The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Congrats! Doing some quick maths, there is about 35k in additional parts and service and that is not including normal maintenance service. The base ZCP car with its Carfax history and mileage was included with the extras lol. Diffuser needs some IB paint, but overall looks really clean.
    Not too shabby! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxfish View Post

I won this, and am really excited about it. I think I did pretty well price-wise, the PO put a TON of money into it. Glad to be back in an E46!
      I saw this listing finish and couldn't believe the end price - congratulations! Would love to see more photos and videos once you receive it
      - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

Comment

Sexy loading...

Bid for the chance to own a 13k-Mile 2003 BMW M3 Convertible 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #140,485.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxfish View Post

I won this, and am really excited about it. I think I did pretty well price-wise, the PO put a TON of money into it. Glad to be back in an E46!
          Massive win brother, welcome back. Beautiful car and parts with it dang. That's basically an OG nam3 starter pack.
          2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Will this be a $50k car? Incredible example - 20k, Mystic blue, 6 speed... 4 owners though, I'm guessing that the guy that put 700 miles on it (last owner) is so afraid to drive this thing because it's essentially a showroom car from 03' - thoughts?

Bid for the chance to own a 20k-Mile 2003 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #140,997.
            - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

Comment

Interesting. I would say no, but that is low mileage.
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                Sexy loading...

Bid for the chance to own a 13k-Mile 2003 BMW M3 Convertible 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #140,485.

maw
                Car went for strong money which I consider encouraging. Of course it had a strong odometer, which a bunch of previous owners missed, undoubtedly by listening to forums dissing convertibles. Or maybe they disliked the chassis flex. What do I know?

maw

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                  Interesting. I would say no, but that is low mileage.
                  Agreed... Imola or Cinnamon interior + 19" 67s, maybe.

maw

Comment

Agreed... Imola or Cinnamon interior + 19" 67s, maybe.

maw
                    Do non-comp 19s add value? Slightly worse performance, much worse ride quality, and more expensive tires (though this car won't be driven anyway).

Personally, I think they're a lot uglier than the 18s without the lip too.

Comment

Car went for strong money which I consider encouraging. Of course it had a strong odometer, which a bunch of previous owners missed, undoubtedly by listening to forums dissing convertibles. Or maybe they disliked the chassis flex. What do I know?

maw
                      Personally, I like Convertibles. They usually haven’t been tracked or winter driven and also cheaper so they will makes good part cars in the future to fix our Coupes!
                      2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                      2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                      2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Personally, I like Convertibles. They usually haven’t been tracked or winter driven and also cheaper so they will makes good part cars in the future to fix our Coupes!
                        I thought I recognized that comment, our ultra friendly Canadian is back. You're consistent, I'll give you that.

Discuss auctions and results happening on BaT. oceansize has put together this tracker of results... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1Sb8fsTIM4Q6o2jjHX92NjUktbgOpZrxjdi-iwivqPCc/htmlview#gid=413769884
                        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post

Do non-comp 19s add value? Slightly worse performance, much worse ride quality, and more expensive tires (though this car won't be driven anyway).

Personally, I think they're a lot uglier than the 18s without the lip too.
                          Not really, but I gained a little appreciation for those Style 67 19s when I learned that they were forged and made by Fuchs (yeah the Porsche one). When I would see a clean set on a completely stock M3, I actually thought they looked quite good. I still prefer the look of the ZCPs and 18s, but quality of both those wheels is not even close to the Style 67 19s.

Style 67 19s - made by Fuchs, forged, machined finish, durable paint

Style 67 18s - made by Ronal, cast, paint tends to flake

ZCPs - made by BBS, cast flow formed, can crack from impact
                          Last edited by Slideways; 03-21-2024, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Once you stop pretending the car is a racer, your eyes open up. Which is how we got to a near $50k (all in with fees + transport) triple black convertible with forged, polished 19s. And a super low odometer didn't hurt.

I'm on record as not believing the thoughts of forum members are representative of the broader market for purchasers of these cars, specifically as it comes to convertibles and manuals. I just don't think those preferences will hold over time, just like they weren't the prevailing preferences when I bought mine.

And if you're worried about tire pricing you're in the wrong place. Ride "quality" is subjective like every other notion of quality.

In fact, worrying too much about tire pricing will get you poor ride quality faster than anything else I know.

maw
                            Last edited by maw1124; 03-21-2024, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I didn't know the 19s were forged. That certainly ups the desirability.

As for the racer thing, I'm not sure how significantly worse ride quality and more expensive tires play into that notion.

This isn't what I was commenting on, but I think the preferences will hold over time. Manuals are only becoming more desirable in this market.

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post
                                I didn't know the 19s were forged... but I think the preferences will hold over time. Manuals are only becoming more desirable in this market.
                                Maybe. I still know people who play music on wax through tube amplifiers, and pay all sorts of money for the privilege.

The rest of us just use our phones.

Only time will tell whether manual transmissions go the way LPs and turntables, or SACDs and standalone equalizers.

maw

Comment

Working...
                                X