Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A quick and easy way to street tune your CSL conversion for drivability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pnvhome View Post
    Got a question, so i made first run, edited RF table, all was good, but i undertstand that run was really short, so today i made a new run, used new RF table from last edited, paste them in Excel and got numbers like 21.023 i paste them in TABLE in Turner pro, press save, and when i reopen all digits changed from 21.023 - to 21.000, can some one send XDF parametrs for this table? Because i think some thing is wrong in settings of that table (from github)
    she rounds to tenths, instead of leaving thousandths, it doesn’t seem like a big difference, but something tells me that this is not entirely correct
    Thanks!

It will do that, that is ok. The value size allocation allows for a finite number of significant digits, so TunerPro will simply round off (its insignificant).

I would stay away from doing short runs, you want nice long drives or at least high hit counts for the cells or area you are targeting. I am also a bit skeptical of any cell that has a strange value at quantity 2 or 5 hits or something, manually replace it with 1. If you are seeing high corrections (stock limits in many cars are 1.1 to 0.9) then do short drives to get them closer before you spend a lot of time in these areas.
    This is sort of when the LTFT become important, Lambda Integrator is applied as an instant correction OVER the longer term fuel trim. This is partially why I disabled it, after long periods of time cruising at high speeds (4k+ rpm for example) the fuel trim would apply to everything and then car would hunt during idle when I stop afterwards. Without a MAF I don't really see a point to long term fuel trims, unless you have a significant drop in fuel pressure there isn't a whole lot that it can help with.​

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
      A bit slow on the draw here, do you need to download megalog viewer, tunerstudio as well as tunerpro?
      You don't need TunerStudio, only MegalogViewer HD (Its such a mouthful of a name). I think the free version does not allow you to view data in a historgram table.
      My work flow is: Datalog with Testo >> Get the average value with MegalogViewer >> Grab VE table with TunerPro >> Change it with Excel Spreadsheet >> Back to TunerPro >> Flash the tune.

Comment

If anyone wants to play around with other methods, that would also be cool.

I've tried logging Lambda with my wideband and do a similar approach, not good. Ended up with heavy overshoots so I added a multiplier in to reduce the percent value but sort of abandoned the project when the Integrators worked exceptionally well.
        I still kind of want to try using wideband Lambda values and maybe do a full chemistry calculation for the target corrections, but don't think its really needed. A fun opportunity here can be a way to create a target AFR table first (this can include the open loop high load sections), then divide the target table by your logged lambda to get a percent by which you are off, and then come up with some scaled value to incrementally reach your target AFR instead of just Stoichiometry for closed loop. If you know how many lonely fuel or air molecules you have (Lambda), you should be able to math your way into a pretty decent VE table.

Next time I go to the mountains I may try to get a nice data sample and see if I can make the high load portions of my tune a little cleaner just as a proof of concept for this method.​

Comment

How do you filter accel fuel because you must not correct your VE table when accel fuel is ON ? Reving up with constant pedal position can be a solution.
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

Originally posted by MpowerE36 View Post
            How do you filter accel fuel because you must not correct your VE table when accel fuel is ON ? Reving up with constant pedal position can be a solution.
            I’ve been wondering the same. Maybe if you log long enough it averages/filters out? Seems worth disabling for the tuning session if that’s possible.
            ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by MpowerE36 View Post
              Although you can remove all transients using a filter in Megalog Viewer (they have a tutorial just for this), Lambda Integrator correction is a closed loop system only, it disables itself otherwise and defaults to a 1. This really only tunes the drivability portions (closed loop) you are on your own for the rest.

And yes, you need to have a lot of data points and rely on the power of large data sets, you don't want to make a change with very few hit counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavlo View Post

I forget who the author of this one is, it was on the old M3 forum MSS54 master thread. I did not make it, but since it was publicly posted in the past, I don't mind sharing it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nyV...ew?usp=sharing

If the author does not want this XDF shared, please let me know and I'll delete the link.
                I'm the author (Brian H.) and don't mind that it is shared, albeit I've probably made quite a few revisions to that XDF since it was posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pavlo View Post

Although you can remove all transients using a filter in Megalog Viewer (they have a tutorial just for this), Lambda Integrator correction is a closed loop system only, it disables itself otherwise and defaults to a 1. This really only tunes the drivability portions (closed loop) you are on your own for the rest.

And yes, you need to have a lot of data points and rely on the power of large data sets, you don't want to make a change with very few hit counts.
                  If the lambda regulator is constantly shutting down due to accel enrichment you can change the value at which they cut-off using K_LA_BA_OFF_POS (shuts down regulator if resulting accel enrich factor exceeds 1.04) and K_LA_BA_OFF_NEG (shuts down regulator if resulting accel enrich factor falls below 0.94).

Comment

Originally posted by SliM3 View Post

I'm the author (Brian H.) and don't mind that it is shared, albeit I've probably made quite a few revisions to that XDF since it was posted.

Mind sharing the most up to date/accurate one?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Mind sharing the most up to date/accurate one?
                      I don't mind, but I need to clean it up and get rid of all the custom stuff.

I'll post when we get back home in a couple days.

Comment

Got two sessions in and it was super clear in the map that one small ‘island’ in the tune was sending my long term fuel trims to ~115%, causing every other spot to run rich. Thank you! Really clever solution you’ve come up with here

Comment

Any potential for a 'dummies' guide to this? I have edited tunes very basically but never been in the tables or anything.

Comment

I was absolutely dummy) Made about 5 runs, last one was almost absolutely ideal, also changed WOT table from the topic near this, and cleared FLAP table, i have turner intake. So now car runs almost perfectly just a little jigs on 2200rpm with 4 celcius outside, also there is no more bad resonations in exhaust. And car runs absolutely smooth even from 1800rpm
                            also i think problem in jigs becouse of map sensor with kit from kassel, on logs it shows that to many pulsations

Comment

For the record, here’s the difference between the default CSL tune and the 5 runs in version using this method on my car. Super clever, thank you for sharing!
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0692.png Views:	0 Size:	637.4 KB ID:	243562

Throttle tip in is so much smoother and the motor seems much happier. I agree that a good amount of the rasp is gone in that mid-2k RPM range. Looks like those CSL cams and the SS headers really do make a difference. With these headers, I needed fuel almost everywhere, and particularly in two islands.

My motor is a 180k mile stock internal CSL conversion, with flap, SS v1 headers and matching catted section 1. This tuning was done with flap closed to the appropriate map.

Adaptations are now turned back on, so I’ll be watching what the motor does.

edit: I’d bet that the resonances and jitteriness in the 2k RPM range can be totally tuned by changing the interpolation motor RPMs. I did this for my WOT tune and was able to get a super flat AFR curve by targeting the resonant and nodal frequencies as the interpolation points.
                              Last edited by Bry5on; 11-26-2023, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post
                                For the record, here’s the difference between the default CSL tune and the 5 runs in version using this method on my car. Super clever, thank you for sharing!
                                Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0692.png Views:	0 Size:	637.4 KB ID:	243562

Throttle tip in is so much smoother and the motor seems much happier. I agree that a good amount of the rasp is gone in that mid-2k RPM range. Looks like those CSL cams and the SS headers really do make a difference. With these headers, I needed fuel almost everywhere, and particularly in two islands.

My motor is a 180k mile stock internal CSL conversion, with flap, SS v1 headers and matching catted section 1. This tuning was done with flap closed to the appropriate map.

Adaptations are now turned back on, so I’ll be watching what the motor does.

edit: I’d bet that the resonances and jitteriness in the 2k RPM range can be totally tuned by changing the interpolation motor RPMs. I did this for my WOT tune and was able to get a super flat AFR curve by targeting the resonant and nodal frequencies as the interpolation points.
                                Do you use map sensor as kassel kit? When it installed on intake, or kit when it is installed near to ecu box? Or original csl tube for map?

Comment

Working...
                                X