Turner Motorsport CSL Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by /M3 View Post
    Has anyone checked to see if the Eventuri replacement filter will work in the Turner Motorsport CSL air box, which retains the OE CSL box BMC filter? I contacted Turner and they were supposed to order the Eventuri replacement filter and test fit it in the Turner air box. Haven't heard from them since, and the fella who was supposed to get back to me with the result is no longer working for Turner.
    ITG makes the filter for Evolve/Eventuri and their airbox takes a slightly different filter size than the standard CSL airbox. ITG does make a completely separate ITG filter just for the original CSL airbox and this will fit the Turner box -

Comment

Ah just stick to BMW. Bought the OE filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Thonas View Post

Looks great! I hope the repairs hold up. I started down that road but decided to return the TMS box and spend the extra for a Karbonius box with the snorkel. Click image for larger version

Name:	0044023F-B1BE-4EB0-841B-D527D20D883C.jpeg
Views:	1882
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	141295
        Click image for larger version

Name:	5C5992A0-F1ED-4920-906D-34B87BAD601D.jpeg
Views:	2041
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	141294
        Exact same thing I ended up doing. That matte finish looks awesome!

Comment

Anymore recent testimony? The TMS intakes have gotten a lot more expensive. Are the V2’s still the most current version?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbird88tbo View Post

Name:	m3 engine mounts.jpg
Views:	1696
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	129810 I have had the TMS v2 box installed for about 6 months now on my daily M3. To say that I haven't had any issues with the box would be wrong. The biggest problem I have with mine is that once proper clearance is achieved between the box and the strut bar it becomes impossible to remove / install the trumpet without loosening the engine mounts and jacking up the engine. I've put roughly 6k miles on it and I haven't had any issues with the pins or the bungs that the various air tubes connect to. About 4 months ago I did new rod bearings and I decided to install some new mounts at the same time. I wanted something that would be oe plus so I went with the 034Motorsports mounts that ECS sells. Long story short they were way taller then stock and made the intake contact the hood liner. I ended up sending them back and getting a set of solid rubber street mounts from Morehead Speed Works. Granted they don't dampen vibration as much as a stock mount but its only a slightly noticeable difference (as a side note on the MSW mounts they come with a removable spacer to lower the mounting point by 5mm. Their smaller profile also adds extra space for future headers). Aesthetically I like the look of the TMS intake over the other intakes on the market. If they continue to improve their design I think it will be a great product for the price point but currently they still have a ways to go.

Pictured from left to right are the sagged out stock mount, the msw mount with the 5mm spacer removed, and the new 034Motorsports mount.
            I had an issue with the box contacting my microfilter tray. Threw in some MSW mounts and problem solved. I did take their advice on trans mounts and switched those as well. NVH is significantly higher for the average person but it's not unbearable like a typical poly mount would be.
            This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

I had an issue with the box contacting my microfilter tray. Threw in some MSW mounts and problem solved. I did take their advice on trans mounts and switched those as well. NVH is significantly higher for the average person but it's not unbearable like a typical poly mount would be.
              adjust the RPM when you get the tune to increase idle by 100 RPM. 90% of the vibration disappears.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonggi View Post

adjust the RPM when you get the tune to increase idle by 100 RPM. 90% of the vibration disappears.
                Idle has been 850 since I put a lightweight flywheel in 4 years ago so my NVH is much less than what it would be. I changed the mounts about 6 months ago. It's still more NVH than the average person would want but I personally like that I can feel the engine running rather than it just being dampened out for comfort completely. It's not bad, but it's not nonexistent. The trans shifts are much louder which is pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Thonas View Post

Looks great! I hope the repairs hold up. I started down that road but decided to return the TMS box and spend the extra for a Karbonius box with the snorkel. Click image for larger version

Name:	0044023F-B1BE-4EB0-841B-D527D20D883C.jpeg
Views:	1882
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	141295

Name:	5C5992A0-F1ED-4920-906D-34B87BAD601D.jpeg
Views:	2041
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	141294
                  Does the Karb snorkel only work with a csl bumper? Or can it port to the duct in the stock one?

Comment

I also ended up going with Karb box and Haimus snorkel combination after reading through everyone's posts.

Thank you everyone including Tbonem3 Cubieman diaz_csl for helping me with all my junior varsity questions!

Sounds great, looks great, and feels great! Happy driving everyone.

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-03-30 at 16.27.37.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	212026

Attached Files

Comment

Nice! Looking forward to getting one of these soon.

Comment

It seems pointless in getting a Turner box with the price now. When they first came out, they were about $1000 which made it worth it. Now it just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Comment

I just did the matte Turner box in my new M3 because the Karbonius had an excessively long lead time.

The box works, makes good power and I didn’t have any glaring QC issues but I much prefer the Karb box overall. I also feel the Karb box is a little louder than this one. I don’t dislike this box but the strut tower being too close for comfort, the smg reservoir not fitting in it’s designed location and a few other things make me appreciate my old Karbonius box even more than before.

I did a DIY video on the install complete with wiring and added some acceleration sound clips at the end if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                            I just did the matte Turner box in my new M3 because the Karbonius had an excessively long lead time.

The box works, makes good power and I didn’t have any glaring QC issues but I much prefer the Karb box overall. I also feel the Karb box is a little louder than this one. I don’t dislike this box but the strut tower being too close for comfort, the smg reservoir not fitting in it’s designed location and a few other things make me appreciate my old Karbonius box even more than before.

I did a DIY video on the install complete with wiring and added some acceleration sound clips at the end if anyone is interested.
                            We generally try to keep the Karbonius airbox in-stock, though we only stock the OE CSL style 2x2 weave with gloss finish.
                            IND DISTRIBUTION | 847-963-4520 • INSTAGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEFLICKR

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
                              It seems pointless in getting a Turner box with the price now. When they first came out, they were about $1000 which made it worth it. Now it just doesn't seem worth it anymore.
                              I haven't been in the loop on CSL boxes for several years. What's the community's consensus on the best box, now?

Comment

Originally posted by jylee05 View Post
                                I also ended up going with Karb box and Haimus snorkel combination after reading through everyone's posts.

Thank you everyone including Tbonem3 Cubieman diaz_csl for helping me with all my junior varsity questions!

Sounds great, looks great, and feels great! Happy driving everyone.

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-03-30 at 16.27.37.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	212026

Woah, the Haimus snorkel works on the KARB box?!

Comment

Working...
                                X