No announcement yet.

Porsche Brembo 996 BBK conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have RR fronts now, and didn't have to do any grinding. Had CM before; same.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      I have RR fronts now, and didn't have to do any grinding. Had CM before; same.
      Weird, I have RR front brackets and had to do some slight grinding.
      TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
      Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
      Evolve Eventuri
      - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post

Weird, I have RR front brackets and had to do some slight grinding.
        Same here, some minor grinding. I made note on the install DIY i made. A minor inconvenience but not a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EEF064A1-30A8-4389-A16A-35F4981EC69C.jpeg
Views:	1011
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	23174
          Evolve Eventuri

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post

Name:	EEF064A1-30A8-4389-A16A-35F4981EC69C.jpeg
Views:	1011
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	23174
            Could you grind the adapter bracket instead? I'm pretty hesitant to grind the CSL king pins.
            2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

I am not to concerned about the weight. Less work required is always good. The rear caliper adapters seems to be back ordered from ECS. I will check on their expected delivery time.

Btw, should I get new seals for the calipers? They came of a 911 Carrera with only 15K miles. Even the brake pads that came with calipers looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Could you grind the adapter bracket instead? I'm pretty hesitant to grind the CSL king pins.
                You cant go wrong either way. you are just shaving a couple of mm to the bracket to fit flush.

Comment

Thanks Tyler for answering my questions on this project. Happy with how they came out.

2004 Jet Black/Cinnamon 6spd ///M3
                  Build///Journal
                  IG: Khan_Art_

Comment

Very Nice!
                    Evolve Eventuri

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Hey if you don’t like the color just paint them while still mounted on the car. 😳

Name:	0CA3C9D9-F276-4F68-85FC-D56FFBE12FFB.jpeg
Views:	946
Size:	556.6 KB
ID:	26797 Click image for larger version

Name:	A47EC868-E23C-4FDE-B3BA-2EABB7F99926.jpeg
Views:	957
Size:	609.3 KB
ID:	26798 Click image for larger version

Name:	A0AFBB7D-370E-4D63-965F-454D1C0100A3.jpeg
Views:	958
Size:	701.6 KB
ID:	26799
                        Evolve Eventuri

Comment

Finally got mine finished up! Took me a minute I was trying to take care of a crazy ex getting out of my house... lol. But this was surely a fun project. More intensive than I expected to be honest. Possibly my total lack of experience rebuilding brakes.. Or maybe I should say more time consuming than expected.. Rebuilding the calipers themselves requires a lot of patience for simple tasks.. The VANOS rebuild for instance took me much longer, but it is very intense as far as remembering and keeping track of so much stuff.. Also was not my first time into a valve train so maybe that helped.. Either way- I hope I can get these pictures to work because they turned out awesome!

Thank you for the thread Tyler!

Click image for larger version  Name:	6F438258-8998-433E-8082-7BE245CD9717.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	81.1 KB ID:	29055

Pole is in a bad spot in this one but the light was right ha

Name:	06B1C220-EB86-49D7-8216-5B6166582F74.jpeg
Views:	678
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	29056
                          Last edited by HDdave; 05-27-2020, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HDdave View Post
                            But this was surely a fun project. More intensive than I expected to be honest. Possibly my total lack of experience rebuilding brakes. Or maybe I should say more time consuming than expected.. Rebuilding the calipers themselves requires a lot of patience for simple tasks.
                            Looks Great! Ya I agree a bit more involved than I anticipate as well but the end result was totally worth it. Here's some pictures of mine, I forgot to upload them earlier.

Name:	image_9321.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	29080
                            Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 05-27-2020, 09:10 PM.
                            Evolve Eventuri

Comment

Looks great guys, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Just got word that my calipers are finally done with powdercoat! Does anyone know the correct size for the "Brembo" decals that most are putting on these calipers? Going to try to get a local vinyl buddy help me print some so I don't have to wait weeks for Ebay...

Name:	IMG_3492.JPG
Views:	623
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	30406
                                2003 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe | BUILDJOURNAL | CAE RACING | DMG AUTOSPORT | SUPERSPRINT | 996 BREMBO BBK | ENKEI | RAYS ENGINEERING | MOTORSPORT HARDWARE | AST | BIMMERWORLD | TURNER MOTORSPORT | REDISH MOTORSPORT | DR VANOS | BEISAN

Comment

Working...
                                X