MSS5x Binary Modification Tool Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleSidedTape View Post
    Is it possible to use this tool to disable code 221 (System Test, Crankcase Breather) caused by deleting this thing?
    CSL tune deletes it.
    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

CSL tune deletes it.
      I have a stock intake.

I did find this thread: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...et-pump-delete

I assume I'll just have to edit the bin file manually?

Comment

Originally posted by NaM3 View Post
        This is great to see as I have been wanting to up my idle speed just a tad bit since my exhaust heat shield rattles at idle.
        Hi, what limit did you set the idle speed for?

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
          It’s been a while since we updated the MSS5x Binary Modification Tool for the E46 M3 & E39 M5 so we thought it was time to add some of the top requested features.

New features include:
          • Kess V2 reads are now support.
          • Burble & Pop added for the E39 M5.
          • AlphaN added for the E39 M5.
          • Idle Speed adjustment for the E46 M3 & E39 M5.
          • Cat Protection threshold adjustment for the E39 M5.
          • EGT Monitoring disablement for the E39 M5.
          • GPS/Clutch Switch reconfiguration for after SMG to Manual swaps.
          • GPS disablement for SMG to Manual swaps.
          • Z4M Electric Fan settings for the E46 M3 Aux Fan.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	tool_update2.JPG
Views:	4181
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	8702

As always updates for existing users are free of charge and the latest version of the tool can be found on the downloads page here.

Feel free to post feature requests etc below.

Cheers,

Martyn
          my ECU version is not listed

Comment

Hi are those good for tuning e46 m3 using mss5x? Just want to buy some from amazon. thanks.
            Amazon.com: Inpa Ediabas k Dcan k+can USB Switch ftdi ft232rq obdii obd2 Cable e Series e90 e36 e46 r56 : Automotive
            Amazon.com: CTEK (56-353) MULTI US 7002 12-Volt Battery Charger,Black : Automotive

Comment

Responding just in case you weren’t able to figure it out. I have that cable and it works fine. The charger should be okay too.
              Silver Track to Street Car Journal
              Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

My car currently has an AlphaN tune for a CSL airbox, and I was wanting to change the scaling of the IAT from the CSL IAT to the US IAT (relocating).

Is this the correct setting to make that change? If so, the first option was already selected, so I’m guessing my tuner set my car up for the US IAT even though I told him I was running the CSL IAT hooked up to the stock CSL airbox location?​
                Attached Files
                Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                  My car currently has an AlphaN tune for a CSL airbox, and I was wanting to change the scaling of the IAT from the CSL IAT to the US IAT (relocating).

Is this the correct setting to make that change? If so, the first option was already selected, so I’m guessing my tuner set my car up for the US IAT even though I told him I was running the CSL IAT hooked up to the stock CSL airbox location?​
                  If that was the option that was already selected when you loaded your bin file up into the program your good to go.

The US IAT is for the sensor that has the nut on it and more easily mounts where you want it.
                  2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                  Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                  Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                  RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                  Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
                    It’s been a while since we updated the MSS5x Binary Modification Tool for the E46 M3 & E39 M5 so we thought it was time to add some of the top requested features.

New features include:
                    • Kess V2 reads are now support.
                    • Burble & Pop added for the E39 M5.
                    • AlphaN added for the E39 M5.
                    • Idle Speed adjustment for the E46 M3 & E39 M5.
                    • Cat Protection threshold adjustment for the E39 M5.
                    • EGT Monitoring disablement for the E39 M5.
                    • GPS/Clutch Switch reconfiguration for after SMG to Manual swaps.
                    • GPS disablement for SMG to Manual swaps.
                    • Z4M Electric Fan settings for the E46 M3 Aux Fan.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	tool_update2.JPG Views:	3625 Size:	89.8 KB ID:	8702

As always updates for existing users are free of charge and the latest version of the tool can be found on the downloads page here.

Feel free to post feature requests etc below.

Cheers,

Martyn
                    Hi Martyn,
                    I recently finished my conversion SMG to 6M. I have a 2003 MY. (Nov. 2002) I'm in US Northern CA. I have the correct clutch switch part # 61-31-9-122-700 my cruise control works and the vehicle starts only when the clutch pedal is depressed. I did not install the gear identification sensor and the vehicle was codded to reflect just the clutch switch module pin 2 going to the DME pin 20 at X60002 connector, and pin 4 from the clutch switch module is wired into the EWS pin 8. Car runs good when cold (normal throttle response) but as it warms up to temp. it stalls as I come to a stop and the gas pedal is sluggish. (I checked the signal with INPA and confirm correct operation of the switch by going to E46 > Engine > MSS54 for S54 > Read Status > Digital 1 > Status Grip Switch. The status was off with the clutch out, and on with the clutch in)
                    Any thoughts on why my engine is stalling when I come up to a stop? At the time when the engine begins to stall the throttle response when I push on the gas pedal is also delayed.
                    Also if I was to use your service remotely, does your app or interface work on any widows platform (WIN10). I do have the K+DCAN cable that I use with an old laptop that has win7 for INPA but is way too old and unstable.
                    Thanks for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by 2003wmb View Post

Hi Martyn,
                      I recently finished my conversion SMG to 6M. I have a 2003 MY. (Nov. 2002) I'm in US Northern CA. I have the correct clutch switch part # 61-31-9-122-700 my cruise control works and the vehicle starts only when the clutch pedal is depressed. I did not install the gear identification sensor and the vehicle was codded to reflect just the clutch switch module pin 2 going to the DME pin 20 at X60002 connector, and pin 4 from the clutch switch module is wired into the EWS pin 8. Car runs good when cold (normal throttle response) but as it warms up to temp. it stalls as I come to a stop and the gas pedal is sluggish. (I checked the signal with INPA and confirm correct operation of the switch by going to E46 > Engine > MSS54 for S54 > Read Status > Digital 1 > Status Grip Switch. The status was off with the clutch out, and on with the clutch in)
                      Any thoughts on why my engine is stalling when I come up to a stop? At the time when the engine begins to stall the throttle response when I push on the gas pedal is also delayed.
                      Also if I was to use your service remotely, does your app or interface work on any widows platform (WIN10). I do have the K+DCAN cable that I use with an old laptop that has win7 for INPA but is way too old and unstable.
                      Thanks for your time.

Not sure if you are referring to mss flasher when you mention Martyn's app / interface, but I have Windows 11 and a K+DCAN cable and flash all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post

Not sure if you are referring to mss flasher when you mention Martyn's app / interface, but I have Windows 11 and a K+DCAN cable and flash all the time.

Thanks for responding Stilt, I was referring to the software Martyn developed (see Below) I know that some older versions of INPA only work on win7 but Martyn's MSS5X Binary Modification Tool is not dependent on any of the BMW stuff.

Name:	image.png
Views:	265
Size:	591.6 KB
ID:	233896

Comment

Originally posted by 2003wmb View Post

Thanks for responding Stilt, I was referring to the software Martyn developed (see Below) I know that some older versions of INPA only work on win7 but Martyn's MSS5X Binary Modification Tool is not dependent on any of the BMW stuff.

Name:	image.png
Views:	265
Size:	591.6 KB
ID:	233896
                          Brain fart. I mean to say that I wasn't sure if you were talking about Marty's tool. But yeah, I use it all the time and I'm on windows 11!

Comment

I have the Lang Racing AEM MAP Sensor 1 bar (Part # 30-2130-15). Can you re-scale my bin file for this sensor with this software?

Comment

Amazing software, thank you so much for it.

Comment

Question guys.

i have a dinan tune. It came with the car when i bought it and don’t have a cable or access to the oem map.

i just want to add a few features that ecuworx provides. Can I still do that on top of the dinan tune? How would I know if the tune is locked like that one post mentioned earlier in the thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X