• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Does Siri work in FM mode?

Could I get a log from you?

https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...athering-a-Log

Send the log file to my support box, please!

-Ted
    What should the log contain? An incoming call? In Bluetooth or in FM mode?

I'll check Siri in FM mode too and report back.

Thanks!
    2003 Stahlblau E46 320d Touring – 6MT
    2001 Topasblau E39 530i – 5MT

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Spanier View Post

What should the log contain? An incoming call? In Bluetooth or in FM mode?

I'll check Siri in FM mode too and report back.

Thanks!
      Make a call from FM mode, please

-Ted

Comment

Make a call from FM mode, please

-Ted
        Just sent you the log by email. I placed a call and then received one, both in FM mode. Radio did not stop playing on either call.

Siri does kind of work in FM mode: pressing the button on the MFL calls it up, I can ask a question but then I can't hear its answer: the iPhone is sending the audio to the BB but it is not broadcasted through the car speakers.

Thanks!

Comment

The hatch release button on the driver's footwell was not standard, at least not in Europe. Perhaps it was an option or it was reserved to top of the range variants, idk, mine certainly does not have it. Would be interesting to know if tabora 's 325 comes with it.
          I think you are right, at least the euro E46 coupe doesn't have this button. I decided to add it on my euro M3 since I got the original CSL bootlid.

Comment

Originally posted by Doudou View Post

I think you are right, at least the euro E46 coupe doesn't have this button. I decided to add it on my euro M3 since I got the original CSL bootlid.
            The CSL bootlid is the only use case I see for the button. Otherwise I don't really see the point. On my previous E39 I pressed it once to check that it worked, then completely forgot of its existence...

Comment

I will have to look through the EDIBAS commands to see what might unlock those.
              Does the touring not have a hatch release next to the hood release? I was watching M539 on YouTube and it seemed like the button did not exist on his E46 Touring 😮
              -Ted
              On my 325xi Touring, pressing the unlock button on the key twice unlocks all five doors and the rear window. The same thing happens when you press the door unlock button on the center console. Pressing the fob tailgate button actually opens it, just like using the outside handle release. I don't believe there's any other way of unlocking/opening the rear door from the inside without opening the rear door access panel from the inside and manually releasing it. I discovered this the fun way when I removed my battery for replacement in the store parking lot and then closed the rear door. With 4 tires in the back.
              Last edited by tabora; 11-22-2020, 09:40 PM.

2004 325xi Touring

Comment

Just sent you the log by email. I placed a call and then received one, both in FM mode. Radio did not stop playing on either call.

Siri does kind of work in FM mode: pressing the button on the MFL calls it up, I can ask a question but then I can't hear its answer: the iPhone is sending the audio to the BB but it is not broadcasted through the car speakers.

Thanks!
                This is a bug in the firmware (impact is non-Nav E46s and E8xs) which will be addressed in 1.1.17. Thanks for the log!

The CSL bootlid is the only use case I see for the button. Otherwise I don't really see the point. On my previous E39 I pressed it once to check that it worked, then completely forgot of its existence...
                Funny, I hardly ever use the trunk unlock because I'm scared of breaking the trunk handle. I use the fob or the button in the foot well, then stick my fingers in the small gap between the trunk and body to open it.

Originally posted by tabora View Post
                On my 325xi Touring, pressing the unlock button on the key twice unlocks all five doors and the rear window. The same thing happens when you press the door unlock button on the center console. Pressing the fob tailgate button actually opens it, just like using the outside handle release. I don't believe there's any other way of unlocking/opening the rear door from the inside without opening the rear door access panel from the inside and manually releasing it. I discovered this the fun way when I removed my battery for replacement in the store parking lot and then closed the rear door. With 4 tires in the back.
                Thanks for the explanation!

-Ted

Comment

I’m having a problem with Waze. When listening to music through Bluetooth and also using the Waze GPS, when Waze is ready to give me directions, the music dies down as it should, but the Waze directions come from the phone, instead of through the Bluebus. The sound setting in the Waze app is directed to use Bluebus. Any clue as to what’s wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Dbaliko View Post
                    I’m having a problem with Waze. When listening to music through Bluetooth and also using the Waze GPS, when Waze is ready to give me directions, the music dies down as it should, but the Waze directions come from the phone, instead of through the Bluebus. The sound setting in the Waze app is directed to use Bluebus. Any clue as to what’s wrong?
                    Did you check your Waze voice and sound settings? There is an option to where you want sound output to.

Comment

This is a bug in the firmware (impact is non-Nav E46s and E8xs) which will be addressed in 1.1.17. Thanks for the log!
                      Least we can do is provide logs when something is not quite right! If that's the price one has to pay to get 2020 features in a 2000 car, I'd say it's a bargain. Looking forward to the 1.1.17 release.

Funny, I hardly ever use the trunk unlock because I'm scared of breaking the trunk handle. I use the fob or the button in the foot well, then stick my fingers in the small gap between the trunk and body to open it.
                      Breaking the handle? My Touring has almost 160k miles on the clock, the handle has been used non stop since my parents bought the car new, and the handle feels just as tight as when it left the factory. I've never seen a BMW with a broken boot lid handle. It's funny how we all drive pretty similar cars in terms of features and yet use them so differently!

Btw, yesterday I was running some errands and used the BlueBus to entertain myself while driving around town. Two things:
                      1. After one of my stops, my CD53 stopped displaying the time when the radio was off and the engine was running (display was completely off). Additionally, when in BlueBus mode, it would now only display CD7-01, no metadata, even though the music worked fine and I could skip tracks using the MFL and radio buttons. I couldn't get it to work normally again yesterday. I'll have to see if it still does that next time I drive the Touring.
                      2. Before this happened and while my metadata was displaying correctly, something occurred to me. Now we have the choice to display "Bluetooth"/Metadata in chunks/Metadata in party mode on the LCD. When displaying "Bluetooth", would it be possible to briefly display the song title and artist when a new track begins and then go back to showing "Bluetooth"? Sometimes I just don't want to have the metadata scrolling constantly and yet I would appreciate knowing which song is playing when I'm skipping tracks.
                      Hopefully what I'm saying makes sense... some things are easy to show in person and yet difficult to put into words!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by zivagolee View Post

Did you check your Waze voice and sound settings? There is an option to where you want sound output to.
                        As I said in my original post, yes.

Comment

Least we can do is provide logs when something is not quite right! If that's the price one has to pay to get 2020 features in a 2000 car, I'd say it's a bargain. Looking forward to the 1.1.17 release.

Breaking the handle? My Touring has almost 160k miles on the clock, the handle has been used non stop since my parents bought the car new, and the handle feels just as tight as when it left the factory. I've never seen a BMW with a broken boot lid handle. It's funny how we all drive pretty similar cars in terms of features and yet use them so differently!

Btw, yesterday I was running some errands and used the BlueBus to entertain myself while driving around town. Two things:
                          1. After one of my stops, my CD53 stopped displaying the time when the radio was off and the engine was running (display was completely off). Additionally, when in BlueBus mode, it would now only display CD7-01, no metadata, even though the music worked fine and I could skip tracks using the MFL and radio buttons. I couldn't get it to work normally again yesterday. I'll have to see if it still does that next time I drive the Touring.
                          2. Before this happened and while my metadata was displaying correctly, something occurred to me. Now we have the choice to display "Bluetooth"/Metadata in chunks/Metadata in party mode on the LCD. When displaying "Bluetooth", would it be possible to briefly display the song title and artist when a new track begins and then go back to showing "Bluetooth"? Sometimes I just don't want to have the metadata scrolling constantly and yet I would appreciate knowing which song is playing when I'm skipping tracks.
                          Hopefully what I'm saying makes sense... some things are easy to show in person and yet difficult to put into words!

Thanks!
                          Hallo, mal eine kurze Frage zwischendurch. Wie kommst Du in Deutschland an ein CD53? Grüße Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post

Hallo, mal eine kurze Frage zwischendurch. Wie kommst Du in Deutschland an ein CD53? Grüße Andy
                            Moin Andy, ganz einfach. Habe ein gebrauchtes Alpine CD53 (Business CD) bei eBay USA gekauft als Ersatz für mein Siemens/VDO CD53 😉 Grüße Eduard

English translation (not sure if foreign languages are allowed in this forum):
                            Hey Andy, it's very simple. I bought a used Alpine CD (Business CD) on eBay and had it shipped from the US to replace my original Siemens/VDO CD53.

Comment

Originally posted by Orphee View Post
                              Hello, may i request a reboot option ? Sometime my phone can't connect to it
                              Not really, unfortunately. I did some testing and I can't successfully power the unit off while the I-Bus is active because any subsequent bus traffic causes the voltage regulator to power back on.

I am working on several fixes for this issue, the first of which is setting the LED in the cabin to "blink red" if the BC127 module is not on to let you know that there is a big problem.

Originally posted by Dbaliko View Post
                              To be honest, I can't really say. The BlueBus is only going to pipe out what's given to it, and it can't pick and choose. Can you make sure calls are routed through the vehicle audio system correctly? If Hands-free is not enabled, that would probably cause the issue.

Beyond that, it could be a bug in the Waze app.

Thanks!
                              I saw a couple posts in the past of people breaking off the handle, so I became paranoid at that time. Lol

* Let me know if the metadata happens again. Also, try toggling it with the "2" button.

* This is actually a pretty good idea for the CD53 UI. The MID (non-E46) could have an additional option where it just displays as much of the metadata as it can without scrolling.

Moin Andy, ganz einfach. Habe ein gebrauchtes Alpine CD53 (Business CD) bei eBay USA gekauft als Ersatz für mein Siemens/VDO CD53 😉 Grüße Eduard

English translation (not sure if foreign languages are allowed in this forum):
                              Hey Andy, it's very simple. I bought a used Alpine CD (Business CD) on eBay and had it shipped from the US to replace my original Siemens/VDO CD53.
                              To add to this, you should be able to code the region in the CD53 via the service menu.

Thanks!
                              ​​​​​​​-Ted

Comment

I saw a couple posts in the past of people breaking off the handle, so I became paranoid at that time. Lol

* Let me know if the metadata happens again. Also, try toggling it with the "2" button.

* This is actually a pretty good idea for the CD53 UI. The MID (non-E46) could have an additional option where it just displays as much of the metadata as it can without scrolling.

To add to this, you should be able to code the region in the CD53 via the service menu.
                                Jeez, some people are way too strong for their car's good... Honestly I can't imagine how much force it would take to break off the handle. Perhaps they had rust on their boot lid which affected the structural rigidity of the piece?

* Didn't use the car today so I couldn't check. However, when I experienced the issue yesterday, pressing "2" did not change anything. I'll let you know if it happens again.

* Honestly, it'd be great. Having text constantly scroll on the screen gets annoying sometimes (first world problems, I know) and yet, it's nice to know which song is playing when you skip a track. Pressing button "2" to display metadata for a while is obviously too much work...

Yep, I forgot to say that. Just change the region to "EUROPE" via the service menu and you have a fully functioning CD53 in Europe

Comment

Working...
                                X