No announcement yet.

BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ted, I was about to write you an email saying the Bluebus wasn’t working this morning, but I waited to see if the problem persisted on my drive home from work.

The left side buttons to my head unit (E46 full screen Nav) do not work and none of the audio modes work. The OBC and Settings menu work with the right hand controls. This is all the screen showed this morning, but I can’t even get it to display this now.
    Unplugging the Bluebus didn’t make any change. Anyone ever have this issue and solve it?

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post
      Ted, I was about to write you an email saying the Bluebus wasn’t working this morning, but I waited to see if the problem persisted on my drive home from work.

The left side buttons to my head unit (E46 full screen Nav) do not work and none of the audio modes work. The OBC and Settings menu work with the right hand controls. This is all the screen showed this morning, but I can’t even get it to display this now.
      Unplugging the Bluebus didn’t make any change. Anyone ever have this issue and solve it?
      Sounds like your BM53 crashed. Pull the fuses for the radio and Navi and try again

-Ted
      Last edited by t3ddftw; 09-22-2022, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Hello Ted, I just wanted to say thank you, I got my first one in sept 99 :-) It's been working perfectly ever since... THANK YOU

Order 50 :-)

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Sounds like your BM53 crashed. Pull the fuses for the radio and Navi and try again

-Ted
          That did the trick! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sda2 View Post
            The Logic7 amp from 7-series E6x (MOST System) is not compatible with our Kline architecture. Front high/mid and read high speakers are connected to the ASK unit ("radio module" if you want to call it like that) and the subs and center and rear mid are connected to the external amplifier.

There are two options for DSPs with our E46s. The E38/E39 and E8x Top-Hifi amplifier units. E38/39 doesnt match impedance of our speakers. E83 doesnt match the pinout, E85/86 matches perfectly, but you will loose factory subwoofers. Touring doesnt have these, so its a perfect fit.

The E8x DSP amplifier has an internal powersupply that creates 30V supply voltage for the two TDA8926TH chips giving us 2 channels with 100W output power. On E83 these outputs are used for the subwoofers (Zentralbass) under the front seats, and E85 uses them for the carver design subs behind the seats.

Wiring is what makes the difference, but I will go into detail on that in the other thread. I have a complete set of E85 speakers including wiring on the way, so I can change the whole system to those speakers.
            Appreciate the technical details! Attached are pics of the amplifier I pulled from an E83 (modified w/the SMB jack) and the 10Ω woofers from a top-hifi E85. I'd like to emulate your retrofit approach so will hit the scrapyard again tomorrow to pull the remaining speakers from the E85.

Can I ask what benefit there is to swapping the whole speaker harness out? My intent was to use the existing harness and just replace the terminals at each speaker and the amplifier. Admittedly, I'm a bit of an amateur when if comes to car audio.

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post

That did the trick! Thanks!
              Glad to hear it!

Originally posted by Obergoose View Post

Appreciate the technical details! Attached are pics of the amplifier I pulled from an E83 (modified w/the SMB jack) and the 10Ω woofers from a top-hifi E85. I'd like to emulate your retrofit approach so will hit the scrapyard again tomorrow to pull the remaining speakers from the E85.

Can I ask what benefit there is to swapping the whole speaker harness out? My intent was to use the existing harness and just replace the terminals at each speaker and the amplifier. Admittedly, I'm a bit of an amateur when if comes to car audio.
              I'm interested as well, lol.

-Ted

Comment

There is no benefit in using the other wiring harness, I just bought it to make sure the wiring I have is correct You can simply change the 3 pin connector on the vehicle side to 2 pin connector to match the midtone speaker and tweeter. E46 hifi system btw. does not have the right impendance (8Ohm) vs. HK/Top-Hifi (4Ohm).

Sounds great, but I was not able to use the equalizer function with the Nav MK4 and a late 2005 BM54 module. Maybe that is because I had the Intravee connected with Alpine DSP directly before.

Comment

I have a new one for sale with the adaptor if anyone wants a small discount, sold my M3 before being able to install the Bluebus

Comment

There is no benefit in using the other wiring harness, I just bought it to make sure the wiring I have is correct You can simply change the 3 pin connector on the vehicle side to 2 pin connector to match the midtone speaker and tweeter. E46 hifi system btw. does not have the right impendance (8Ohm) vs. HK/Top-Hifi (4Ohm).

Sounds great, but I was not able to use the equalizer function with the Nav MK4 and a late 2005 BM54 module. Maybe that is because I had the Intravee connected with Alpine DSP directly before.
                    Did you wire I-Bus to the amplifier? Unlike the H/K unit, the Professional Amp is configured over the I-Bus by the radio.

Originally posted by VisorM3 View Post
                    I have a new one for sale with the adaptor if anyone wants a small discount, sold my M3 before being able to install the Bluebus
                    I wouldn't take a dime less than you paid for it, personally.

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Did you wire I-Bus to the amplifier? Unlike the H/K unit, the Professional Amp is configured over the I-Bus by the radio.

-Ted
                      Yes, of course, otherwise I wouldnt see the DSP option and wouldnt be able to control the volume at all. Radio module goes into fixed output volume when a DSP is seen on Ibus.

Comment

Hi Ted,

I looked through the thread and all through YouTube installs and I can't seem to find my answer. I have an E46 with the CD Changer and the Sat Nav in the rear electronic cluster. I was able to locate the extra sleeve with the TCU and a 3-prong power cable, but the extra sleeve did not come with either the analog or digital audio cords to connect to the BlueBus. Am I supposed to disconnect another piece of equipment in order to get the 6-pin to plug in to the BlueBus? I do not have a DSP Button but I do have the HK System, and the Speaker button on the same console as my climate control buttons. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by gregisonfire View Post
                          Hi Ted,

I looked through the thread and all through YouTube installs and I can't seem to find my answer. I have an E46 with the CD Changer and the Sat Nav in the rear electronic cluster. I was able to locate the extra sleeve with the TCU and a 3-prong power cable, but the extra sleeve did not come with either the analog or digital audio cords to connect to the BlueBus. Am I supposed to disconnect another piece of equipment in order to get the 6-pin to plug in to the BlueBus? I do not have a DSP Button but I do have the HK System, and the Speaker button on the same console as my climate control buttons. Any help would be greatly appreciated
                          Easy! You have to rob the CD Changer of its connector, then bin the changer

-Ted

Comment

Hi Ted, thanks for the v1.3.0 firmware. Can you tell me where you look for the oil temperature? I want to make a module that grabs it from the CAN bus and translates it to Ibus. Just like the eLight module, but with real data from the ECU instead of the guesstimation from TOENS.

At the weekend I had a quick chat with Kevin, who is trying to build Bluebus from the open source documentation, quite nice guy

Comment

Just installed my bluebus. I see the led on the right side lit. No option for Bluetooth on my deck and bluebus not showing up in my phone’s Bluetooth . Pls help

Comment

Hi Ted, thanks for the v1.3.0 firmware. Can you tell me where you look for the oil temperature? I want to make a module that grabs it from the CAN bus and translates it to Ibus. Just like the eLight module, but with real data from the ECU instead of the guesstimation from TOENS.

At the weekend I had a quick chat with Kevin, who is trying to build Bluebus from the open source documentation, quite nice guy
                                This is a difficult proposition. I pull the oil temperature from the light module using diagnostics commands. Perhaps we could use an unused device address and op code to shoe horn support for what you want? I wouldn't mind that.

I gotta get back to Kevin about the case... lol.

Originally posted by HighSchoolDream View Post
                                Just installed my bluebus. I see the led on the right side lit. No option for Bluetooth on my deck and bluebus not showing up in my phone’s Bluetooth . Pls help
                                The BlueBus isn't discoverable by default. If you don't have Navigation, are you seeing a mode called "CD 7-01" or "CDC 7 TR01-0001"? If you are, just turn the ignition off, close the car, then come back in five minutes and it should sort itself out. The "6" button is used to make the unit discoverable.

A Bluetooth module for vehicles equipped with I-Bus - tedsalmon/BlueBus

Thanks!
                                -Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X