Turner Motorsport CSL Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S14 View Post

replace the little pins with tiny neodymium magnets?
    Or just keep the original CSL airbox mounting system

Honestly, it's probably better just to slot them as they will eventually get there by installing/uninstalling the unfiltered section a few times. The four screws on top already hold the two sections on pretty well.

Comment

I cancelled my order. I placed it in November, I think it is vaporware at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by dennisb40 View Post
        I cancelled my order. I placed it in November, I think it is vaporware at this point.
        Its real I picked one up last summer (I think it was the second batch or something). The quality doesn't seem poor at all, but I haven't used it yet since it is going in to an E36 and I need to finish that swap first.

Has anyone done anything with ducting for getting air to this ? It looks like the CSL style snorkels won't fit on the end of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshb556 View Post

Its real I picked one up last summer (I think it was the second batch or something). The quality doesn't seem poor at all, but I haven't used it yet since it is going in to an E36 and I need to finish that swap first.

Has anyone done anything with ducting for getting air to this ? It looks like the CSL style snorkels won't fit on the end of this.
          I’m planning on running the eventuri snorkel behind the fog light to help direct some air

Comment

Whatever you guys do take that god awful turner sticker off.
            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by Thonas View Post
              So this just happened. I was admiring my Turner CSL airbox and decided to make sure everything was still tight and secure. Well something did not feel right, it seemed a bit loose. So I removed the non filtered side of the airbox to check. Well the small nubs that secure the bottom appear to have sheared clear off. I am going to call turner on Monday.
              Figured I’d give an update as well. Same thing has happened to my V2 box. Loose after having been installed a few weeks. Haven’t completely removed the unfiltered section, but I can tell the knobs are no longer there. The top part of it is still secure, but imagine the bottom half essentially swinging down into place.

this was discussed before but there has to be a better method. Replace the knobs with screws just like the top and it’d be a perfect airbox. Going to call Turner as well and report the issue.

Comment

What strut braces are you guys using with this airbox? The Rouge Engineering I have likes to occupy the same space.

Also, what is your oil dipstick solution? If you bent it, how did you physically bend the tube without kinking it?

Comment

What strut braces are you guys using with this airbox? The Rouge Engineering I have likes to occupy the same space.

Also, what is your oil dipstick solution? If you bent it, how did you physically bend the tube without kinking it?
                  I ended up going with the DMG brace looks like the rouge unit (which contacted my air box) but has significantly more clearance between the air-box and the bar.

This Brace is the exact same construction of the RC PRO46 and for all e46 3 series platforms; m or sub models, even the touring. ( BMW e46/ e46m3)  Base price is for OE replicant satin black and built to order as every item is in our catalog. Color choices are otherwise unlimited but of course do come with their expens

Comment

Originally posted by Thonas View Post

I ended up going with the DMG brace looks like the rouge unit (which contacted my air box) but has significantly more clearance between the air-box and the bar.

https://dmgautosport.net/collections...dmg-pro-46-fsb
                    Great stuff. How long was your wait?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tones View Post
                      Great stuff. How long was your wait?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
                      about two weeks or less. I don't remember it being a long wait.

Comment

Using the stock one, (mine is a V2 box), good clearance. Dipstick was bent manually, tons of trial and error using 2 people to bend without kinking it. Overall, happy with the box, no issues (knock on wood).

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_20210617_132000.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	111008
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_20210617_132018.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	111009
                        | 06 6 Speed Vert - JB on Cinnamon| Beisan | ACL Rod Bearings | ST Sway Bar | TMS CSL Box | Megan headers | H.T.E Tune | 550 Injectors | OEM Section 1, 2, 3| 200 Cell Cats | OEM SSK | Bilstein B12| 712 yellow tag |

Comment

Slightly OT, has anyone removed the Turner and replaced with BMW? If where did you source the decal?

Comment

Originally posted by 10figs View Post
                            Slightly OT, has anyone removed the Turner and replaced with BMW? If where did you source the decal?
                            There’s a few on eBay and I know there’s someone in the FS section that was selling them.
                            06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by 10figs View Post
                              I did, I got mine from eBay

Comment

Originally posted by Bgexpress View Post
                                Was the spacing for the strut bar correct? Any pics? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X