Questions About Recaro Sportster CS Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Who offers seats with integrated e39 heater pads? Did you buy through AMX?
    Cobra will install pads at the factory if you provide them .. I ordered through HMS Motorsport and they helped me with all that. For Recaros you’ll have to have an upholstery shop install them.

Comment

yeah, I had cobra install my factory e46 seat heater pads, as well. At no additional cost for seat heater parts or custom leather, it's a no brainer if using their seats IMO.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

So it looks like AMX is saying that the heating pads have resistors in them for the e46 M3.

Comment

Finally installed one of my set of Recaro Sportster CS into my Estoril M3

2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
          2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
          2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

looks absolutely great, but I am kinda upset reading how heavy they are

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
              Finally installed one of my set of Recaro Sportster CS into my Estoril M3
              Wow those look amazing! Who did you source them through? You using the BR sliders/mounts?
              2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Wow those look amazing! Who did you source them through? You using the BR sliders/mounts?
                I bought a set from a member on M3post in Winnipeg, Canada. This set is brand new with Dinamica insert. I will get Cinnamon covers from Recaro Max and those are for my Interlagos blue M3.

Than I saw a local car for sale with those black leather Sportster CS. I bought the car only to get the deats Nd couple of other parts, doing a part out right now and will sell the car after or it will be my winter beater. Those were bought throught JRP in Canada in June 2020 and are pretty much new. I installed those in my Estoril/black M3 and I have 7yards of M Texture reproduction fabrics at home to do the interior of the Estoril and insert of those Recaro.

So I have E46 M3’s since 2006 and always wanted Recaro Sportster CS and now I have to sets within a month lol

The floor mounts are VAC Motorsport and Recaro sliders on driver side on Estoril. Passanger side has a Sparco floor mount which is higher that VAC.

I will try the Brey Krause adapter and oem electric sliders in the Interlagos M3.

Comment

I bought a set from a member on M3post in Winnipeg, Canada. This set is brand new with Dinamica insert. I will get Cinnamon covers from Recaro Max and those are for my Interlagos blue M3.

Than I saw a local car for sale with those black leather Sportster CS. I bought the car only to get the deats Nd couple of other parts, doing a part out right now and will sell the car after or it will be my winter beater. Those were bought throught JRP in Canada in June 2020 and are pretty much new. I installed those in my Estoril/black M3 and I have 7yards of M Texture reproduction fabrics at home to do the interior of the Estoril and insert of those Recaro.

So I have E46 M3’s since 2006 and always wanted Recaro Sportster CS and now I have to sets within a month lol

The floor mounts are VAC Motorsport and Recaro sliders on driver side on Estoril. Passanger side has a Sparco floor mount which is higher that VAC.

I will try the Brey Krause adapter and oem electric sliders in the Interlagos M3.
                  Make sure you don’t mount the seat belts above the sliders with the Recaro sliders!

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Make sure you don’t mount the seat belts above the sliders with the Recaro sliders!
                    I didn’t but can you explain why?

Comment

I didn’t but can you explain why?
                      The recaro sliders are not designed for it, and will fail in a crash with that load.

We actually source some sliders from the same company that makes recaros (identical design) and crash tested them— the seat came completely detached from the car with belts mounted above.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Recaro mounts and sliders for Recaro sportsters, sit at the same height as stock E46 M3 seats?
                        I want 1-2cm lower than stock.
                        My car has sunroof and when I went for a track day I had to remove the foam from the inside of the helmet to avoid touching the roof lining.
                        Iam 183cm tall.
                        I see obioban recommends some brands above.
                        Last edited by zaharias; 09-29-2020, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zaharias View Post
                          Recaro mounts and sliders for Recaro sportsters, sit at the same height as stock E46 M3 seats?
                          I want 1-2cm lower than stock.
                          My car has sunroof and when I went for a track day I had to remove the foam from the inside of the helmet to avoid touching the roof lining.
                          Iam 1.83cm tall.
                          I see obioban recommends some brands above.
                          1.83cm tall... do you drive a remote control car M3?

You haven't really described any complete mounting solution. That said, it should not be a problem to get the seat 1-2cm lower than stock with most solutions on the market. I suspect if you only want it to be that much lower, you're going to have more issues with the seat being too low than too high.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

1.83cm tall... do you drive a remote control car M3?

You haven't really described any complete mounting solution. That said, it should not be a problem to get the seat 1-2cm lower than stock with most solutions on the market. I suspect if you only want it to be that much lower, you're going to have more issues with the seat being too low than too high.
                            Hahaha
                            1meter and 83cm (I wrote it as we say it in Greek) 183cm.
                            What mounting solutions do I have?
                            I have power oem seats right now.
                            So one solutions is oem sliders with bk mounts and the other one is bk mounts and sliders?
                            Thanks Obioban

Comment

Originally posted by zaharias View Post

Hahaha
                              1meter and 83cm (I wrote it as we say it in Greek) 183cm.
                              What mounting solutions do I have?
                              I have power oem seats right now.
                              So one solutions is oem sliders with bk mounts and the other one is bk mounts and sliders?
                              Thanks Obioban
                              You can get 1-2cm by changing from power to manual adjust seat bases

Comment

Originally posted by ZHPizza View Post
                                You can get 1-2cm by changing from power to manual adjust seat bases
                                Do runners from manual seats (non M) fit also?

Comment

Working...
                                X