Side Finisher Rubber Replacement and Rear Side Window Trim Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amos View Post
    Got my trim, looks good, the install went pretty well, thanks for the instructions on the last two pages.

I actually bought the generic rubber weather stripping a few years ago and have been putting this off. Glad I held off now and was able to get the proper rubber trim piece. And the installation process wasn't so bad at all.

Where does the rubber o ring go in that assembly, between the glass and the cone piece? Or between the glass and the metal washer? Both of my o rings are missing and the rear windows rattle when opened. I must have lost them when I did my horizontal trim pieces a while back.

Also, I didn't notice any foam attached to the trim piece, it may have disintegrated from old age, now I need to go back in and double check.
    The rubber O-ring goes on the inside side of the glass between the glass and washer.

Comment

Sent him PayPal on Monday, havent received any communication from him yet. How long does it take to hear back from him after payment sent? Either payment acknowledgment or tracking info? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mackshackm3 View Post
        Sent him PayPal on Monday, havent received any communication from him yet. How long does it take to hear back from him after payment sent? Either payment acknowledgment or tracking info? Thanks
        For myself it took 7 days from when I sent payment until I received a shipping confirmation with a tracking number.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackshackm3 View Post
          Sent payment on Sunday evening (7/30), received shipping information Monday morning. Package arrived at Deutsche Post today (8/3). No updates when it’ll arrive to me yet (NorCal).

Comment

I just ordered a second set from him, no problem, maybe took 2 weeks total? A+ seller IMO.

Comment

The GB still active?
              2004 Jet Black/Impulse Cloth Slicktop

Comment

Originally posted by nealm3 View Post
                The GB still active?
                It's not a group buy. Go through the last few pages of this thread for instructions for buying via PayPal.

Comment

Solid find boys! I bought so many sets of the generic rubber trim, happy I waited for a solution.

Gonna install when I get back from overseas.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Just placed an order for 2 sets, one for the M3 and the other for my 325ci

Comment

Doesn't ecs and fcp sell these rubber pieces though?

Comment

Originally posted by Drewrivera View Post
                        Doesn't ecs and fcp sell these rubber pieces though?
                        Nope, These are rubber pieces that are on top window trim. In order to get the rubber replaced you need to purchase the full metal trim, which is really expensive for each side.

as an update placed an order for 2 kits, on Friday 8/4, got email notification with shipment info today 8/7

Comment

Hello, the package arrived quickly, but my office post didn't contacted me here is a picture of the package size it is small so don't worry about size
                          I will be back after i put it on the car
                          Attached Files

Comment

Am i blind or did prices sky rocket for these. I had em in my cart @130$. Now it's $225. Is that because it's trending? think the seller will honor that old deal or does it not matter with the group deal?
                            Last edited by Drewrivera; 08-08-2023, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Am i blind or did prices sky rocket for these. I had em in my cart @130$. Now it's $225. Is that because it's trending? think the seller will honor that old deal or does it not matter with the group deal?
                              Ensure you're following purchase instructions posted in this thread via Paypal (check a few pages back), rather than purchasing via eBay.

Edit: here you go, post #294: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...771#post223771
                              Last edited by Will; 08-08-2023, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Am I blind or did prices sky rocket for these. I had em in my cart @130$. Now it's $225. Is that because it's trending? think the seller will honor that old deal or does it not matter with the group deal?
                                If you are referring to eBay they were $199 since the original link was provided in this thread. So they went up $26 recently. The group buy price is set at $130 and is ongoing.
                                TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                                Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                                Evolve Eventuri
                                - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Working...
                                X