No announcement yet.

CSL tune aux fan curve location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought my car with the clutch fan deleted and a Spal fan using the aux fan controller in its place. When over 80 degrees stopped my temp needle starts to creep to 3/4s.
    I know the PO was messing with ECUworx. Hopefully no Z4m fan curve. But I think I need to download this change the curves and fix this issue once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekpoint View Post
      I bought my car with the clutch fan deleted and a Spal fan using the aux fan controller in its place. When over 80 degrees stopped my temp needle starts to creep to 3/4s.
      I know the PO was messing with ECUworx. Hopefully no Z4m fan curve. But I think I need to download this change the curves and fix this issue once and for all.
      Very likely he may have the z4m fan curve. I sat in traffic last week in 90 degree temps and no creep at all with my spal fan and stock fan temps. I would definitely look into it!
      2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post

Very likely he may have the z4m fan curve. I sat in traffic last week in 90 degree temps and no creep at all with my spal fan and stock fan temps. I would definitely look into it!
        With A/C on?

I find temps are very stable with A/C off, when I turn A/C on at idle they creep.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

With A/C on?

I find temps are very stable with A/C off, when I turn A/C on at idle they creep.
          Either your cooling system is shot or you may have z4m fan temps. My car with ac full blast does not creep in 95 degree traffic with stock values.
          2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
          2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post

Either your cooling system is shot or you may have z4m fan temps. My car with ac full blast does not creep in 95 degree traffic with stock values.
            And that's exactly the way it should be

Comment

Is Fan curve uses coolant water temperature sensor outside from radiator or that stands in engine?

Comment

Originally posted by BMWfanz View Post
                Is Fan curve uses coolant water temperature sensor outside from radiator or that stands in engine?
                The aux fan uses the coolant temp sensor in the lower radiator hose.

Comment

Maybe someone else have same issue- I'm running on CSL map on my E30 S54- problem is that aux fan starts after 10 seconds after engine- works on low power appx. 30%- but there is cold outside- and coolant temperature outside of radiator is below zero- any ideas why does it works like this? Used INPA test of fan- it passes and activates

Comment

Working...
                  X