Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Else Should I Change When I do My Clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, the original pin looks not bad at all, so I’m in the camp that don’t need the brass or ss pin replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post
      Wow, the original pin looks not bad at all, so I’m in the camp that don’t need the brass or ss pin replacement.
      Yeah I agree. I would choose the stock plastic pin over the metal ones if I were doing this again.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Yeah I agree. I would choose the stock plastic pin over the metal ones if I were doing this again.
        Why not go with the SS pin? Noisy? Cost? I have an SS pin for my clutch job in the future but was thinking of getting the plastic one since I’m SMG as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Why not go with the SS pin? Noisy? Cost? I have an SS pin for my clutch job in the future but was thinking of getting the plastic one since I’m SMG as well.
          I have the SS pin on one of my M3 and I regret, it’s noisy. I will eventually drop tranny again to put OEM plastic back.
          2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/M-Texture 6mt
          2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
          2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

I have the SS pin on one of my M3 and I regret, it's noisy. I will eventually drop tranny again to put OEM plastic back.
            Ah ok thanks for the feedback. Did you lube it when installing it? I'll have a plastic one in the basket for the next order of parts

Comment

Ah ok thanks for the feedback. Did you lube it when installing it? I'll have a plastic one in the basket for the next order of parts
              To give you an idea, if I want to get rid of the rattling noise it makes, I need to put a litttle bit of pressure on the clutch pedal… so annoying on a car with stock muffler. So even a bit of lube haven’t changed anything. And when replacing the pivot pin, make sure to measure depth precisely otherwise you will bust the clutch slave… ask me how I know…

Also regarding the TOB, I think I prefer the one that comes with the LuK clutch kit. The TOB is pressed by the clutch fork and doesn’t get in contact straight as pressure is apply by clutch slave. Contact point of clutch fork is more with an angle. Pretty sure the LUK TOB apply load more evenly on the pressure plate during all of the slave travel.
              2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/M-Texture 6mt
              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

To give you an idea, if I want to get rid of the rattling noise it makes, I need to put a litttle bit of pressure on the clutch pedal… so annoying on a car with stock muffler. So even a bit of lube haven't changed anything. And when replacing the pivot pin, make sure to measure depth precisely otherwise you will bust the clutch slave… ask me how I know…

Also regarding the TOB, I think I prefer the one that comes with the LuK clutch kit. The TOB is pressed by the clutch fork and doesn't get in contact straight as pressure is apply by clutch slave. Contact point of clutch fork is more with an angle. Pretty sure the LUK TOB apply load more evenly on the pressure plate during all of the slave travel.
                Yup sounds good, thanks. I'll get the plastic pin.

Comment

Great thread, thank you to all for the knowledge sharing. So, for a vehicle with exhaust and tune (my car), on the street, is the SACHS "Performance" kit 21212282667 recommended or, something else? I'mis finding the 667 part number kit show up various places, at vastly different prices and I'm not sure what "Performance" denotes compared to "stock" equivalent.

Comment

I have the SS pin on one of my M3 and I regret, it’s noisy. I will eventually drop tranny again to put OEM plastic back.
                    It's also less friction between the plastic pin and the fork, so less wear on the fork pivot dimple.

Comment

Are y'all changing 21511223302 Clutch Release fork lever with every clutch change? My Car has close to 55k miles and i want to do the clutch refresh one of these days. Car is SMG so i have tracked and done launches on this clutch and i feel it sliping sometimes in between shifts.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=21_0093

Comment

Are y'all changing 21511223302 Clutch Release fork lever with every clutch change? My Car has close to 55k miles and i want to do the clutch refresh one of these days. Car is SMG so i have tracked and done launches on this clutch and i feel it sliping sometimes in between shifts.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=21_0093
                        At 55k, I'd reuse the fork.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i
                        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I'm about to replace mine with SS, although the plastic one does look fine, but I wonder how is it noisier if there is a fork clip that keep together so it doesn't rattle?
                          Also, do you have the stock flywheel? otherwise the lightweight flywheel makes a lot more noise than this pin.

Genuine BMW Fork Lever Spring Release Bearing Fork InStock Ships Today!. Call (310)626-8765. May Qualify For FREE SHIPPING. Parts# 21 51 7 570 284 21-51-7-570-284 21.51.7.570.284 21517570284. E31, E34, E39, E52, E61, E82, E83, E89, E90, E92, E93, F06, F32, F33, F80, F87 <a href=

Comment

I'd just stick with the plastic pin and replace. The throw-out bearing will disintegrate first.

Comment

Originally posted by GolanM3 View Post

I'm about to replace mine with SS, although the plastic one does look fine, but I wonder how is it noisier if there is a fork clip that keep together so it doesn't rattle?
                              Maybe the clip is not strong enough to hold the fork to the pin tight on the road. It main function is to avoid the fork end fell off the pin, but not hold it tight enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X