CSL airbox vs throttle response/low rpm torque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
    I don't want to start a big thing, but my car has been tuned 4 times by Hassan, and I haven't been happy with a single one. Granted, my car isn't your average CSL intake car, but I expected more given the nutsack riding that goes on here.

I'm used to tuners spending a few hours on the dyno, and then doing a street tune to really nail down the part throttle. My car bucks hard under toe in, and there's other issues as well. I'm not saying HTE doesn't produce good tunes, but I've always questioned the efficacy of remote tuning.

I bought an AEM standalone I plan to switch to in the future.
    Check this thread, maybe it will be helpful https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...or-drivability

Comment

most shops/tuners will recommend alpha-N simply because it's easier to install and tune. they know that most paying customers aren't interested in spending more time and money than they have to so they can always fall back on the MAP suggestion if a customer is unhappy with the end product.

anyone that puts the effort into making the jump to a MAP sensor setup is generally going to be more nit-picky and have higher expectations for their setup. they want OE driveability and that includes flooring it at 2500 RPM without anything wacky going on. that might explain why you see more complaints about driveability from guys running the complete setup

Comment

Originally posted by BMWfanz View Post

Check this thread, maybe it will be helpful https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...or-drivability

I'm still MAF
        2004 Dinan S3-R M3
        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

I'm still MAF
          Mass Air Flow sensor? Did not know you could use one with the CSL intake.

A CSL intake has always been part of the plan, but threads like this make me wonder just how big a gamble I am taking. These days we are talking something like $4k for this upgrade. Too much to end up unhappy.
          Last edited by D-O; 03-29-2024, 10:38 AM.
          Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post

A CSL intake has always been part of the plan, but threads like this make me wonder just how big a gamble I am taking. These days we are talking something like $4k for this upgrade. Too much to end up unhappy.
            Just get a proper MAP conversion, the box is a joy to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post

I think his car is Dinan S3-R so supercharger kit no CSL intake
              2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
              2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

It drives really great if it's tuned right and has a MAP. I noticed no loss of low end vs my previous MAF setup.
                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I don't want to start a big thing, but my car has been tuned 4 times by Hassan, and I haven't been happy with a single one. Granted, my car isn't your average CSL intake car, but I expected more given the nutsack riding that goes on here.

I'm used to tuners spending a few hours on the dyno, and then doing a street tune to really nail down the part throttle. My car bucks hard under toe in, and there's other issues as well. I'm not saying HTE doesn't produce good tunes, but I've always questioned the efficacy of remote tuning.

I bought an AEM standalone I plan to switch to in the future.
                  You have a boosted car.

That's completely different from what we are discussing here.

If you want it to be perfect, then you will have to spend hours on the dyno, street log and tune and then back on the dyno and possibly throw some more parts at it.

That's how it goes with boost.

NA is much more simple.

I'm not looking forward to tuning my S3-R either.
                  2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                  2005 BMW ///M3
                  Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                  2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                  2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                  2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

I think his car is Dinan S3-R so supercharger kit no CSL intake
                    Ah. Thanks.
                    Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Working...
                    X