No announcement yet.

Porsche Brembo 996 BBK conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if these are "correct," but they are what I used.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Any chance you might be able to measure them? Or do you have pictures of them installed?

Those ones are unavailable to be delivered to me in Canada. But if I can get some measurements then I can just have a local shop print them up for me.
      2003 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe | BUILDJOURNAL | CAE RACING | DMG AUTOSPORT | SUPERSPRINT | 996 BREMBO BBK | ENKEI | RAYS ENGINEERING | MOTORSPORT HARDWARE | AST | BIMMERWORLD | TURNER MOTORSPORT | REDISH MOTORSPORT | DR VANOS | BEISAN

Comment

I believe they are about 3.25" long. I can certainly measure them for you when I get home this evening.

Jesse
        Old, not obsolete.

Comment

I prefer 3&7/16" for the fronts and 3&5/16" for the rears
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Here you go:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2747.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	30498
            Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Awesome thank you both for the information! I'll give it to my vinyl guy and see what he can come up with.
              2003 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe | BUILDJOURNAL | CAE RACING | DMG AUTOSPORT | SUPERSPRINT | 996 BREMBO BBK | ENKEI | RAYS ENGINEERING | MOTORSPORT HARDWARE | AST | BIMMERWORLD | TURNER MOTORSPORT | REDISH MOTORSPORT | DR VANOS | BEISAN

Comment

Do these brakes fit under 17x10 Apex Arc-8's by chance?

Comment

Here is the set of Brembo decals I went with. There are several different sizes to choose from.
                  TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                  Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                  Evolve Eventuri
                  - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

I installed my 996 setup today. I needed to grind the knuckle for the Rallly Road front brackets to fit, otherwise it was a smooth install. I used the stoptech seals, VHT 900 degree paint and ferodo ds2500 pads. Ignore my wonky masking tape lines on the inside of the caliperClick image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1246.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	265.8 KB ID:	32956 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1216.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	110.0 KB ID:	32955
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by scotty737 View Post
                      I installed my 996 setup today. I needed to grind the knuckle for the Rallly Road front brackets to fit, otherwise it was a smooth install. I used the stoptech seals, VHT 900 degree paint and ferodo ds2500 pads. Ignore my wonky masking tape lines on the inside of the caliper
                      I'm considering to upgrade to Ferodo DS2500 pads (from Textar) as well, but wasn't sure if they'll squeal. How do you find the stopping power and fitment with these pads? Are FRP3051H and FCP1307H the correct part number?
                      Last edited by i_love_japan; 06-09-2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Looks great Scotty....👍
                        TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                        Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                        Evolve Eventuri
                        - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Will square OEM 18s clear this setup? I think this project is in my future

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmer777 View Post
                            Will square OEM 18s clear this setup? I think this project is in my future

The front wheels are bigger than the rear but all the breaking stuff is bigger in the front so it should. 17s is where the problem lies. I was reading a forum and the distance is like 15mm from front calipers to the wheels. I have 18s and I'm trying to procure some 996 calipers. Mine are definitely going to say Porsche, not Brembo though. I want people to know I got me some fancy brakes I don't need from a car I don't own.
                            This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

What a great thread, it has all the right information, in fact, I wish I found it before buying some parts. I am in the process of doing the BBK conversion on my Z4M, but in my case, I will go with the front 135i 6-Pot Brembos. It may be a couple of weeks before I get them ready to install as I am waiting on parts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0027.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	33558

Since I have the front yellow Performance version, I am planning on just sanding the Porsche coating, apply Phoenix yellow paint from an ExpressPaint can, and use VHT calliper clear. Since I don't track the car I think I will be ok. Any comments on this plan are welcome.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan, though I'm not a fan of the 135i calipers really, but if the z4 can't do 996 fronts, then it makes more sense. I'd still opt for stoptech if you're trying to save $ over AP/brembo.
                                As far as paint, should be fine. My advice is to do only 2 light coats of the vht caliper clear so it doesn't kill all the good sparkle of the PY paint, and then, ofc, bake them.
                                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                                X