The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

TiAG looks good on this car, despite the fact it's ubiquitous. It's ubiquitous for a reason. The seats don't look OEM to me. They seem clearly redone, which IMO doesn't matter given that the OEM ones weren't great.

maw
    Yeah while it's not my preferred color, it's a handsome combo. I don't think there's a bad color this car came in. Great condition for the miles.

Comment

Those imola seats are hilariously bad
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        It'll be interesting to see if anyone not on this Board notices and points them out. Car is like a 6month flip from 6/22.

maw
        Last edited by maw1124; 01-03-2023, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Lol it’s crazy how a car located in Canada won’t sell for same price as if it was located in USA…

Bid for the chance to own a Supercharged 2006 BMW M3 Dinan S Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #95,079.
          2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
          2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
          2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
          2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
            Lol it’s crazy how a car located in Canada won’t sell for same price as if it was located in USA…

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-m3-coupe-106/
            Was watching that one. Stayed really low until last night when someone dropped the winning bid. What would this have sold for in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_Enfield View Post

Was watching that one. Stayed really low until last night when someone dropped the winning bid. What would this have sold for in the US?
              LOL at winning bid, it didn’t met reserve. Reserve must been around $40-45000

I think it was for sale at 60000$cad on AutoTrader by that shop in BC a year ago
              2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
              2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                What's hilariously bad about those Imola seats? They were for sure redone, but are you talking about the shine on them specifically? Only reason I'm asking is because I'm starting on an interior project and I want to know what a trained eye is seeing on our interiors.

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post

What's hilariously bad about those Imola seats? They were for sure redone, but are you talking about the shine on them specifically? Only reason I'm asking is because I'm starting on an interior project and I want to know what a trained eye is seeing on our interiors.
                  From what I could tell from the pics, the seats don't match the rest of the interior. They may have altered the pics to try to hide it but if you look closely you can see a discrepancy.

Edit: I went back and looked. All the photos are altered and color tuned as I suspected but I think this photo shows it best.

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-WxF8SsLZrcR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.5 KB ID:	199221
                  Look at the seat in this picture.. it is a completely different shade of red than the door card. I think if you were to receive this car it would be apparent in person. Imola should be a darker shade of red. I have a couple Imola interiors handy I can take pics of to show how it looks.
                  Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 01-05-2023, 10:38 AM.
                  Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

LOL at winning bid, it didn’t met reserve. Reserve must been around $40-45000

I think it was for sale at 60000$cad on AutoTrader by that shop in BC a year ago
                    I didn't even see it didn't meet reserve lol. I'm not exactly familiar with BAT as you can see.

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

From what I could tell from the pics, the seats don't match the rest of the interior. They may have altered the pics to try to hide it but if you look closely you can see a discrepancy.

Edit: I went back and looked. All the photos are altered and color tuned as I suspected but I think this photo shows it best.

Look at the seat in this picture.. it is a completely different shade of red than the door card. I think if you were to receive this car it would be apparent in person. Imola should be a darker shade of red. I have a couple Imola interiors handy I can take pics of to show how it looks.
                      Ahhhhhh ok gotcha. Do you think OP tried to re-dye them or just slapped on new covers?

Comment

Look at the bunching around the seams in all of the pictures.

Coupled with the fact that even with photo editing, the color looks off so I'd imagine it looks even worse in person.

Comment

Ahhhhhh ok gotcha. Do you think OP tried to re-dye them or just slapped on new covers?
                          Redid everything.

Want to see how bad the redone seats are? Here's the original seats 7 months ago when the buyer bought it with the original seats that did NOT need to be redone in my opinion.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230105-123815_Firefox.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.5 KB ID:	199229
                          Big fail

Edit: I posted on the Cars and Bids ad. Too many color blind, inattentive people commenting there. Had to liven it up a little lol
                          Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 01-05-2023, 11:46 AM.

Comment

They suspended my account and deleted my comment. I guess Doug doesn't want someone shining too much light on a car he showcased that has a mismatched interior, a fact the seller is trying to cover up IMO.

I definitely see Cars&Bids as a lesser form of auction site than BAT now; I highly doubt BAT would delete a dissenting, informed comment on a discrepancy with a car whereas C&B had my commented deleted and account suspended from posting within 30 minutes.
                            Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 01-05-2023, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Damn I can't believe they suspended your account. That's hilarious
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Haha what the heck? So the comments are only to be used for hype and not asking questions or pointing out flaws?

Comment

Working...
                                X