Porsche Brembo 996 BBK conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thonas View Post
    Does anyone have a complete list of torque specs for all the bolts associated with this upgrade? Thanks!!
    White would pop out well.

Does anyone have a complete list of torque specs for all the bolts associated with this upgrade? Thanks!!
    Also if anyone has the instructions for the RalleyRoad kit, it has the torque specs on it. I lost my instructions otherwise I'd take a picture. Get a torque spec sheet out of the DIY section if you haven't done so.
    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Just heard back from rally road the torque specs are:

front 35ftlbs
      rear 45ftlbs

Comment

How did everyone terminate the brake sensor wire after installation?

Comment

How did everyone terminate the brake sensor wire after installation?
          🙈

Or solder the wires together and heat shrink them right by the connector. You can just cut the original wear sensor wires and plug them in.

You could replace the connector on the car with a Porsche one. I'll get the part number either tonight or tomorrow.
          Last edited by Arith2; 01-19-2021, 02:17 PM.
          This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Any idea if these would fit the front

985.351.421 and 422

Comment

Originally posted by selm3 View Post
              Any idea if these would fit the front

985.351.421 and 422
              No they won't - these are base Boxster calipers. You need Boxster/Cayman S or 996 ones.
              '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
              '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
              '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
              '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

By any chance does any one rememberers/knows the best size fit for Brembo decal for the front/rear ? Don't want to purchase something that is way to big or small. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I want to say my favorite looking set of decals ended up being like 3 5/16" front and 2 7/16" rear. Just off memory. From a guy named Fyerfyter (Scott) on Ebay.
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                    I want to say my favorite looking set of decals ended up being like 3 5/16" front and 2 7/16" rear. Just off memory. From a guy named Fyerfyter (Scott) on Ebay.
                    Cool thanks for the input 👍 I’m refinishing mine had them for 6 years and finish looks bit tired after so many track days off abuse, had M decals on them before, though I change things a bit and go with brembo decals this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Last edited by Radekxpl; 01-31-2021, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post

Cool thanks for the input 👍 I’m refining mine had them for 6 years and finish look bit tired after so many track days off abuse, had M decals on then before, though I change things a bit and go with brembo decals this time around.

I used this set from eBay that came with a variety of sizes that fit well:

You will receive 2 of each size. The "brembo" is cut out and the background will be whatever you place them on. The decal will be exactly like the one in the picture except it will have a layer of transfer tape placed on top to use to apply the decal.

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post

I used this set from eBay that came with a variety of sizes that fit well:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Brembo-D...-/112982122742
                        Thanks 🙏, saw these on eBay as well, just ordered them.

Comment

That's the guy. He has different sizes as well. I would definitely get larger for the fronts - all 4 being the same size looks a little goofy imo.
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I just completed this DIY and have attached the actual costs I experienced. I really do despise Rockauto for a few reasons but they are BY FAR the cheapest place to buy rebuild parts for these calipers and I'm cheap so they got my money this time. If you can source a good set of calipers that don't need a rebuild, do it. its worth a little bit extra on the front end IMO.

Some notes:
                            I reused my stock rear rotors. they were less than a year old. They will get replace with ZCP rots when they wear out.
                            I put full rebuild kits in all 4 calipers.
                            I bought my calipers on ebay and maybe could have found them cheaper but even the Porsche guys are on to us at this point and the calipers are not as cheap as they once where.
                            My price list shows Ferrado race pads which total almost $600. My car is a track car. a lot of money can be saved here if you go with street pads.
                            I bought the rally road rear brackets for the larger pad. The fronts came form ECS because they are cheaper.
                            One of my rear calipers needed new pistons, the coating had failed on them and needed replacement so there was some added cost there.

All and all I think this could have been done a bit cheaper but for just under $2500 I have 4 piston Brembo's with race pads at all 4 corners. And have lifetime consumables (FCP) so running cost should be virtually $0.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sergmann View Post
                              I just completed this DIY and have attached the actual costs I experienced. I really do despise Rockauto for a few reasons but they are BY FAR the cheapest place to buy rebuild parts for these calipers and I'm cheap so they got my money this time. If you can source a good set of calipers that don't need a rebuild, do it. its worth a little bit extra on the front end IMO.

Some notes:
                              I reused my stock rear rotors. they were less than a year old. They will get replace with ZCP rots when they wear out.
                              I put full rebuild kits in all 4 calipers.
                              I bought my calipers on ebay and maybe could have found them cheaper but even the Porsche guys are on to us at this point and the calipers are not as cheap as they once where.
                              My price list shows Ferrado race pads which total almost $600. My car is a track car. a lot of money can be saved here if you go with street pads.
                              I bought the rally road rear brackets for the larger pad. The fronts came form ECS because they are cheaper.
                              One of my rear calipers needed new pistons, the coating had failed on them and needed replacement so there was some added cost there.

All and all I think this could have been done a bit cheaper but for just under $2500 I have 4 piston Brembo's with race pads at all 4 corners. And have lifetime consumables (FCP) so running cost should be virtually $0.
                              Quick question I see on your parts list Ferodo pads at $287 and $297 which I believe were Ds1.11 pads ? When did you buy them from them ? Because I tried ordering them 3 weeks ago from Fcp and they said they not available anymore with no ETA which sucks because they only have da2500 available as of right not and they suck for track use. They even took down the links for the ds1.11 pads from their website as well.

Comment

Curious what pads people are using for the track and links to them? I keep getting confused which pads I need

Last time I went to the track I used PFC_01s.

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post

Quick question I see on your parts list Ferodo pads at $287 and $297 which I believe were Ds1.11 pads ? When did you buy them from them ? Because I tried ordering them 3 weeks ago from Fcp and they said they not available anymore with no ETA which sucks because they only have da2500 available as of right not and they suck for track use. They even took down the links for the ds1.11 pads from their website as well.

Can you link those pads?

Comment

Working...
                                X