The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
    Those RG-Rs are perfect. I love my new set on my E39 and would buy another set for my E46 if only they fit over my brakes
    They really are an awesome wheel. Wish I had them on my E39.
    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

So today on BAT a convertible SMG with 65k miles sold for only 17K.

Meanwhile a convertible ZHP with auto transmission and 75k miles sold for 23.5K!

The zhp was white and the m3 black but still.. wtf?

But if that’s not crazy enough, an S54 swapped touring with 175k miles sold for 40K!!!
      Last edited by PetrolM3; 08-30-2022, 05:40 PM.

Comment

SMG Vert gonna SMG vert.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
          SMG Vert gonna SMG vert.
          agreed except when it’s a clean carfax black on black car with only 60k miles. The price of the zhp automatic is an even bigger insult lol

Comment

Don't try to rationalize irrational decisions.
            2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by PetrolM3 View Post

agreed except when it’s a clean carfax black on black car with only 60k miles. The price of the zhp automatic is an even bigger insult lol
              So, this seems most likely to be a weirdness, because people don't actually act rationally...

... but IMO the e46 vert works better as a non M. Higher G loads and stiffer suspensions work worse with a floppier chassis than lower G loads and softer suspensions.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I think sale prices are going to level out for medium to higher mileage plain e46 m3s (coupe and convertible). There was a tremendous amount of people who massively overpaid for our not rare and very common cars (good). I paid 8k for my 94k mile vert in 2017 or 2018. IMO that is what my car was worth given the color scheme and other attributes. If it had been LSB and manual I would have offered 9k lol.

Let us not forget this, $29,000 for a 176,000 mile lsb with grey interior car with multiple accident/damage reports.

Bid for the chance to own a 2001 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #69,251.
                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

... but IMO the e46 vert works better as a non M. Higher G loads and stiffer suspensions work worse with a floppier chassis than lower G loads and softer suspensions.
                  Agreed but they simply don't look anywhere near as good and most that have convertibles, including myself, aren't chasing optimal performance whether M or non M.
                  3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I think I might put mine off until spring and see how the market is going. The decision is not totally based off the market now, but more of getting the car to auction at a time that isn't fall/winter. I still have small items to take care of like the airbag recall, professional pictures, and a coolant flush. At this point in time, I still think I am keeping my car modified. I can't control if it brings more money one way or another, but I know if someone wants e46M perfection, my car may be it for them - it was for me for a dozen years or however long I have had it.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post
                      I think I might put mine off until spring and see how the market is going. The decision is not totally based off the market now, but more of getting the car to auction at a time that isn't fall/winter. I still have small items to take care of like the airbag recall, professional pictures, and a coolant flush. At this point in time, I still think I am keeping my car modified. I can't control if it brings more money one way or another, but I know if someone wants e46M perfection, my car may be it for them - it was for me for a dozen years or however long I have had it.

Mr. Wolfe
                      It takes months to get on BAT so if you are really really serious and I think you are, then I would reach out and see where their reserve falls. That is going to determine what you do with respect to BAT.

With regards to selling there is no question summer is a better time to sell but who knows what the future may bring. Regardless you have an excellent combo combination with the right options and low enough mileage meaning you could probably pick your price and sell without BAT. Heck EAG would probably give you what you want, they have certainly been paying big money as of late.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

It takes months to get on BAT so if you are really really serious and I think you are, then I would reach out and see where their reserve falls. That is going to determine what you do with respect to BAT.

With regards to selling there is no question summer is a better time to sell but who knows what the future may bring. Regardless you have an excellent combo combination with the right options and low enough mileage meaning you could probably pick your price and sell without BAT. Heck EAG would probably give you what you want, they have certainly been paying big money as of late.
                        Regarding selling without BaT, I wouldn't know what to ask and don't really feel like getting beat up on an asking price. I have had some interest through different forums that know my car will be listed on BaT. Whenever I reference the IB car with 39k miles that sold in July for $86k, I tell them that if that number doesn't scare them, then I will consider a private sell. 2 out of 2 have been scared by that number. Neither of them knew the e46M market though, so that is to be expected.

I have had conversations with EAG. The car is too modified to sell under their business model. They did, however, sound interested in finding that "special" buyer who would want a modified M3. I gave them a number and I am sure they would commission a percentage.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

I have had conversations with EAG. The car is too modified to sell under their business model.

Mr. Wolfe
                          Did they specifically use the words "too modified"? If so that's BS because they sell modified cars all the time. Yours just doesn't have Dinan or ugly ACS mods they can upcharge through the roof. You know they love installing Dinan strut bars and charge another $10,000...

here is one example of an ugly modified ACS car they recently sold. was that one not too modified??? LOL

https://enthusiastauto.com/bmw/m5ser...edan-2658.html
                          2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                          2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

Did they specifically use the words "too modified"? If so that's BS because they sell modified cars all the time. Yours just doesn't have Dinan or ugly ACS mods they can upcharge through the roof. You know they love installing Dinan strut bars and charge another $10,000...

here is one example of an ugly modified ACS car they recently sold. was that one not too modified??? LOL

https://enthusiastauto.com/bmw/m5ser...edan-2658.html
                            But mine has over $20k in mods, including cams. It just looks like a stock CSL. Their words, "However, these modifications are too extensive for our business model." I would have replaced the word "extensive" with "bada$$".

IMG_1453 by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

Mr. Wolfe
                            Last edited by Mr. Wolfe; 08-31-2022, 09:35 AM.

Comment

But mine has over $20k in mods, including cams. It just looks like a stock CSL. Their words, "However, these modifications are too extensive for our business model." I would have replaced the word "extensive" with "bada$$".

IMG_1453 by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

Mr. Wolfe
                              lol they are bull shitting you....tell them to eff off... what they really mean is that your BBK is not a off the shelf kit... neither are your widened ZCP wheels... your trunk and front bumper dont have original paint anymore which bothers us, even though we paint bumpers and doors all the time.... bottom line, they just want mods with brand names to drive the price through the roof. those aren't your mods. Give them a Dinan badged car with dinan strut bars and a muffler with stupid dinan wheels and all they will see is moneyyyyyyy. they will pick it up the next day
                              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

lol they are bull shitting you....tell them to eff off... what they really mean is that your BBK is not a off the shelf kit... neither are your widened ZCP wheels... your trunk and front bumper dont have original paint anymore which bothers us, even though we paint bumpers and doors all the time.... bottom line, they just want mods with brand names to drive the price through the roof. those aren't your mods. Give them a Dinan badged car with dinan strut bars and a muffler with stupid dinan wheels and all they will see is moneyyyyyyy. they will pick it up the next day
                                My car will not see Dinan stuff.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Working...
                                X