Turner Motorsport CSL Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thonas View Post
    So this just happened. I was admiring my Turner CSL airbox and decided to make sure everything was still tight and secure. Well something did not feel right, it seemed a bit loose. So I removed the non filtered side of the airbox to check. Well the small nubs that secure the bottom appear to have sheared clear off. I am going to call turner on Monday.
    This is not good, my V1 is still on my car due to weather and not being able to use garage space. But that was my issue, V1 tabs sheared clean off on mine. I hope V2 will be better, this is not encouraging.
    2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

I'll probably consider this soon also. Just need some of the refinements done.

Comment

Originally posted by LSBNick View Post

So they can sell one off the floor, but can’t fulfill my order from November? Kind of wild from my perspective, but congrats lol. Realistically I’m just tired of the BS shipping delays that never seem to end.
        Did you order a matte one? The sales guy said he didn't have any gloss ones in stock. If they sold me an airbox that was destined for somebody else on a waiting list, then that's pretty shady.

Comment

Originally posted by S14 View Post

Did you order a matte one? The sales guy said he didn't have any gloss ones in stock. If they sold me an airbox that was destined for somebody else on a waiting list, then that's pretty shady.
          I ordered a gloss one. From the conversation I just had with them it seems that there’s no way someone would’ve sold one because they have 300 pending orders. But who knows, at this point I’m just tired of the wait, and being told one thing and then something totally different down the line.

Availability wise, I’d say the finish doesn’t play as big of a role as some may think. The price point would be the main selling point I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by LSBNick View Post

I ordered a gloss one. From the conversation I just had with them it seems that there’s no way someone would’ve sold one because they have 300 pending orders. But who knows, at this point I’m just tired of the wait, and being told one thing and then something totally different down the line.

Availability wise, I’d say the finish doesn’t play as big of a role as some may think. The price point would be the main selling point I would think.
            Damn, that's shitty. I was surprised they had one as I'd been loosely following this post and the v2's progress.

Comment

Put me down for a V12
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post

This is not good, my V1 is still on my car due to weather and not being able to use garage space. But that was my issue, V1 tabs sheared clean off on mine. I hope V2 will be better, this is not encouraging.
                What was the fix for your box? or are you just running with the top attached? thanks

Comment

What was the fix for your box? or are you just running with the top attached? thanks
                  I have the V2 waiting to be put in and im hoping it will be better. I saw it was not revised in that area. For the V2 install I will also lower the box slightly even though they've amended the rear of the box to amend the cabin filter issue. My car has Vibratecnics solid engine mounts I dont want to/should not have to change those for those tabs not to shear off. I think a revision to these should be considered at this point.

Install should happen in the next 2-3weeks, I'm dropping off the car for major maintenance, subframe and miscellaneous on monday, then weather dependent I will start work on exhaust and V2 install.
                  2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

So I just got in contact (sort of) with Turner about my lower tabs falling off. The first thing I learned is that you are not allowed to speak with anyone who could answer a technical question directly, apparently they have a strict rules that we must go through a customer service representative. Not that said representative was not very nice, very willing to help, but they did not really seem equipped with the information to help directly. Enough of my rant.

They are aware of the issue but are asking for me to send my box back now with a back order shipping of some time in May for a new box. This seems unacceptable to essentially shelf my car until they can get a new one out to me. I asked if I could be put in a slot for a replacement and I would send my box back once I swap in the new one. I have not heard back (after two emails).

I don’t feel to confident in this being correctly handled, since I am unable to speak with anyone who is knowledgeable and can make decisions.

Comment

So I just got in contact (sort of) with Turner about my lower tabs falling off. The first thing I learned is that you are not allowed to speak with anyone who could answer a technical question directly, apparently they have a strict rules that we must go through a customer service representative. Not that said representative was not very nice, very willing to help, but they did not really seem equipped with the information to help directly. Enough of my rant.

They are aware of the issue but are asking for me to send my box back now with a back order shipping of some time in May for a new box. This seems unacceptable to essentially shelf my car until they can get a new one out to me. I asked if I could be put in a slot for a replacement and I would send my box back once I swap in the new one. I have not heard back (after two emails).

I don’t feel to confident in this being correctly handled, since I am unable to speak with anyone who is knowledgeable and can make decisions.
                      Update.

I contacted Turner again. I am still not allowed to talk to anyone who is in the loop on this issues. I am being told by the customer service rep to return my box and the PST department will try to find an equivalent part to send out sooner than May. So I had to spend 20 minutes educating the rep on their product and why there would not be an equivalent. Now I am on hold... This is a great lesson for business owners on the forum on how NOT to run your business. Warranty claims IE existing clients go to the front of the line and should not have to call multiple times and reeducate a new service rep each time.

Comment

Wow this makes me wonder two things immediately.

1) Does the Customer Service rep even work at Turner or is it one that covers all ECS, Pelican, and Turner (and others).

2) Like the article on the corporate takeover of TMS said, they cut staff and compartmentalize so drastically, no one talks with the other departments. Answering the question about how can this product make out into market (with seemingly scarce R&D testing in the real world) because of all the continued faulty product issues.
                        6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post

1) Does the Customer Service rep even work at Turner or is it one that covers all ECS, Pelican, and Turner (and others).

2) Like the article on the corporate takeover of TMS said, they cut staff and compartmentalize so drastically, no one talks with the other departments. Answering the question about how can this product make out into market (with seemingly scarce R&D testing in the real world) because of all the continued faulty product issues.
                          1. Turner is just the name, it's all the same as ECS, Pelican etc.

2. This is an ECS product with the Turner name.

I have a friend of mine who's on Turner's Race Team, what they do in Amesbury, MA is completely different and not associated with what their website/ECS is doing.
                          2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                          2005 BMW ///M3
                          Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                          2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                          2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                          2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

what they do in Amesbury, MA is completely different and not associated with what their website/ECS is doing.
                            Yes I am aware of all this.
                            I posted about it several times explaining this to people months ago in the thread.
                            6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

I have a friend of mine who's on Turner's Race Team, what they do in Amesbury, MA is completely different and not associated with what their website/ECS is doing.
                              So does turner ship out of ECS's warehouse, or do they maintain their original warehouse for TMS specific parts as well? I'm thinking of legacy items such as their adjustable sway bar arms and monoball FCAB's.

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post

yes 100% ECS customer service reps. Their email is @ecs.com. It is very frustrating since the ECS reps are not able to be experts on everything form all the makes they now have to cover. I do feel like there should be a way to take an existing client with a warranty issue and escalate it up to someone who actually knows the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X