Euro Header + US Section 1 work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro Header + US Section 1 work?

Sorry I have tried googling this, but if all I want to do is put in the euro header and take out the usdm header, does everything match up?

I know you have to add a bung to the US section 1 for the post? cat sensor, but anything else?

Doing a CSL intake so trying to free up the exhaust a bit

I have euro cats (section 1) with headers and stock section 2. So yeah it should connect

Comment

It fits, but the EGT sensor and post O2s should be coded out to avoid the error codes. If you want a Euro style section 1, you can build one using the stock section 1 and high flow HJS cats (same manufacturer as stock), and there will be almost no loss in flow or power.

Comment

Originally posted by audipwr1 View Post

I know you have to add a bung to the US section 1 for the post? cat sensor, but anything else?
        you should figure out a catalytic converter solution, for a lot of reasons

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
          It fits, but the EGT sensor and post O2s should be coded out to avoid the error codes. If you want a Euro style section 1, you can build one using the stock section 1 and high flow HJS cats (same manufacturer as stock), and there will be almost no loss in flow or power.
          I'd still go without the felines.
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Which model HJS cats? That sounds best - cut up my section 1 add in right cats and bungs and good to go?

Comment

Originally posted by audipwr1 View Post

Which model HJS cats? That sounds best - cut up my section 1 add in right cats and bungs and good to go?
              Yes, O2 bungs and might as well add the EGT bung in the same place as the Euro section 1

9095 0092 HJS Hi-Flow Universal Catalyst​

Post 15 and 16

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...r-weld-on-cats
              Last edited by Slideways; 02-06-2024, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

Yes, O2 bungs and might as well add the EGT bung in the same place as the Euro section 1

9095 0092 HJS Hi-Flow Universal Catalyst​

Post 15 and 16

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...r-weld-on-cats
                  glad to see my DIY is making it's rounds. i do miss it. found SS v1's with matching Catted Sec1 for a steal so i jumped on it...otherwise i would have kept the euro headers+HJS/US Sec.1
                  '06 Carbon Black
                  Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Please share your reasoning for installing the O2 and EGT bungs in a custom section 1 with high flow cats. I’m curious about this, because I want to monitor AFR…but I don’t want to add any risk of damage to the cats that might result from the process of installing the bungs on the body of the cat.

Related to monitoring AFR (not emissions compliance) I haven’t asked my tuner yet if it’s his preference to monitor AFR pre cat or post cat. If he wants pre-cat I would just see if o2 sensors fit in the space available using the Megan headers.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRanger View Post

Please share your reasoning for installing the O2 and EGT bungs in a custom section 1 with high flow cats. I’m curious about this, because I want to monitor AFR…but I don’t want to add any risk of damage to the cats that might result from the process of installing the bungs on the body of the cat.

Related to monitoring AFR (not emissions compliance) I haven’t asked my tuner yet if it’s his preference to monitor AFR pre cat or post cat. If he wants pre-cat I would just see if o2 sensors fit in the space available using the Megan headers.
                      It is mainly to mimic the Euro section 1 and SS HJS section 1. If the sensitivity of the rear O2s are turned down slightly in the tune, it will operate like a factory setup. EGT is mainly there for cat protection and there might be one fuel map where it is a small factor (probably for that cat protection/enrichment). Based on others who are running a catted SSV1 setup, the rear O2s and EGT bungs are not necessary, and the monitors can be set to ready and the errors turned off.

As for AFR tuning, either pre or post should work just fine, but I imagine the pre-cat location is best. Dyno operators typically place it on one of the four exhaust tips, so less of an ideal spot and they are still able to roughly check AFRs. On the Megan and SS headers, it is a nice that those extra ports are already there.

Comment

I decided to go with HJS Cats in Section 1. No impressions yet other than they reduce droning at 2,500-3,000 and tone down the overall volume a bit.

Megan + US Section 1 w/HJS cats + US Section 2 + SS Race
                        Attached Files

Comment

I decided to go with HJS Cats in Section 1. No impressions yet other than they reduce droning at 2,500-3,000 and tone down the overall volume a bit.

Do you have any sound clips?

Comment

Is there a need for post cat sensors? I have megan headers which are nearly identical to euro headers. I run pre cat o2 sensors, and don't run any o2 sensors in the section 1 either.

Comment

Need to hear this!

Comment

Working...
                              X