Turner Motorsport CSL Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post
    There’s a few on eBay and I know there’s someone in the FS section that was selling them.
    Moved the thread to the subforum - https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...irbox-hardware

Comment

Originally posted by 10figs View Post
      Slightly OT, has anyone removed the Turner and replaced with BMW? If where did you source the decal?
      I actually bought mine from Slideways (putting it on next week), it's pretty good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_20210412_110351.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	111074
      | 06 6 Speed Vert - JB on Cinnamon| Beisan | ACL Rod Bearings | ST Sway Bar | TMS CSL Box | Megan headers | H.T.E Tune | 550 Injectors | OEM Section 1, 2, 3| 200 Cell Cats | OEM SSK | Bilstein B12| 712 yellow tag |

Comment

Comment

hopefully there's more updates on these

Comment

anyone else get theirs? My shipping has been updated to July 23rd and hasn't changed so hopefully it actually comes?

Comment

Got my intake, for the price and hook up I couldn't refuse it. I'm not sure what version this is but the build looks good. interior is what it is but I'm not looking inside there. as long as the outside looks good, its functional and works I'm sold.

I'm debating if its really necessary to reinforce any of the connection ports from the inside? Did people still face any issues with that? maybe try to put some JB weld on the inside neatly? Is it really even necessary?
              Attached Files

Comment

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? The pins are fine but the carbon fiber was very thin at the holes and after driving they seem to have pulled through/broken the carbon fiber. Thanks

Name:	21B1E735-C95F-497C-A0DF-9E27028DEBD3.jpeg
Views:	1774
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	118293 Click image for larger version

Name:	D4C31D96-B88B-4291-AB89-77C3C72CCFE4.jpeg
Views:	1779
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	118294

Comment

Looks like a tough fix though can't say I'm surprised. It doesn't even look like carbon on the inside.

Seems par for the course for a cheap airbox solution.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Brutal. Those pins shouldn't even be taking a load from that direction [properly designed]. Clamping at top with the 4 allens must have applied that outward load. When the 4 allens are snugged, does it settle such that there is there a gap between the bottom lip of the snorkel section and bottom lip of the airbox section (that contain the pins)?
                    Last edited by jbfrancis3; 08-01-2021, 05:26 PM.
                    '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

I’m surprised they can’t fix simple shit like the pins. This intake was looking hella attractive at $1800 + the cost of a tune, but damn this is ridiculous.
                      Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                      Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Shameful and they took everyone's money up front to finish their "development" which is shameful in itself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Thonas View Post
                          Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? The pins are fine but the carbon fiber was very thin at the holes and after driving they seem to have pulled through/broken the carbon fiber. Thanks

Name:	21B1E735-C95F-497C-A0DF-9E27028DEBD3.jpeg
Views:	1774
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	118293 Click image for larger version

Name:	D4C31D96-B88B-4291-AB89-77C3C72CCFE4.jpeg
Views:	1779
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	118294
                          One point of difference from the v1 to the v2 is the thickness of the Bell part of the CF box and over all weight. The v1 bell is noticeably heavier and has thicker sides where there the tabs slot into. This can certainly cause the newer v2 to break as they did in your photo. A lot of headaches with this build. Still happy its CSL now but this presents some definite hurdles to get through.
                          2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

The failure above is actually one I have not seen before, I shared it with the engineer who designed the box and he had not seen it either and it should not be a issue since there is so little force applied on that area.

This snorkel was not changed in V1 to V2, a few V1's where thicker before the change to have the carbon fibber weave carry into the inside of the bell mouth but that area is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by BIllybilly2 View Post
                              The failure above is actually one I have not seen before, I shared it with the engineer who designed the box and he had not seen it either and it should not be a issue since there is so little force applied on that area.

This snorkel was not changed in V1 to V2, a few V1's where thicker before the change to have the carbon fibber weave carry into the inside of the bell mouth but that area is the same.
                              I know of my SL airbox if you don’t seat the unfiltered part correctly then it pushes down on the pins.
                              06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by BIllybilly2 View Post

I have this same issue, and so have a few other forum members. I took photos and videos and sent them to TMS Customer service. It’s covered under warranty and I’m waiting for my new replacement to arrive to send mine back. Seriously contemplating just selling the replacement and ordering a Karb just for the fit and finish alone, even if the wait time is another 6-8 weeks.

Name:	D61B0DC5-2A8C-4111-83C2-D5DB36875548.jpeg
Views:	729
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	118861

That being said though I’m very happy with the performance of this thing. The sound is absolutely ridiculous above 5K rpm, and my HTE tune has been flawless. Just wish the quality outperformed the price lol.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X