Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Hey guys,

I'm just bringing back my thread from M3Forum. I'm sad that I lost all that history, but hey, what can you do?

To bring everyone to speed: The BlueBus is an A2DP Bluetooth module that is fully integrated into the I-Bus network, allowing it to interface with the radio and draw a "UI" on the screen that you can interact with. The module also supports the factory microphone and telephone features (with an additional harness, or re-wiring on your end).

The website is still https://www.bluebus.dev

As of 2020-03-22, I'm shipping units out. You can expect to get a unit with either just a bottom care or no case at all if you selected "No" to "wait for a case" or you're not based in the U.S. If you purchased a TCU adapter cable, that also won't be in the box just yet.

Once cases and adapters come in from manufacturer, you will get a second shipment with a whole new case and your adapter.

It's safe to use the BlueBus as-is as long as you keep it in the anti-static bag / case.

Here are some BlueBus-related videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnJSSnYYfyE

This video includes the following: BlueBus Walk-Through: 1:20 Installation: 4:41 Wiring: 8:36 Demo: 9:19 Mounting: 20:12 BlueBus Website: www.bluebus.dev Ini...

This video demonstrates the BlueBus user interface on the BMW E46 3-series. This 2002 330xi uses the CD53 BMW Business CD radio.BlueBus website: http://www...

-Ted

Nice! Very excited to receive mine.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
      Nice! Very excited to receive mine.
      Funny, you're the next one on the shipping list. It should go out tomorrow morning

Comment

Thanks Ted!!

Might have to take the car out once it is installed.... to make my mind of this world, even if for a moment.

Comment

Also really excited to get mine! Thanks for bring back your thread, Ted.
          E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
          Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
          Melbourne Red e93m3

Comment

Can't wait to get mine!

Comment

Hello Ted, after the long emails have arrived, I'm not sure if everything fits with me?

Can you tell me the status?

Goodies

Comment

Hey Ted,
                Received mine and gave it a try yesterday🙂. Seems to work ok, but have a question. When I cycle through the modes(cd53) it says CD1-01 or something like that initially, then it says bluetooth. I figure that's normal?

Comment

Looking forward to mine arriving for the M5!

... though I don't know when the M5 will see the road again

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Thanks for sticking with it Ted and I'm looking forward to receiving mine.
                    '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
                      Also really excited to get mine! Thanks for bring back your thread, Ted.
                      Yours is either in the mail or about to be when the postman comes by

Originally posted by Andy2424
                      Hello Ted, after the long emails have arrived, I'm not sure if everything fits with me?

Can you tell me the status?

Goodies
                      Apologies, I don't know your information to look into your order status. Could you please shoot me an email at support@bluebus.dev?

Originally posted by AdamM3

Hey Ted,
                      Received mine and gave it a try yesterday🙂. Seems to work ok, but have a question. When I cycle through the modes(cd53) it says CD1-01 or something like that initially, then it says bluetooth. I figure that's normal?
                      Yes, this is normal. That's what the vehicle would display if it were equipped with a CD Changer. I write the UI to the CD53 by hijacking the telephone UI protocol, since it's the only way to effectively write to the radio. That's unfortunately as good as it gets :/

Originally posted by Obioban
                      Looking forward to mine arriving for the M5!

... though I don't know when the M5 will see the road again
                      Yours should come soon, but with only half a case as explained in OP. Since I've always worked from home, and I have kids, I hardly drive the M3. As such, I took to using the M3/BlueBus as a boombox for the garage just to get some use out of my creation 🤣
                      P.S. I need heard back from you about the TCU adapter

Originally posted by jbfrancis3
                      Thanks for sticking with it Ted and I'm looking forward to receiving mine.
                      Thanks! Yours should be one of the first fully cased units to go out.

To everyone: Make sure your phone volume is maxed/near max when using it with the BlueBus! I tuned the volume on the audio IC to work best with max input volume

I'm also anxiously awaiting feedback from everyone!

Thanks!
                      -Ted

Comment

Hopefully I'll get mine soon too.

Comment

Originally posted by TropicalM3 View Post
                          Hopefully I'll get mine soon too.
                          PM me or post your email and I'll let you know.

-Ted

Comment

winstondawson@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by TropicalM3 View Post
                              Your BlueBus is out for delivery

Comment

Working...
                              X