Obioban's 2005 IR/IR Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post

Hey, what are the main benefits of the 817.3 dsc unit ? I’m assuming it’s less intrusive with Zhp rack if that’s the case I’m interested in learning more about it if you don’t mind sharing. Thanks 🙏

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You can code the stock MK60 for the ZCP or ZHP racks.

The 817.3 benefits for me are more track focused ABS behavior and separate buttons for M track mode and DSC off (which mostly means DSC can be turned off quickly enough that I can drift away from stop signs again). For people that race their cars (as opposed to track), the 817.3 module can also be flashed with BMW's motorsport software (eliminates DSC but gives you a full race ABS profile).... but I don't care about that.

I will be using the S button on my e39 washer stalk to turn on MTM now and the DSC button will once again be instant DSC off.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	md_44fe9ea5-1a1e-4588-8154-02207ff96e8b.jpg
Views:	922
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	157530

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

You can code the stock MK60 for the ZCP or ZHP racks.

The 817.3 benefits for me are more track focused ABS behavior and separate buttons for M track mode and DSC off (which mostly means DSC can be turned off quickly enough that I can drift away from stop signs again). For people that race their cars (as opposed to track), the 817.3 module can also be flashed with BMW's motorsport software (eliminates DSC but gives you a full race ABS profile).... but I don't care about that.

I will be using the S button on my e39 washer stalk to turn on MTM now and the DSC button will once again be instant DSC off.

Name:	md_44fe9ea5-1a1e-4588-8154-02207ff96e8b.jpg
Views:	922
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	157530
      Sounds like we both looking for more track oriented setups 👍, thanks for quick response Yes I already have mk60 coded for Zhp rack, thought it be even less intrusive with 817.3 module, but having instant on off with dsc button back would be nice as well, it’s bit annoying holding the button for couple seconds to turn it off now, and having dedicated button for m-track mode, having less intrusive abs on track is big plus as well. Is it mostly plug and play plus coding? By mostly I mean you probably have to run wire for the S button stalk?

Comment

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post

Sounds like we both looking for more track oriented setups 👍, thanks for quick response Yes I already have mk60 coded for Zhp rack, thought it be even less intrusive with 817.3 module, but having instant on off with dsc button back would be nice as well, it’s bit annoying holding the button for couple seconds to turn it off now, and having dedicated button for m-track mode, having less intrusive abs on track is big plus as well. Is it mostly plug and play plus coding? By mostly I mean you probably have to run wire for the S button stalk?

It’s pretty plug and play, but 817.3 modules are hard to find. I searched for 2 years.

I did run a wire for the button. Otherwise, plug and play.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I don't really have a better place for this, so putting it here...

I'm currently building a house. I'm going with a window supplier in Germany. I was amused to notice that they use the same glass supplier as BMW (Saint Globain).

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

You happen to have the part number for the e39 high intensity washer reservoir? Also, do you have to use the associated pump or will a stock (e46 windshield) pump work?

I was going to out an e36 tank in my drug bin, but this seems better apl around for similar money. (Maybe?)

Great weight saving mod there!

Comment

Couldn't have ask for a more perfect track weekend (NJMP Lightning). Sunny and 60-80° all weekend. Life is good 😛

Click image for larger version  Name:	hsr.jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.4 KB ID:	173222

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Couldn't have ask for a more perfect track weekend (NJMP Lightning). Sunny and 60-80° all weekend. Life is good 😛

Click image for larger version  Name:	hsr.jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.4 KB ID:	173222
                Any change in how you feel about the FCM suspension setup?
                2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Any change in how you feel about the FCM suspension setup?
                  Nope.

I do really enjoy it not being adjustable 🤣

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Just signed up for my first time trial event. It seems like the way the cars set up, it should be passingly competitive in SCCA T3 class, without having to downgrade it in any way:

$120 to enter the event, so pretty cheap way to dip my toe in the water to see if I like it.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	md_44fe9ea5-1a1e-4588-8154-02207ff96e8b.jpg Views:	419 Size:	12.8 KB ID:	157530
                      I did this in my wagon today as a second m-track/DSC button with a simple relay. It works great, thank you for the idea!
                      ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post

I did this in my wagon today as a second m-track/DSC button with a simple relay. It works great, thank you for the idea!
                        Nice! certainly easier/cheaper than my 817.3 DSC solution

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Somehow I never made an e39 M5 build journal here... and I don't do enough on the car for it to be worth it. It's basically just a driver. So e39 M5 update here :P

Went on a vacation up to Martha's Vineyard recently. ~1250 miles total-- 250 on the island, and 500 mile road trip (plus a ferry ride) each way. The house we were staying at was at the end of a dirt road, so a bit of rally special stage every day.

The e39 seemed like the best matched car for the job. It was FULL. Me, wife, child, dog, plus everything needed for a week there, including a mattress for the kid and some food stuffs (as food on the island is stupidly expensive, so didn't want to be buying any groceries if we could help it).

Stopped at a friend's house on the way up. e39 enthusiast-- the nicest e39 M5 I know of (not pictured because in his garage), an Alpina B10 3.2 (only one in the USA AFAIK), a e39 530iA, and he just bought my old e39 530i manual (which a different friend of mine has owned for the last couple years). Also has an e46 M3 :P

Outside of the house we stayed at:

Some random pretty shots my wife took of the car:

And a random picture in the parking lot where we stopped for dinner, showing all the dirt on the car from a week of dirt road living:

I also flew the drone a couple times along the way. Car results:

Funny non car related side note:
                          The first time my daughter ever went into the ocean (which was this trip) was the beach where they filmed Jaws. 🤣

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Damn man you were in my hood and didn't say what's up?

Car looks good haha
                            2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                            2005 BMW ///M3
                            Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                            2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                            2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                            2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

This may be the most boring update ever. But... the rear trim on my trunk was looking a bit the worse for wear, so I replaced it.

I have renamed my car to the Ship of Theseus.

Name:	IMG_9344.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	352.5 KB
ID:	178485

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I suspect that name fits perfectly
                                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Working...
                                X