No announcement yet.

MSS5x Binary Modification Tool Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a german license? I have a hard time with English?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Martyn, by "evolve tune applied," do you mean the tune that one can purchase from within your tool? My car was tuned by evolve in late 2017- I just want to make sure I'm ok because I didn't quite understand what you meant.

After editing the partial .bin in your tool, I assume I flash it with bmwflash (or mssflasher) rather than use evolve's software correct? Because I no longer have a .mod file, now only a .bin.

Thank you
      I also have a tune from Evolve in my car, am I reading correct that you can still use this tool to make modifications? I thought Evolve locked the DME, but I guess I forget.
      -Brandon
      2005 M3 BMW Individual Sterling Gray / Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Providing you can read a legit bin from the DME you'll be fine. The best way is to to just try taking a read and then loading it into the software and checking the values look ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
          It’s been a while since we updated the MSS5x Binary Modification Tool for the E46 M3 & E39 M5 so we thought it was time to add some of the top requested features.

New features include:
          • Kess V2 reads are now support.
          • Burble & Pop added for the E39 M5.
          • AlphaN added for the E39 M5.
          • Idle Speed adjustment for the E46 M3 & E39 M5.
          • Cat Protection threshold adjustment for the E39 M5.
          • EGT Monitoring disablement for the E39 M5.
          • GPS/Clutch Switch reconfiguration for after SMG to Manual swaps.
          • GPS disablement for SMG to Manual swaps.
          • Z4M Electric Fan settings for the E46 M3 Aux Fan.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	tool_update2.JPG
Views:	4248
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	8702

As always updates for existing users are free of charge and the latest version of the tool can be found on the downloads page here.

Feel free to post feature requests etc below.

Cheers,

Martyn
          yay i dont have to do these manually anymore.

one thing is i had to make changes based on the software version. if it was non HP or HP or CSL etc or the different variants of them.

does yours take that into account when it loads the software so if its the HP software then it makes those changes for clutch and GPS config but if you load the non HP where those settings in a different area it knows to go to that area?

1) Set K_SKRAFTS_CONTROL to 02 (default should be 01). This is located at 0x4028 on the MSS54 and 0x802A on the MSS54HP

2) Set K_S_GANG_LL_ED to 0xFFFF (default should be 0x0032). This is located at 0x35AE on 1701/2101, 0x35DA on 2801, 0x5952 on 2001/2701, and 0x582E on 0301/0401 (CSL)

3) US cars: Set K_MD_MIN_VERH_KRAFTS to 0xA0. It is located at 0x67E0 on 2801 (MSS54). It is located at 0x88A2 on 2701 (MSS54HP). Default value is 0x80 on US cars (Euro cars are already at 0xA0).

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

yay i dont have to do these manually anymore.

one thing is i had to make changes based on the software version. if it was non HP or HP or CSL etc or the different variants of them.

does yours take that into account when it loads the software so if its the HP software then it makes those changes for clutch and GPS config but if you load the non HP where those settings in a different area it knows to go to that area?
            Yes, all versions are accounted for.

Comment

Hey Martyn,

Have you had any time to review my bins? Just checking in. Also, the pump slams into gears at any rpms... even at slower speeds (like I'm flooring it), very strange.Do my 288/280 cams have anything to do with the shifting characteristics?

x Spades x

Comment

Not yet, will take a look later if i can.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
                  Not yet, will take a look later if i can.
                  Thanks again!

I'm currently trying to get this car to pass emissions now. Failed twice already, fml. Not sure how to ready the O2 sensor heater and evap. I've deleted my SAP, so that's my one allowed non ready. LolClick image for larger version

Name:	20200415_165621.jpg
Views:	910
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	12742

Comment

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post

Thanks again!

I'm currently trying to get this car to pass emissions now. Failed twice already, fml. Not sure how to ready the O2 sensor heater and evap. I've deleted my SAP, so that's my one allowed non ready. LolClick image for larger version

Name:	20200415_165621.jpg
Views:	910
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	12742
                    You in Cali? I had to "Disable Rear O2 DCTs" to pass.
                    17 iO1 i3
                    16 F22 M235i
                    08 E93 M3
                    04 E46 M3 Carbon Schwarz - SMG II - Discovery Automotive tuned - AFE Stage 2 - SS Stepped - SS Metallic Cats - Eisenmann X-pipe - SS Race - 4.10 - ACS CF lip - 6000K Heads & Fogs - Tein S

Comment

And disable sap for the secondary air system
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I'm in CT

SAP has been disabled, so this will always say not ready.

Comment

I'm in CT

SAP has been disabled, so this will always say not ready.
                          If you delete the error code without actually turning it off in the tune, it'll read as ready after your first cold start

Comment

This is amazing, THANK YOU. So I can move my non ready to either the O2 heater or Evap.

I've been drive cycling my butt off , for a few days,and nothing seems to be working.

I downloaded Torque Pro on my phone, so I can the readiness without going to the actual emissions place..pantone know of a cheap compatible bluetooth adapter?

Comment

It’s the best tool ever. Thx Martyn

Comment

I downloaded Torque Pro on my phone, so I can the readiness without going to the actual emissions place..pantone know of a cheap compatible bluetooth adapter?
                                these cheap things work perfectly. Pay more for a us seller for faster delivery.

DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                                X