BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post
    I was going to give you the ole "lol idk" BUT I went and looked in WDS and found this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221017_111105.png
Views:	1426
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	188959

As you can see the, the reverse gear switch is tied directly to the reverse lights on the E46, while in the E39 that signal is sent to the Instrument Cluster.

The IKE is then able to communicate the status of reverse gear since it has this input, while the circuit on the E46 is purely analog.

That's a different issue. It'll be released with 1.3.1 as a fix has already been implemented: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...eadabde545aR88

Thanks!
    -Ted
    I wonder if people in the E46 that have the volume issue are people that were SMG converted to manual transmission cars? A lot of people that do the SMG to manual transmission cars do not do the extra step of running the additional wire from the Ike cluster to the blue black wire bundle above the fuse box which enables the mirror dip function when you put it in reverse and also enables PDC to work properly in a converted car.

Comment

Ted any 54 pin adapters available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Is anyone else having feedback loop issues? I got a new Bluebus hw1.3 installed in a UK 2003 e46. I get an alternator whine but it's bearable, but in trying to record this I noticed that even with the engine Off I can hear things through my speaker. In the video below you can hear i think the fuel pump coming through the speakers? How could that be if everything is DC before the engine is running?

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
        Last edited by Mc645; 12-13-2022, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mc645 View Post
          Is anyone else having feedback loop issues? I got a new Bluebus hw1.3 installed in a UK 2003 e46. I get an alternator whine but it's bearable, but in trying to record this I noticed that even with the engine Off I can hear things through my speaker. In the video below you can hear i think the fuel pump coming through the speakers? How could that be if everything is DC before the engine is running?

https://youtube.com/shorts/fYRK4kKbo5U
          I’m getting it in my 2002 325i sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Mc645 View Post

https://youtube.com/shorts/fYRK4kKbo5U
            Alternator whine can be fixed with a ground loop isolator.

I have no idea what's causing the interference in your video. It could be the fuel pump, but I can tell you the same does not happen in my own E46s. What's your battery voltage with the engine off? Perhaps it's near the end of life and the fuel pump is demanding more amperage than the battery wants to comfortably provide.

Originally posted by Grke46m3 View Post

I’m getting it in my 2002 325i sedan

What does your noise sound like? Does it follow RPM?

It's probably best for you both to email me at support@bluebus.dev

Thanks!
            -Ted

Comment

Hello party people, while waiting for my second Bluebus to go into production I thought if its possible to rename the Bluebus' BT name.

Also since here are a lot of skilled engineers, do you know a way to integrate DAB+ into the factory navigation/audio system?

Comment

Originally posted by sda2 View Post
                Hello party people, while waiting for my second Bluebus to go into production I thought if its possible to rename the Bluebus' BT name.

Also since here are a lot of skilled engineers, do you know a way to integrate DAB+ into the factory navigation/audio system?
                I believe the name can be changed by accessing the terminal: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...g-the-Terminal

As far as DAB+ is concerned, no idea if that's possible. However, I don't really see the point knowing the Bluebus allows you to stream whichever radio station you like from anywhere. Of course it uses mobile data, but nowadays most data allowance plans make this possible without any issues.
                2003 Stahlblau E46 320d Touring – 6MT
                2001 Topasblau E39 530i – 5MT

Comment

Originally posted by sda2 View Post

The 1.x units (which are identified by the green LED) can have their names changed via the terminal. 2.x units require you to recode the Bluetooth module, which I haven't documented yet.

I got nothing on DAB. We don't use that here in the U.S. so I've never looked into it.

Thanks!
                  -Ted

Comment

So I'm prepping firmware 1.3.2 for release and I wanted to add a juicy feature to get folks to upgrade (so they can take advantage of all the bugfixes). I'm thinking that this is going to be "Welcome Home" and "Follow Me Home" lights, which people are always asking for.

I wanted to get some input from the community about what lamps each feature should trigger (and no, I'm not making this configurable -- that's a LOT more work).

Follow Me Home:
                    Fog Lamps
                    High beams

Welcome Home:
                    Front Corner Lights (Angel Eyes on the applicable E39s)
                    Rear Tail Lights
                    And possibly: High Beams

What are everyone's thoughts?

-Ted

Comment

High beams in both cases or even xenon's but only if they aren't a bigger power draw
                      Last edited by 0-60motorsports; 02-11-2023, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Xenons don't like being switched on and off too often, or at least that's what the owner manuals for both my E46 and E39 say. For this reason I'd keep the low beams off.

I wouldn't activate the high beams either: depending on where the car is parked, it could dazzle other road users.

Therefore I think the best compromise for the front would be the fog lights. Possibly corner lights too (could look good on facelift E39s and E53s, not too sure about the other cars not having angel eyes). At the back I'd switch the rear tail lights on.

Same pattern for "Welcome Home" and "Follow Me Home", I think. Or is there a reason the patterns should be different?
                        2003 Stahlblau E46 320d Touring – 6MT
                        2001 Topasblau E39 530i – 5MT

Comment

I think corner lights would be best bet as a lot of people have angle eyes wired into their corner lights aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Spanier View Post
                            Xenons don't like being switched on and off too often, or at least that's what the owner manuals for both my E46 and E39 say. For this reason I'd keep the low beams off.

I wouldn't activate the high beams either: depending on where the car is parked, it could dazzle other road users.

Therefore I think the best compromise for the front would be the fog lights. Possibly corner lights too (could look good on facelift E39s and E53s, not too sure about the other cars not having angel eyes). At the back I'd switch the rear tail lights on.

Same pattern for "Welcome Home" and "Follow Me Home", I think. Or is there a reason the patterns should be different?
                            I definitely wouldn't activate the low beams in any case, haha.

For "Follow Me Home", lots of folks want the high beams on so they can illuminate their walkway. For Welcome Home, perhaps high beams don't make as much sense because you may not be aware of what's in the path of your light beam.

Originally posted by Rekpoint View Post
                            I think corner lights would be best bet as a lot of people have angle eyes wired into their corner lights aswell.
                            Yeah, that's true. My first M3 had them wired to the interior lamps, so they turned on when you unlocked the car, which was neat.

-Ted

Comment

I definitely wouldn't activate the low beams in any case, haha.

For "Follow Me Home", lots of folks want the high beams on so they can illuminate their walkway. For Welcome Home, perhaps high beams don't make as much sense because you may not be aware of what's in the path of your light beam.
                              ​Hey Ted, i think with the flog Lights you can also illuminate their way. I also doesn‘t like the high beams idea, i’m also agree the dazzle argument from der_spanier. If the cornering lights were also on isnt relevant for me.

Yeah, that's true. My first M3 had them wired to the interior lamps, so they turned on when you unlocked the car, which was neat.

-Ted
                              Thats a really cool wirering idea!

Comment

t3ddftw Any more information on the Ground loop isolator? For me the alternator whine is most annoying when the radio is off completely. Are the 6pin to 3.5mm adapters just wire adapters or is there more logic to it?

Comment

Working...
                                X