Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

European Blind Spot Side Mirrors - Worth It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been driving around with my new Euro aspherical or no blind spot mirrors for some months now and I would never go back to the US mirrors. For me, now that it's all said and done, it's been a no brainer, bargain upgrade that's significantly improved rear sides visibility and even improves the aesthetics as it gets rid of that stupid DOT required "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" etching on the passenger side mirror. I just wish I had known about them and upgraded sooner.
    Last edited by E46_M3_ZCP; 10-02-2021, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Another satisfied customer, glad to hear it.
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

definitely in the us mirror camp over here

euro mirrors are just too distorted, it's like you're driving with circus mirrors

Comment

Originally posted by E46_M3_ZCP View Post
          I've been driving around with my new Euro aspherical or no blind spot mirrors for some months now and I would never go back to the US mirrors. For me, now that it's all said and done, it's been a no brainer, bargain upgrade that's significantly improved rear sides visibility…
          Think this recent article from Road &Track summarizes it clearly the enthusiasts desire to upgrade to better mirrors.
          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post

Think this recent article from Road &Track summarizes it clearly the enthusiasts desire to upgrade to better mirrors.
            https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...etter-mirrors/
            By the fact that he mentions that he had blind spots before, it sounds like his US spec mirrors were aimed wrong.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...etter-mirrors/
              You can thank archaic DOT standards for our garbage US mirrors dumbed down for us americans.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I like how there's a 4 page thread about friggin rear view mirrors lmao
                http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                  I like how there's a 4 page thread about friggin rear view mirrors lmao
                  It's only 2 pages if you roll with the 40 posts/page setting dogg

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                    You can thank archaic DOT standards for our garbage US mirrors dumbed down for us americans.
                    Sadly North America are using old standards than the rest of world (ROW) use. We suffer while everyone else has better mirrors with better field of vision.
                    At least it’s an easy fix.
                    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Glad you guys aren't in charge. I'd hate to be forced into the inferior euro mirrors

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i
                      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

If you want to get a set, don't get those cheap eBay ones. They are so distorted, they make me dizzy every time I look at them. Took mine off after a day with them.
                        Can't speak for OEM, never had them.
                        BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Guys, these mirrors are $100 per side, $200/set for genuine BMW aspherical, blind spot euro side mirror lenses. No need to buy Ebay cheapos, we drive M3s for crying out loud. Mine are genuine BMW and crystal clear so I obviously highly recommend the genuine set, part numbers for those interested:

For build dates "From 7/2004" and on
                          European Blind Spot Mirror - Left P/N 51167145267
                          European Blind Spot Mirror - Right P/N 511671452678

For build dates "Up to 7/2004" you will also need quantity two of adapter leads P/N 51167836442 because earlier model years have the heater element contacts on the opposite side of the mirror so these adapters allow you to span that additional length needed to make the connection to the new mirrors, my car being a 7/2005 build, I did not need these extension cables.

IMHO, for those looking to upgrade, these should be looked at as legitimate safety items not to be skimped on.
                          Last edited by E46_M3_ZCP; 10-07-2021, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Waking up to ask about differences in late model M3s. On an 06 M3 do you just pull the mirror off? And will the heating wires reach the terminals on back of new glass, unlike earlier models? Need to do my driver side this weekend.

TIA. As said already properly adjusted there should not be any blind spots.
                            Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Working...
                            X