Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCS Tuning (Paul Claude) or HTE Performance (Hassan) for Karbonius CSL airbox tune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaredU View Post

I’m probably the only person on the planet with no facebook, intsagram, twitter. I have 0 social media.. any other way lol?
    Download Whatsapp messaging app. Contact him there, his phone number is +96178877119.
    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Just curious, how long do you wait from a response from HTE? I emailed him directly on Thursday, but have not heard back yet. I remember when I was in contact with him a couple years ago, he responded very quick. I only ask because renting dyno time by me is not easy.
      When he tuned mine we e-mailed back and forth, but he was slow on a couple of occasions. Apparently he gets loads and loads of e-mails so yours might get lost in the masses.

Regards

Comment

Perfect I’ll try the whatsapp route,

and ya I could see getting lost in the masses of emails he probably gets, it was the weekend too, but I remember him writing back like within the hour last time we spoke

Comment

I just got done with a session with Hassan/HTE Performance. He's pretty responsive via email but I'm sure like all of us, gets bogged down from time to time.

I'm SUPER happy with the results. Driveability is superb and the numbers are pretty strong for the mods I have. Go here for the results in the S54 Dyno Database thread.
          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Just got in touch with him to book a tune mid July when I’m back from vacation, only to instantly realize my vanos is being bullet proofed and my rod bearings done while I’m away, and no chance I’ll have done the bearing break in mileage by that time

Comment

I’m probably the only person on the planet with no facebook, intsagram, twitter. I have 0 social media.. any other way lol?
              Oh no, you're not. Never have, never will. Not only, everybody sitting down... I still have a flip phone that I've had since 2006, and it doesn't even take pics. Not only... I've never sent a text in my life, and don't even know how. Carry on.

Comment

Just had Hassan write and load up my base tune today. Damn, way better and stronger than AA’s off the shelf. He said the AA looked like a TTFS tune, took him a little longer but correcred everything, took it out for a quick boot. Like a different car, Can’t wait to get on the dyno in a couple weeks!

Comment

Just had Hassan write and load up my base tune today. Damn, way better and stronger than AA’s off the shelf. He said the AA looked like a TTFS tune, took him a little longer but correcred everything, took it out for a quick boot. Like a different car, Can’t wait to get on the dyno in a couple weeks!
                  Well according to guys on M5board, TTFS is a great tuner and there's no evidence of his tunes being bad or having issues. 😅
                  Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by VisorM3 View Post

Yeah you are right, now that you mention it, it's gotta be pretty rare someone that used both to be able to give a comparison.
                    But just feedback in general is all good as well and I'll just make up my mind and pick one lol

I have contacted both by email or FB messenger and both were very informative and good vibes.
                    I've had both Paul Claude and Hassan tune my S54. PC was the first to tune it followed by HTE. Ran PC's tune for ~1 year and then had Hassan tune it. The only mod I have over stock setup is catless headers with 200 cell cats in section 1. I've run 15 track days (38 hours) since modifying my engine with no issues to date.

Base power in July 2019: 285 whp, 237 tq
                    PC tune in Aug 2019: 308 whp, 249 tq
                    HTE tune in July 2020: 316 whp, 249 tq

Both guys are great to deal with. Easy to contact, very responsive, transparent, priced fairly, and open to questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                      I just got done with a session with Hassan/HTE Performance. He's pretty responsive via email but I'm sure like all of us, gets bogged down from time to time.

I'm SUPER happy with the results. Driveability is superb and the numbers are pretty strong for the mods I have. Go here for the results in the S54 Dyno Database thread.
                      No dyno for me but this mirrors my experience. First email had a response within an hour and the car feels great post tune.

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm have Kassel convert my DME to an MSS54HP. I plan to run a base CSL tune for a while before I can get the car on a dyno. Should I have Kassel load a base CSL tune on the DME too? Or just go with the hardware conversion and get in touch with Hasson for a base CSL tune? Does it even matter? Thanks in advance
                        2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed – HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlin’s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTAB’s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS

Comment

Originally posted by Acarv_426 View Post
                          Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm have Kassel convert my DME to an MSS54HP. I plan to run a base CSL tune for a while before I can get the car on a dyno. Should I have Kassel load a base CSL tune on the DME too? Or just go with the hardware conversion and get in touch with Hasson for a base CSL tune? Does it even matter? Thanks in advance
                          Did you not like what I had to say here?! 🙂

Straight-up stealing this idea from another forum (https://www.rx8club.com/rx-8-discussion-3/dumb-question-thread-no-flaming-sarcasm-allowed-208221/). Is there anything you've wanted to ask but were afraid to? Maybe you're worried about grumpy forum curmudgeons condescending to you about the search function. Maybe you feel
                          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Did you not like what I had to say here?! 🙂

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...962#post170962
                            Lol Casa de Mesa I had a feeling you would comment 😄. All kidding aside, I appreciate your input. I guess I'm just hesitant to go with a Kassel base CSL tune because I've read some stories about how lean the car runs and how dissatisfied people have been with it. I guess I'll find out soon enough lol
                            2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed – HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlin’s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTAB’s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS

Comment

Car will run fine with Kassel base regardless of your exhaust situation, car will just make more power and you may also get better driveability after a dyno tune from the aforementioned tuners.

I ran my Kassel tune with SS exhaust for well over a year, yes it ran a bit rich, the only real thing a dyno tune did was made it pull harder at WOT and presumably made more power as well.
                              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                                Car will run fine with Kassel base regardless of your exhaust situation, car will just make more power and you may also get better driveability after a dyno tune from the aforementioned tuners.

I ran my Kassel tune with SS exhaust for well over a year, yes it ran a bit rich, the only real thing a dyno tune did was made it pull harder at WOT and presumably made more power as well.
                                Appreciate the input Cubieman - Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X