The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Even gt3 prices are finally coming down and my beverly hills porsche salesman stated he was sad about this six months ago, now worse and continuing which is great.

People are ignoring the white elephant in the room or perhaps just willfully ignorant.
    The question is down from where? Sure G63 prices are down from when Benz dealers were charging $75k OVER MSRP. But should that price level be a benchmark for anything?

For those missing the thread, that was the "irrational" part of "irrational exuberance."

maw

EDIT... that Hagerty data doesn't really fit the headline to me... see below... the trick is to buy below the line, not above it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by maw1124; 07-04-2024, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Even gt3 prices are finally coming down and my beverly hills porsche salesman stated he was sad about this six months ago, now worse and continuing which is great.

People are ignoring the white elephant in the room or perhaps just willfully ignorant.
      The elephant sure grew over the past year. Those who were able to turn a blind eye can no longer do so - the room is getting smaller and smaller.

Comment

How long before 997.2 GT3 prices are back down to sub-$100k??
        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
          It seems like a quite a few people bought these high performance cars and are not using them. Eventually, when there are many used ones to choose from, like it was a few years ago, you should be able to get one for a reasonable price.

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 2002 BMW M3 Convertible at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #154,092.

This should be interesting... paid $23k in the "irrational exuberance" of 2022.

I'm seeing some of what Slideways is pointing out. I'm keeping my eyes out for a couple of items but not the GT3. A buddy just picked up a '24 RS6 for a steal out of AZ for this very reason, and I have a line on one in CA. A fair amount of "bought high, selling low" going on.

maw
            Last edited by maw1124; 07-04-2024, 09:22 AM.

Comment

For a good one? I don’t think you’ll ever see sub 6 figure 997.2 GT3s

Comment

This year, Ferrari for the first time surpassed Hermès as the most valuable luxury company in the world as measured by stock multiple.

Where 88Thousand cars doesn't help maintain pricing.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                  https://www.cnbc.com/2024/07/04/ferr...nd-sucess.html

Where 88Thousand cars doesn't help maintain pricing.

maw
                  LOL

What does this have to do with the E46M and similar cars including Porsche 911s? They are in different leagues and people who can afford Ferraris are clearly not as affected by the current troubles in the economy. While I'm sure even Ferraris aren't selling like they were a few years ago (or as per the article, the wait list is probably not as long), it's ridiculous to try and compare them to E46M.
                  Last edited by PetrolM3; 07-05-2024, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Just sold a 16k miles US Spec black on black SMG (mintier than mint) with two sets of OEM 19s stock and ZCP. Karbonius intake, full SS headers back exhaust, Eibach springs and H&R sways, HTE tune. Wish I could disclose the price but I can't as it was a private sale to a collector.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                      Just sold a 16k miles US Spec black on black SMG (mintier than mint) with two sets of OEM 19s stock and ZCP. Karbonius intake, full SS headers back exhaust, Eibach springs and H&R sways, HTE tune. Wish I could disclose the price but I can't as it was a private sale to a collector.
                      What's wrong with disclosing the price? Did you sign a contract that you won't? My guess is ~$50K.

Comment

Originally posted by PetrolM3 View Post

What's wrong with disclosing the price? Did you sign a contract that you won't? My guess is ~$50K.
                        Correct buddy. 👍🏼

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerfang View Post

For a good one? I don’t think you’ll ever see sub 6 figure 997.2 GT3s
                          Honestly I wouldn’t care if the car has been involved in a (not severe) collision and has tracking history. I’d actually drive the shit out of the car and track it, unlike most GT3 owners.

But yeah I think the days of sub-$100k GT3s are long gone. Maybe I’ll be able to afford one after I finish school lol.
                          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Honestly I wouldn’t care if the car has been involved in a (not severe) collision and has tracking history. I’d actually drive the shit out of the car and track it, unlike most GT3 owners.

But yeah I think the days of sub-$100k GT3s are long gone. Maybe I’ll be able to afford one after I finish school lol.
                            The best shot you have a sub-100k GT3 right now would be the 996. Even these have gone up over the last 1-2 years, they're selling between $100-120k, wild when you think a 991.1 GT3 is right around ~110-130k. Those E/F engines are a bit of a ticking time bomb though and the 10-year Porsche warranty is finally starting to run out on the 2014's. I'm in the market for a GT3 drivers car, so lets see.

Comment

Another interesting one...

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 41k-Mile 2001 BMW M3 Convertible 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #154,273.

maw

Comment

She’s home! Can’t get my high res photos to upload, but the car is looking good based on the 5 miles I’ve driven so far.

Bid for the chance to own a 2001 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #150,318.

Comment

Working...
                                X