The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
    You can get the interior rewrapped with brand new leather and M texture for 5 grand if you really want it that bad.

people are starting to drop crazy money on cars that were in the high 20s to low 30s couple years ago. Must be the same people that were stocking up on toilet paper.
    $5k would buy you a nice MTexture for sure. BUT, a factory original MTexture will always be worth more in the collector market then a swapped car. Same as a original 6spd vs a swapped SMG. For drivers quality cars, makes no difference really
    2006 M3 ZCP 6spd
    2008 M3 6spd
    2012 LP 570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale
    2014 Ferrari 458

Follow me on instagram @ biggreasytaco

Comment

Yeah, spending ~$5k to drop in a nice minty fresh new interior of choice used to seem like a waste of money on these cars 5 years ago, but now, at these prices, the value proposition's totally different!

Comment

Originally posted by big greasy taco View Post

$5k would buy you a nice MTexture for sure. BUT, a factory original MTexture will always be worth more in the collector market then a swapped car. Same as a original 6spd vs a swapped SMG. For drivers quality cars, makes no difference really
        Collector value ? Lol no such thing on a car with 80k miles on the clock.
        2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Looks like all wheels are original , so I don't understand the point. I am still thinking buyer paid a lot for it, he even said that he overpaid.... In my opinion this is 40-45k car . I hope he won't be disappointed and he will enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by kermmmit7 View Post
            Looks like all wheels are original , so I don't understand the point. I am still thinking buyer paid a lot for it, he even said that he overpaid.... In my opinion this is 40-45k car . I hope he won't be disappointed and he will enjoy it.
            Right… for a while it looked like I overpaid for mine… 10 years later not so much… unless he’s looking to flip it soon, these few grand will all come out in the wash, IMO.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

Oh, you’re the guy who got in a pissing match with him on Facebook for some reason. Let the dude be. Why do you care what he does with his money smh.
              Maybe showoffs shouldn't post up on public forums looking for attention + validation and then try to personally attack people with a dissenting opinion.
              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Wow, the 2002 SC'd LSB car went for 45k even with SMG and no RACP reinforcement.
                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                  Wow, the 2002 SC'd LSB car went for 45k even with SMG and no RACP reinforcement.
                  Dude invested a lot of money into this car. I think 45k is not overpriced if we compare how much he spent into it.....

Comment

Dude invested a lot of money into this car. I think 45k is not overpriced if we compare how much he spent into it.....
                    Agreed, but if my memory serves me correct, which it may not, these supercharged M3's haven't been realizing the cost of the aftermarket items put on, generally the case with aftermarket stuff. Unless the buyer wants those particular mods the seller generally doesn't see 1/2 of what they have in the way of aftermarket items.

I swear I have seen multiple nice SC'd cars go for less than 30k in similar condition, not LSB in color however.
                    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

Oh, you’re the guy who got in a pissing match with him on Facebook for some reason. Let the dude be. Why do you care what he does with his money smh.
                      +1. The negative Facebook posts and subsequent arguing was pathetic, especially in an owner's group.

Comment

Agreed, but if my memory serves me correct, which it may not, these supercharged M3's haven't been realizing the cost of the aftermarket items put on, generally the case with aftermarket stuff. Unless the buyer wants those particular mods the seller generally doesn't see 1/2 of what they have in the way of aftermarket items.

I swear I have seen multiple nice SC'd cars go for less than 30k in similar condition, not LSB in color however.
                        That's right, Laguna seca color always increase price about 10k. This was specific car for specific buyer. I am pretty sure this car will bring a lot of smile on buyer's face.

Comment

That's right, Laguna seca color always increase price about 10k. This was specific car for specific buyer. I am pretty sure this car will bring a lot of smile on buyer's face.
                          +1
                          -Singh
                          2004 e46 ///3 | Laguna Seca Blue | Black Leather | 6MT | Coupe
                          BBS RC | Supersprint | Ground Control |
                          Besian

Comment

Funny, I expected more and the accident held it back…

maw

Comment

You can get the interior rewrapped with brand new leather and M texture for 5 grand if you really want it that bad.

people are starting to drop crazy money on cars that were in the high 20s to low 30s couple years ago. Must be the same people that were stocking up on toilet paper.
                              Dude my sister passed away from coved a week ago and I’ve been bummed big time but your quote made me laugh thanks!!

Comment

Thats a little bit like saying you can spray a 2005 M3 PY and there is no difference. There is a certain amount of value and quality lost when doing that. The vin no longer matches, not a 1:1 OEM match. In the case of Mtex, the reproduction fabric is really good, and a great option for doing some bucket seats or repairs or something. But it's not OEM. Alcantara changed the production process a few years ago so its not a perfect match for the original. I have yet to see an upholsterer get a retrim to look exactly as OEM did. Given how few (especially in the states) came specced m tex, there is value in having a car that is meant to have it from factory over just a swap or a retrim. Whether or not those things is worth the 5k premium over just retrimming is up to the buyer and up for debate. But it is not the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X