FCP Euro Lifetime Replacement Guarantee Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PabloCruise View Post

Store credit is sweet. I could read their T&C and see how long they will leave that credit to your name. If they sweep that $ at a certain point, they will pocket those credits if you sell the BMW and no longer buy parts from them...
    In some states it is illegal to have store credit expire at any point.
    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Spoke to FCP today, and it appears that returns will be issued in store credit which will apply towards future purchases. It shouldn't make a difference if your keeping your car for the long haul because odds are your going to need something in the future. If you own multiple euro cars then that credit could be used on parts for other cars not just the car which the part is being replaced. So essentially instead of getting your money back on the first part replacement and spending money on future parts, you will not get your money back on the part replacement but won't spend money on the future part.

Even though they wouldn't admit why they did this, I am betting it's because of the numerous amounts of refunds probably being issued on a daily basis. Could be because credit processing services wouldn't allow it or is charging for excess refunds or simply their business accounting model.

I do not see the big deal if you don't receive the money back in the present but then do not to spent money in the future.

The big thing they emphasized was clamping down on return abuse. They were experiencing tons of return abuse and they are starting to clamp down on what is allowed under the lifetime policy. Exchanges will be strictly on the exact parts you bought, which I thought was already the case. They will not allow return of damaged parts due to install, which they would let slide. They will not allow returns that are excessively not within the lifecycle of the parts. The Representative explained that people would buy parts test them on their cars then return the parts that were still new for different brand parts just because they didn't like them.

I can't blame them for clamping down. It would not help keep the business solvent if they didn't. In the end if your not abusing the policy and your not planning on selling your car anytime soon then it should not affect you.

Comment

For anyone wondering here are the original terms of the original program that legally should be honored for any purchases made prior to the start date of the new policy being 11/1.

The original program clearly states that the refund will be on your REPLACEMENT ORDER and not the original. In layman’s terms, you should not be paying for price increase to warranty the part at a later date which is always the case.

Now they want you to eat the difference. For instance I just warrantied a bad oe bmw fuel pressure regulator that in 2015 was $90. Today it is $248 and they refunded me the $248 last week so I didn’t have to pay for inflation.

With the new program, I’d have to pay the new cost of $248, and they would refund me the original $90 that I won’t see back in my bank account. At that point I would go aftermarket and just not deal with it but there are plenty of genuine bmw parts that you don’t have that luxury.

Clearly they are trying to streamline the return process make it the same for everyone regardless of the purchase date but this is not cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

The big thing they emphasized was clamping down on return abuse. They were experiencing tons of return abuse and they are starting to clamp down on what is allowed under the lifetime policy. Exchanges will be strictly on the exact parts you bought, which I thought was already the case. They will not allow return of damaged parts due to install, which they would let slide. They will not allow returns that are excessively not within the lifecycle of the parts. The Representative explained that people would buy parts test them on their cars then return the parts that were still new for different brand parts just because they didn't like them.

I can't blame them for clamping down. It would not help keep the business solvent if they didn't. In the end if your not abusing the policy and your not planning on selling your car anytime soon then it should not affect you.
          So as is typical in our country, punish the masses for the crimes of the few. At the end of the day, FCP could refuse refunds to the "abusers" and "ban them" so to speak. But it's their business so whatever, but, so typical today. OTOH, they may be realizing part prices are soaring and they don't want to / can't cover the increases. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
            For anyone wondering here are the original terms of the original program that legally should be honored for any purchases made prior to the start date of the new policy being 11/1.

The original program clearly states that the refund will be on your REPLACEMENT ORDER and not the original. In layman’s terms, you should not be paying for price increase to warranty the part at a later date which is always the case.

Now they want you to eat the difference. For instance I just warrantied a bad oe bmw fuel pressure regulator that in 2015 was $90. Today it is $248 and they refunded me the $248 last week so I didn’t have to pay for inflation.

With the new program, I’d have to pay the new cost of $248, and they would refund me the original $90 that I won’t see back in my bank account. At that point I would go aftermarket and just not deal with it but there are plenty of genuine bmw parts that you don’t have that luxury.

Clearly they are trying to streamline the return process make it the same for everyone regardless of the purchase date but this is not cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            This is pretty much what it boils down to for me and some others in this thread who chose to buy these parts for way more than they could have been purchased elsewhere. We decided it was worth it to pay more upfront and never pay for it again. I don't think there is any way for them to get out of this legally. Other people may have their own reasons why they purchased from FCP and why they continue to do business with them and that is respectable too. I am not here to bash other people's view on this topic but to call some of us who are upset "spoiled americans" or "complainers when we chose to pay $550 for a pair of rotors instead of$ 380 is completely uncalled for.
            2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
            2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

This is pretty much what it boils down to for me and some others in this thread who chose to buy these parts for way more than they could have been purchased elsewhere. We decided it was worth it to pay more upfront and never pay for it again. I don't think there is any way for them to get out of this legally. Other people may have their own reasons why they purchased from FCP and why they continue to do business with them and that is respectable too. I am not here to bash other people's view on this topic but to call some of us who are upset "spoiled americans" or "complainers when we chose to pay $550 for a pair of rotors instead of$ 380 is completely uncalled for.
              Well said.
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

And another thing to keep in mind, not only is your original purchase costing you a premium up front, your replacement purchase is going to come at a premium also compared to other vendors. Forget it, I'm out.
                2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

For people that aren't understanding... as mentioned, we are paying a premium (upfront costs) when buying from FCP. ALSO, it will require our cashflow to decrease TWO FOLD to have the same experience.

The old process - Buying a OE coils will have me pay $400 (or example). I buy a replacement for $420 and get a refund to my card for $420... which means I have $400 invested into FCP. Now I can buy other "life" things with my $400.

the new process - Now when I buy replacements, I'll have to buy $400 (for example). I buy a replacement for $420 (loss of $20) and a credit of $400. At this point, I have $820 invested in FCP for the same action. you will nee to exchange for a THIRD TIME to see the benefit AND all at a PREMIUM price.

Also note: Even if you get your item before 11/1, you will only be granted the return for cash ONE TIME. After this, your replacement order will be after 11/1 and therefor credit. They DO NOT reference your INTIAL purchase, as that's closed out upon your first exchange.

This is why people are annoyed... OH, along with telling us the change will happen in 7 days, so that people can't take advantage of the current policy.

This has been handled in a shady way.
                  Last edited by x Spades x; 10-27-2022, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Anecdotal but I've never had to return a part because it quit working. Not once. I currently have an M and an AMG both of which are high maintenance and carry the luxury euro tax. I do almost all of my own work but I only buy the best stuff and I only buy the best price. Maybe I'm just lucky. Obviously if you run a shop I understand you can't be so lucky. Totally different scenario. Same applies for the hard core track enthusiasts, you all have a different set of requirements.

When I first heard of FCP I immediately started using them for fluids but otherwise if their price stinks, and it often does, I move on. I will say I that I did buy an OE alternator from them a while back and it was slightly more expensive but electrical parts can be iffy.

tldr; If you aren't running a shop and you aren't going to the track on the regular then skip FCP for most everything except fluids and other small consumables. Their prices stink.
                    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I get the frustration with the change of policy. But FCP's customer service is so much better. I'm ok with paying a little more with FCP if I absolutely need something which happens because track car. ECS has failed me 3 times and left me scrambling last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                        tldr; If you aren't running a shop and you aren't going to the track on the regular then skip FCP for most everything except fluids and other small consumables. Their prices stink.
                        There wholesale pricing IS competitive, but does NOT carry the lifetime warranty before or after this change.

'00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                        Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                        Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

I wish we had a service for BMW parts like FCP in Germany at all. We can't even return parts because often its "special requirements" and therefor not covered by any return policy. Let alone a lifetime warranty for parts or even oil

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                            I like you guys get to decide if this is an issue for people or not. 🙄

I've been using FCP longer than both of you combined. I've replaced everything on my car. No, I don't want store credit since there's nothing left to buy for my car. I simply want to replace the parts.

I'm not looking to get original $ back, just the $ spent to replace a warranty part.

It also makes no sense to only credit the amount of the part as it cost when you originally bought it. I'm not looking for that $ back - I want the $ back that was spent to purchase the replacement part.

The goal should be to not spend any money (less shipping costs, maybe tax) in order to get a replacement.

It is no longer true to call it warranty or replacement or any of these phrases. I bought all these parts wit the understanding that I'd be able to replace them for free in the future. Now, you must spend money (more due to inflation/rising costs) to replace the part, and you don't get that money back.

I understand/accept that store credit will suffice for some people, but it does not for me.

*Or at least grandfather in the parts purchased before 11/1/22 and I mean not just the first replacement, but subsequent.
                            You can still put the credit towards the replacement part. For you to expect forever-2018 pricing on say, an n54 fuel injector, when it costs FCP double in 2022, would not make any sense. If I have to replace a water pump that I bought for $350, but its now $440, I will gladly take the 350 in credit and pay my 90 for a new pump.
                            E46 M3 | C7 RS7

Comment

Yeah I agree. I regret buying my Z4M front rotors from them last week @ $255 a piece when I could have gotten them cheaper for $190. That is $130 more up front. I sure do not want $500 in store credit if I ever end up using lifetime warranty on them.

I think they are going to lose a lot of business.
                              Would you have gotten any kind of lifetime warranty/value coverage if you bought them elsewhere for $190? If you have to replace them down the road and they're now $295 a piece due to inflation/supply/demand, I assume you're still getting $510 credit towards the now $590 set of front rotors. Is $80 for a new set of $600 rotors not worth the $130 markup you paid earlier?
                              E46 M3 | C7 RS7

Comment

lol uncle ECS and his bastard child turner can go to hell too. Honestly there are plenty of other sites that sell OE stuff for cheap, like eeuroparts and plenty of online vendors that sell genuine BMW stuff for way cheaper. Bottom line here is that anything purchased before 11/1/2022 should be grandfathered in and replaced under warranty without store credits or having to pay the difference when being replaced. That was the store policy AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE when you bought the item THEN. If you knew what you know NOW, you may not have bought the item THEN. If they want to play dirty they're going to get sued big time in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of their customers are lawyers
                                I agree with you guys on the pre-revision purchases needing to be grandfathered in. But moving forward, between lifetime store credit on certain parts (based on pricing at time of purchase) vs buying a little cheaper elsewhere without any credit/warranty, I'll still be shopping w/ FCP euro for certain parts. If an N54 injector is $500 and I buy a set of 6 for $3k, and in 7 years they're hypothetically $1k each for a $6k total, why would FCP take that kind of hit? Some of the "ive spent millions of dollars with this company" sentiment holds a little less weight if you expect the company to take big losses and go out of business at your expense (or savings, technically speaking)
                                Last edited by Boost; 10-28-2022, 12:48 AM.
                                E46 M3 | C7 RS7

Comment

Working...
                                X