This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

What's the elevation and ambient temp during these pulls?
    Elevation was about 125 ft and temp was 80 °F

Comment

Originally posted by ZiMMie View Post

Something is not right.
      Ya, def a mechanical/timing issue going on there...power just looks down everywhere. It's also nosing over around 7,500rpms, and it should pull to 8,200+rpms no problem w/those mods. GL getting her sorted! I've been chasing similar issues w/mine, and 99.9% sure it's still somehow VANOS/timing related.

Comment

^what this guy said, no amount of tuning, elevation, gas etc is going to make your car down less than the guy with megan headers and lacking airbox

If I were you I'd check compression and do leakdown.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Lol the PO of my car installed a Lang stage 1 head and I just read all the posts about his work. Now I'm worried that there is something wrong with the head, but I guess I'll find out for sure once I have my car tuned next month and see how much power it puts down.

I just installed new cams and followers because of ticking and the followers wearing poorly. I'll probably get a compression and leakdown done as well. Going to open up the cover as well and make sure clearances are good and everything is wearing nicely.

Car has Karb airbox w/ CSL map sensor, 280/272 cams, ssv1 w/ 63.5mm catted/resonated section 1/2, stock section 3. Currently has a TTFS tune, but I feel like it should pull harder for the mods, but then again butt dyno can be deceiving. Going to have Hassan dyno tune at EAS sometime next month. I'll be happy with anything close to 350whp.
          Last edited by fullyflaredd; 07-11-2022, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyflaredd View Post
            Lol the PO of my car installed a Lang stage 1 head and I just read all the posts about his work. Now I'm worried that there is something wrong with the head, but I guess I'll find out for sure once I have my car tuned next month and see how much power it puts down.

I just installed new cams and followers because of ticking and the followers wearing poorly. I'll probably get a compression and leakdown done as well. Going to open up the cover as well and make sure clearances are good and everything is wearing nicely.

Car has Karb airbox w/ CSL map sensor, 280/272 cams, ssv1 w/ 63.5mm catted/resonated section 1/2, stock section 3. Currently has a TTFS tune, but I feel like it should pull harder for the mods, but then again butt dyno can be deceiving. Going to have Hassan dyno tune at EAS sometime next month. I'll be happy with anything close to 350whp.
            I made 330 whp at EAS so with your setup you should do 360-380 whp easily.
            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I don't think he'll dyno that high.

My advice, set your expectations low and if you're surprised then all the better.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                I don't think he'll dyno that high.

My advice, set your expectations low and if you're surprised then all the better.
                Yeah, but it’s EAS.

Comment

Some du today dyno'ed 351/261 on eas without cams tuned by Hassan.

Comment

2003 6-spd
                    •Karbonuis Carbon airbox + MAP.
                    •Ceramic Coated Megan Catless headers.

Tuned by Hassan @ HTE Performance.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by JeremyJames; 09-01-2022, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyJames View Post
                      2003 6-spd
                      •Karbonuis Carbon airbox + MAP.
                      •Ceramic Coated Megan Catless headers.

Tuned by Hassan @ HTE Performance.
                      did he try to fix the issues at 2000-3400? that's not right and torque dip reflects that

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

did he try to fix the issues at 2000-3400? that's not right and torque dip reflects that
                        Car was running pretty lean. Hassan added a little fuel there to be safe. There’s about a millisecond of a hesitation if burying the throttle 2-3k, otherwise buttery smooth.

Comment

Dyno numbers from today.

Haimus Racing Carbon Airbox
                          Status Gruppe Headers
                          Status Gruppe Section 1 with cats
                          Status Gruppe Section 2 X pipe with resonator
                          Stock section 3

Csl Map tuned by HTE Performance

Comment

Thanx for posting up, and contributing to the dyno database! On a side note, graph looks great up to around 7K, then appears to flatten a bit? Have you checked your VANOS and/or cam timing lately?

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post
                              Thanx for posting up, and contributing to the dyno database! On a side note, graph looks great up to around 7K, then appears to flatten a bit? Have you checked your VANOS and/or cam timing lately?
                              Vanos rebuild along with rod bearings is planned for this winter.

Comment

Just ordered cams, followers and maybe an airbox so all of that will be going on with the SS V1's and full SS 63.5mm dual exhaust in the next month or so hopefully. Will be retuning and dynoing at the same dyno. Stay tuned 😈
                                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Working...
                                X