• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not an E46M but… https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1...%20blast%20car

maw

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post

eek. Those seats wreak of fake leather and don’t fit that well.

I don’t think I’d pay mid teens for this with someone else’s money…
      I don’t see the ///M on the driver and passenger seat headrest. Those could’ve been out of a 3 series cabrio and were brown originally. Also the door panel trim pieces don’t match the dashboard trims.

Comment

Originally posted by c watson View Post
        I don’t see the ///M on the driver and passenger seat headrest. Those could’ve been out of a 3 series cabrio and were brown originally. Also the door panel trim pieces don’t match the dashboard trims.
        Agreed. May as well just go custom at that point, quit being a cheap flipper about it.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by c watson View Post

Good catch!

Comment

That looks like natural brown and judging by the condition of the rear seats I bet the fronts were trashed and were recovered with either cheap skins or an inferior leather/vinyl.

With that said even though its not Napa, in good condition I'd rather have NB over gray any day.
            '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
            Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
            Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

gross lmao
              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post
                That listing was under the E46 touring and not the m3. A lot of people probably missed it.
                Lots of work on this nice conversion. Agree should have listed under E46 M3. I would be very happy to drive this wagon all day long.

Comment

I feel like we've seen this one before... https://www.classicautomall.com/vehi...m3-convertible

maw

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 2001 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #98,657.

Cracks in the body filler on the left-rear quarter panel were repaired in 2019, at which time the decklid, rear bumper cover, and rear quarter panels were refinished. The seller notes that cracked body filler is visible on the left-rear quarter panel, and additional blemishes reported by the seller include a cracked windshield, stone chips on the front fascia, and areas of worn finish on the hood and roof.

I wonder how they repaired those cracks in body filler…
                    2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                    2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

This will be a lot... last year, best interior, lowish miles... I mean, why would you sell this car?

Bid for the chance to own a 2003 BMW M5 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #98,878.

maw
                      Last edited by maw1124; 02-12-2023, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                        This will be a lot... last year, best interior, lowish miles... I mean, why would you sell this car?

Bid for the chance to own a 2003 BMW M5 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #98,878.

maw
                        That is a beautiful combo. And it is a 1 owner car. EAG will be all over this one

2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

maw
                          Amazing however once you pass the $60k price range it just makes no sense to me unless you’re a collector and the car has super low mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post

Amazing however once you pass the $60k price range it just makes no sense to me unless you’re a collector and the car has super low mileage.
                            Or you have enough money to beat the crap out of it without feeling guilty!
                            2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                            2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                            2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

I mean, if you don't care about the money, it's just a car to have and drive. Everything in the interior seems exactly as it should be. You have to get a much bigger car these days to get this level of luxury, and a much more expensive car to get this level of performance. A friend owns the Caramel Heritage '03 in CB, and next to my S55k, these are the only sedans that come close for less than $100k (Bentley anyone?). I can see someone deciding this is just it for them, throwing restoration money at it and down the road they go. I don't view many cars that way.

maw
                              Last edited by maw1124; 02-12-2023, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I mean, if you don't care about the money, it's just a car to have a drive. Everything in the interior seems exactly as it should be. You have to get a much bigger car these days to get this level of luxury, and a much more expensive car to get this level of performance. A friend owns the Caramel Heritage '03 in CB, and next to my S55k, these are the only sedans that come close for less than $100k (Bentley anyone?). I can see someone deciding this is just it for them, throwing restoration money at it and down the road they go. I don't view many cars that way.

maw
                                Everything about the E39 is so perfect that it still upstages cars that are almost 25 years newer. If I had "f you" money I'd definitely grab a 30-50k mile Imola or LeMans or Oxford E39 M5 to make perfect and drive forever.
                                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Working...
                                X