Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wireless CarPlay and AA on stock MKIV nav screen, including touch screen support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baris - Carphonics View Post

Yes, I’ve done a few full kits. I believe one of the guys in this topic from the US had the full retrofit from me.

You need the following:
    • Retrofit cable - £150
    • 16:9 monitor £360 with new TFT screen and touchscreen.
    • BM53 - I can’t source BM53 in UK as it’s specific for US. The difference is the that the radio station frequencies are different. Although, I have been meaning to connect a bm54 into a bm53, if anyone wants to test it out.
    • TV tuner - this is where the carplay gets installed into. This is £489.99 with the OEM controls, or £389.99 without (you can use touchscreen)
    • OEM microphone and adapter -£25
    • relocation bracket to move the heater controls down - this is something which can be sourced on the US eBay or dealership. In UK they are for right hand drive.
    Shipping is around £70-£80.
    What's the break down for cars with nav?

I'm thinking it's just the TV tuner and TFT/touch screen?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I uploaded another video, after realising the video I made had the focus on the hairs on my arm!

Contact carphonics UK for more details. Info@carphonics.co.ukWhatsApp +447958499151

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

What's the break down for cars with nav?

I'm thinking it's just the TV tuner and TFT/touch screen?
        That’s correct.

You would need the following:
        • TV tuner - this is where the carplay gets installed into. This is £489.99 with the OEM controls, or £389.99 without (you can use touchscreen)
        • ​Touchscreen is £180 and new TFT screen is £120. Normal price for TFT screen is £200, but it’s discounted with the touchscreen.
        • You also need the microphone modified, which I can do for free if you send it to me. Otherwise it’s £25 to buy one.
        If you don’t go for the touchscreen, and you don’t need a new TFT screen replacement, then you can purchase the tv tuner box and microphone.

There is also the optional retrofit tv tuner cable. I have been making this in house now, so it’s half price compared to the dealers. (£60).

If you have a convertible, it’s a little trickier, as there is no dedicated location for the tv tuner, without buying brackets and the back carpet. I’ve usually place the tv tuner box in the location of the CD changer.

Comment

New video, with some explanation.

Comment

This is so awesome! I think it's time for some Apple CarPlay on the M3! I do have factory navigation and the BM53 Stage 2 amp upgrade and it works great! I have a few questions as to what all I need to order. I would like the "Touch Screen" option.

Under APPLE CARPLAY & ANDROID AUTO – ORIGINAL SYSTEM CONVERSION which option would I select? The OEM Controls or the iDrive? Then add the Touch Screen option?

1. Apple CarPlay/Android Auto TV with (iDrive Contoller). $389
            2. Touch Screen Upgrade. $180
            3. HDMI Input. $60
            4. Modified OEM Microphone. $25

The video above is with OEM Controls only correct?
            Does the Nav unit have to be sent in for the touch screen upgrade?
            Modified OEM microphone is $25 or send mine to you and that's free?
            Do I need to run any cables from the trunk to the Nav unit?
            I have the BlueBus, any issues leaving it connected?
            Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 09-25-2024, 01:13 PM.
            TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
            Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
            Evolve Eventuri
            - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Working...
            X