YFCM Carbon Driveshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanAvoN7 View Post

Your Guibo isn't installed in the correct orientation. The arrows on the guibo sides should be facing the flanges of the transmission output / driveshaft flange.
    Thank you. I'm aware, the guys switched it over afterwards and I wasn't there to snap pictures.
    Last edited by Epoustouflant; 10-09-2022, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Wish they had these for those of us running the ZF five speed manual. It would be great in the race car.

Feff
      MVP Track Time

Comment

Originally posted by Feffman View Post
        Wish they had these for those of us running the ZF five speed manual. It would be great in the race car.

Feff
        If can you get me the length required, and the transmission flange that is used - it’s possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

If can you get me the length required, and the transmission flange that is used - it’s possible.
          IIRC, 0.7" longer and same transmission flange.

Comment

I measured 52 13/16" (52.8125") from the front where the flange meets the guibo to the rear where the CV joint meets the front of the differential mount. These measuring points are circled in red in the attached photos.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Feffman; 10-10-2022, 03:09 AM.
            MVP Track Time

Comment

Thanks guys. If we're running purely 5spd MT without restrictions of the SMG actuator, we could reduce the flange length - lowering weight and cost.

Comment

So...its .7" longer if using an M3 guibo. 1" if using a non-M guibo.

.7" longer sounds trivial (that's what she said) but I'm sure it adds quite a bit of cost. I wonder if there is a thicker guibo that would bolt on and reduce the lengthening needed.

Comment

Interesting data point!

The weight comparo between the SMG and 6spd flange: +/- 260 grams.

The winter GB will be launched shortly, along with the E6x M5/6 and E9x M3 applications.

Waiting list is here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-12-28 at 9.54.21 AM (1).jpg Views:	3 Size:	43.1 KB ID:	201434
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-12-28 at 9.54.47 AM (1).jpg Views:	3 Size:	36.4 KB ID:	201435

Comment

Are you offering the driveshaft with the shorter front flange MT specific?
                    If so I might be interested

Comment

Can you post some pictures of the cf weave layup?

Comment

Originally posted by Acetech View Post
                        Are you offering the driveshaft with the shorter front flange MT specific?
                        If so I might be interested
                        Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by smee123 View Post
                          Can you post some pictures of the cf weave layup?
                          The carbon tube is winded . The pre-preg filaments are sourced from Toray Industries in Japan.

Comment

Yup, filament wound it is called, specific to high torque applications.

Comment

I finished writing up the installation procedure right here.

I will be launching the Winter GB shortly: 25% off is incoming.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC6663.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	206186

Comment

Originally posted by BigDave View Post

Sounds good. But save your stock FCAB assembly if they are still good. Of all the mods I did (a lot) , I reversed my FCABS back to OEM rubber, and am much happier for it.
                                Looking back on this now - and you were right! I went back to OEM.

Comment

Working...
                                X