BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

The BlueBus isn't discoverable by default. If you don't have Navigation, are you seeing a mode called "CD 7-01" or "CDC 7 TR01-0001"? If you are, just turn the ignition off, close the car, then come back in five minutes and it should sort itself out. The "6" button is used to make the unit discoverable.

A Bluetooth module for vehicles equipped with I-Bus - tedsalmon/BlueBus

Thanks!
    -Ted
    Thanks Ted. Iirc I was seeing no disc and no jacket when scrolling through modes. There is an aux cable for iPod previously installed idk if that matters

Comment

I updated to 1.3.0 last week. I’d been using the BlueBus in the E46 until today, no changes from the previous version.

I put it in the E39 today and surprise, lower volume on reverse works in this one!

Both the E46 and E39 are manuals, both have cruise control, neither has nav. How come the same feature works in one but not the other?
      2003 Stahlblau E46 320d Touring – 6MT
      2001 Topasblau E39 530i – 5MT

Comment

Originally posted by HighSchoolDream View Post

Thanks Ted. Iirc I was seeing no disc and no jacket when scrolling through modes. There is an aux cable for iPod previously installed idk if that matters
        Can you confirm that you are seeing "NO MAGAZINE"? That means you have an iPod module and you'll need to pull the radio out and remove the module, then reinstall the factory ten-pin audio connector in the radio's quadlock. Email for more details.

Originally posted by Der_Spanier View Post
        I updated to 1.3.0 last week. I’d been using the BlueBus in the E46 until today, no changes from the previous version.

I put it in the E39 today and surprise, lower volume on reverse works in this one!

Both the E46 and E39 are manuals, both have cruise control, neither has nav. How come the same feature works in one but not the other?
        Does the E39 have PDC? This feature relies on either the IKE sending the current gear, or the PDC sending out its "activity" messages when activated.

Thanks!
        -Ted

Comment

Does the E39 have PDC? This feature relies on either the IKE sending the current gear, or the PDC sending out its "activity" messages when activated.
          No PDC on either car...

Comment

Thanks for the new firmware release !
            It seems that I still have the issue where "Music" app is not updating metadata. With the same phone, if I use Spotify instead, it is updating by itself.
            Firmware 1.3.0, HW 1, iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.0.3
            Thanks for investigating !

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Spanier View Post
              No PDC on either car...
              I was going to give you the ole "lol idk" BUT I went and looked in WDS and found this:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221017_111105.png
Views:	1426
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	188959

As you can see the, the reverse gear switch is tied directly to the reverse lights on the E46, while in the E39 that signal is sent to the Instrument Cluster.

The IKE is then able to communicate the status of reverse gear since it has this input, while the circuit on the E46 is purely analog.

Originally posted by Doudou View Post
              Thanks for the new firmware release !
              It seems that I still have the issue where "Music" app is not updating metadata. With the same phone, if I use Spotify instead, it is updating by itself.
              Firmware 1.3.0, HW 1, iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.0.3
              Thanks for investigating !
              That's a different issue. It'll be released with 1.3.1 as a fix has already been implemented: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...eadabde545aR88

Thanks!
              -Ted
              Attached Files

Comment

I was going to give you the ole "lol idk" BUT I went and looked in WDS and found this:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221017_111105.png
Views:	1426
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	188959

As you can see the, the reverse gear switch is tied directly to the reverse lights on the E46, while in the E39 that signal is sent to the Instrument Cluster.

The IKE is then able to communicate the status of reverse gear since it has this input, while the circuit on the E46 is purely analog.
                Thanks for that! Mystery solved. I now know one additional useless fun fact about our cars 😂

Comment

I feel dumb- which adapter do I need for my 03 M5. Can't find the blue one anywhere but can't find the black one either (unless thats it, connected below)
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2136.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.2 KB ID:	189190
                  Attached Files
                  2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post
                    I feel dumb- which adapter do I need for my 03 M5. Can't find the blue one anywhere but can't find the black one either (unless thats it, connected below)
                    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2136.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.2 KB ID:	189190
                    You have the ULF over the Navi, so the 54-pin adapter

-Ted

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20221017_111105.png Views:	51 Size:	43.4 KB ID:	188959

Hey,
                      I also have one BlueBus I think its the No244, but I‘m new here.
                      About the e46 and the reverse gear switch, there is the connector x428 in your screenshot which is wierd to the e46 instrument cluster, as shown in my Screenshot.
                      But when i activate the volume down in reverse function in my e46 convertible and i switch in the reverse gear, the volume is going crazy. It gains down to 50% and an half second later up to 100% and then down to 50% again (i See this on my iPhone).

thanks Kolumbus007

Comment

Originally posted by kolumbus007 View Post

Hey,
                        I also have one BlueBus I think its the No244, but I‘m new here.
                        About the e46 and the reverse gear switch, there is the connector x428 in your screenshot which is wierd to the e46 instrument cluster, as shown in my Screenshot.
                        But when i activate the volume down in reverse function in my e46 convertible and i switch in the reverse gear, the volume is going crazy. It gains down to 50% and an half second later up to 100% and then down to 50% again (i See this on my iPhone).

thanks Kolumbus007
                        Good catch, I totally missed that! Does your E46 have a manual trans?

As for your bug, I bet that "Volume Management" and this feature are fighting with each other. I'll have to look into it.

Thanks!
                        -Ted

Comment

Good catch, I totally missed that! Does your E46 have a manual trans?

As for your bug, I bet that "Volume Management" and this feature are fighting with each other. I'll have to look into it.

Thanks!
                          -Ted
                          Thanks. Yes my e46 has an Manual Trans with PDC.

It make sence about the fight with the „Volume Managment“, but i think i can Turn off the Volume Managment in the settings but the fight still goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by kolumbus007 View Post
                            Thanks. Yes my e46 has an Manual Trans with PDC.

It make sence about the fight with the „Volume Managment“, but i think i can Turn off the Volume Managment in the settings but the fight still goes on.
                            PDC is likely why this feature works. I just got my M3 back up and running, so I'll have to fiddle around with reverse gear, but last I recall, manual E46s did not update the gear status at any point.

There must be a bug in one of those two features that is causing it to fight itself .

-Ted

Comment

Hey, any idea when the September orders are going out?

Comment

Originally posted by VitalkaM3 View Post
                                Hey, any idea when the September orders are going out?
                                I'm working on it now. I'm hoping to have them all out the door by Monday.

Thanks!
                                -Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X