Disable Cat Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable Cat Protection

Just installed SSV1s and SS HJS catted section 1 on my car. Apparently, HJS recommends disabling cat protection when using these cats, according to this comment made by Obioban .

I compared a binary with cat protection disabled to a stock one and found that k_ti_f_kats_max differed between the two. On the stock binary, it is set to 1.350 and on the binary with cat protection disabled it is set to 1.000.

I'm assuming this is some multiplicative parameter that richens the mixture by 35% when the cat protection temp threshold is reached. If so, setting it to 1.00 would make sense, as it would keep the mixture the same.

Can someone confirm that this is all that's needed to disable cat protection? Just want to make sure I don't need to modify anything else.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Confirmed! Yes that’s how you do it. You can also set the EGT thresholds to max if you want to totally disable it, but the neutral setting is good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome, thanks for confirming!
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SliM3 View Post
        Confirmed! Yes that’s how you do it. You can also set the EGT thresholds to max if you want to totally disable it, but the neutral setting is good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Does this mean that the only purpose the EGT serves is cat protection?
        Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post

Does this mean that the only purpose the EGT serves is cat protection?
          Yes unless you're running CSL software in which case I read an old comment from Terra that apparently it does have some role in fueling calculations.
          2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Many thanks, sir.
            Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Working...
            X