No announcement yet.

Side Finisher Rubber Replacement and Rear Side Window Trim Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i received both sets i ordered. I probably wont install them any time soon. What is the best way to store these?
    I'm assuming i should leave them in their plastic bags and laid out flat.

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post

What are the other dimensions? It looks like maybe 1/8" thick and 3/4" or 7/8" wide?
      1.5mm thick
      22.5mm wide.

I bought some foam sealing tape from Amazon (20mm wide and 1.5mm thick), will do the job later this week. The Amazon foam is a little bit more dense than the OE BMW piece, but it should be fine.

uxcell Sealing Foam Tape 20mm Wide 1.5mm Thick 10m/32.8ft Long, EVA Self Adhesive Weather Strip for Window Door Insulation, Pack of 2 - Amazon.com

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post

1.5mm thick
        22.5mm wide.

I bought some foam sealing tape from Amazon (20mm wide and 1.5mm thick), will do the job later this week. The Amazon foam is a little bit more dense than the OE BMW piece, but it should be fine.

Thanks. I was looking at those the other days, but just wasn't sure of the dimensions.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
          In for two sets, if any Texas peeps wanna join in.
          late to the party but im in if this is still going on

EDIT: NVM, just finished reading all the way back from page 11 and ordered my set
          Last edited by lemoose; 08-28-2023, 01:08 PM.
          2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

1.5mm thick
            22.5mm wide.

Just installed the trim with the Amazon foam. It works, but not as well as the OE because it doesn't compress as much making installation is a bit harder. I think the 1.0mm foam from Amazon would work better.

Lesson learned: re-use the foam that's on the trim. Don't mess with it. If part of it is torn or missing, buy the OE piece to replace what's missing. Or use the 1.0mm foam from Amazon to replace the entire piece.

Comment

So I sent payment to a “mateva” on Tuesday but haven’t gotten any confirmations yet, should I cancel it? Pretty sure I followed the instructions unless the price has gone up.

Comment

Originally posted by anemteanu View Post
                So I sent payment to a “mateva” on Tuesday but haven’t gotten any confirmations yet, should I cancel it? Pretty sure I followed the instructions unless the price has gone up.
                Patience, he probably needs a little time to process your order.

Comment

Originally posted by anemteanu View Post
                  I don't think I got any confirmations either, just a shipped notice at some point and the item showing up a few days after that.
                  E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
                  E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
                  E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Patience, he probably needs a little time to process your order.
                    I understand this, just wanted to make sure I did the right stuff. Always skeptical sending money online.

Comment

Only took about two weeks? But got them in. Maybe I missed the description in there, ordered 2 sets. Got two sets of two. Obviously don’t mind now I have a spare set which is great. Now I just need to pick a day to replace them.

Comment

Here's my order timeline:
                        9/1 - submitted PayPal payment
                        9/4 - received shipping notification
                        9/18 - received parts here in CA
                        2004 Alpine White / Cinnamon E46 M3 6MT
                        1993 Brilliant Black FD Rx7
                        IG: @gearheadtwins

Comment

Got mine. 3 weeks to get here...

Mike
                          02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
                          11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
                          16 X5

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post

See Post #157

Group buy info

Price: $130 USD for one set. $260 USD for two sets. shipped to USA
                            Send paypal payment to: matthewnavis@gmail.com
                            Under the payment amount it will ask you what this is for and type:
                            Group buy E46 Rear quarter weather stripping and include your name, full address including USA and phone number.
                            I'm really late to the party here. Is the $130 for one set both sides or just one side?

Comment

Originally posted by Actuary View Post

I'm really late to the party here. Is the $130 for one set both sides or just one side?
                              Both sides.

Comment

Both sides.
                                Thanks for confirming

Comment

Working...
                                X