No announcement yet.

Update on OE CSL Wheels GB from M3F???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bon bon bon, i emailed Sean at Turner and 3 minutes after he called me to talk. Here were my questions to him and his answers ;
    • Did Turner Motorsport receive a large order of CSL/ZCP rims from Leighton Jacobus? THE ANSWER IS YES.
    • If so what is the status of the order? BMW STILL HAVEN'T SHIPPED ANYTHING YET FROM EUROPE TO USA, TURNER IS STILL WAITING FOR A BMW UPDATE. SEAN WILL GIVE LEIGHTON AN UPDATE AS SOON AS HE HEARS SOMETHING.
    • Do Turner Motorsports know an approximate ETA of that order arriving to the USA and after they come to USA an approximate ETA for the customers? NO BUT IF ALL GOES WELL AND LETS SAY THAT BMW SHIPS THE ORDER THROUGH BOAT NEXT WEEK, IT WOULD TAKE MINIMUM 30 DAYS TRANSIT + SHIPPING FROM TURNER TO CUSTOMER, THAT BEING SAID, BEST CASE SCENARIO IS IT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME TO HAVE YOUR WHEELS AND WORSE CASE SCENARIO IT WILL TAKE EVEN LONGER TO GET YOUR WHEELS.
    • Does Turner motorsport currently have CSL/ZCP rims in stock? THE ANSWER IS NO,.
    Apparently Sean talked to Leighton yesterday so maybe Leighton was going to send an update soon/shortly/maybe.

Sean looks like a pretty chill guy, happy to have dealt with him and get some more info.

Comment

I am having the same issue with my OE CSL trunk so everything TMS is saying is true. I ordered my trunk from BMW in Feb and there is still no news.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
        I am having the same issue with my OE CSL trunk so everything TMS is saying is true. I ordered my trunk from BMW in Feb and there is still no news.
        Imagine if you had special ordered a car.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post

Imagine if you had special ordered a car.
          Yeah I know. It will take months for this situation to get back on track.

Comment

Looks like Im probably not running these wheels until next summer. Vert, summer only driven, extended delay... Guess I get to spend the tire money on something else for now.
            2002 M3 LSB/Kiwi Vert
            2014 X5 50i
            2019 Ford Raptor

Comment

This delay really sucks.

At this point I could have just purchased these at full price and been happier.

Wish I could just het my money back

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Isnt there a time limit to file a claim on PayPal?
                anyone had experience doing this? tips/advice?

Comment

Originally posted by csynic View Post

anyone had experience doing this? tips/advice?
                  PayPal limit is 180 days. This is a tough situation because clearly the GB organizer is not at fault for the delay but I’d be a little worried if I had forked over the cash in advance. I think anyone who participates in a group buy should be able to cancel their order at just under 180 days so they don’t have to forfeit their protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigo1087 View Post
                    I ordered a set of Firestone Indy 500s from my local firestone.. $682 after tax and$100 MIR. In OE CSL spec sizes. Mount and balance is $10 a wheel .
                    Price is listed online.

235/35/19 and 265/30/19 I was debating about a 265/35 rear based on some reccomendations and there $15 per tire cheaper too
                    I am running these on my M3 and really like them. I think they are a great value.

Comment

Aw man, not again. Fellow forum member sent me this a few hours ago. Not trying to incite panic at all here and I don't think the wheels will be stopped, just interesting to see.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/b...ay-146207.html

Delays suck, had I not got a new car to sink my time in I would be jonesing to get these wheels.

Comment

Rest assured, though. The factories will keep churning out wheels during the restructuring process
                        There's that at least. BBS is one of the most valuable brands in the aftermarket (and for OEM wheels), it's hard to imagine them not printing money unless it's been mismanaged for a long time now.
                        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Mismanagement and high prices..... they need to sort their house out and lower prices to gain a bigger market share.

Comment

Bring on cheaper E88’s!
                            TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

Just a heads up but my main dealer confirmed that the front CSL wheels are currently on worldwide backorder from BMW Germany.

Interestingly I also received an email from Leebmann24 who stated that the wheels were NLA, with no goods receipt date as info. The sales rep then put forth the notion that he was under the belief that the wheels are no longer being produced...

Seeing as BBS has filed for insolvency it will be interesting to see what happens.
                              Last edited by R60BBA; 07-19-2020, 03:17 AM.

Comment

limited response from him here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1456...ment&ref=notif

also - i called Turner and the notes they had said delivery postponed to end of August. Has anyone else talked to Turner?

Comment

Working...
                                X