No announcement yet.

Porsche Brembo 996 BBK conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im searching for some right now. What’s the shops name?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post
      Im searching for some right now. What’s the shops name?
      Hoerr Racing

Hoerr Racing Products serves the motorsports industry by providing parts & accessories including lubricants, brake systems, shocks & springs, driver & crew to customers worldwide.
      2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Thanks bro

Comment

Originally posted by Thonas View Post
          So I’m coming back to the well again to see if anyone has any tips or tricks to eliminate or reduce front brake squeal when the brakes are hot (zero noise when cold). It is so loud that you cannot hear the radio and everyone stops to look to see where the horrible noise is coming from. I also have a Macan turbo which was referenced in the Porsche bulletin that was shared in this thread and the two sequels are worlds apart in both tone and volume with the Macan being very tolerable and in no way a nuisance. Thanks!

I have done,

-new shims
          -coated all metal on metal pad to caliper surfaces with anti squeal coating
          -moved from stock brembo pads to akebono ceramic pads (which claim zero noise)
          I need an answer here too, I'm using DS2500 and they are INSANELY loud and horrible. I don't know if I'm missing some magic trick here to get them to even shut up a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by chapmans View Post

I need an answer here too, I'm using DS2500 and they are INSANELY loud and horrible. I don't know if I'm missing some magic trick here to get them to even shut up a little bit.
            I’m almost ready to go back to stock. This mod makes me hate to drive this car.

Comment

I had squeaking issues too but I removed the shims and added break lube to the back of the break pads where the pistons make contact and the squeaking stopped. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag09243 View Post
                I had squeaking issues too but I removed the shims and added break lube to the back of the break pads where the pistons make contact and the squeaking stopped. Hope this helps.
                Okay….. I did the following;

-removed pads
                -removed shims
                -applied anti- squeal lube to the back of the pads, allowing it to dry for 48 hours
                -applied BG anti-squeal to the pads

Then I gave it a good test drive and as soon as the brakes got hot, Squeal city.

Does anyone know if this can be caused by a problem in the calipers? Pistons etc. I have never seen or had brakes make this much noise (excluding race pads).

Comment

I know it sounds crazy, but check to see if the edge of your rotors are rubbing on the calipers when they get hot … check the calipers to see if any paint has rubbed off. You might need to add spacers to the brackets to get some additional clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay….. I did the following;

-removed pads
                    -removed shims
                    -applied anti- squeal lube to the back of the pads, allowing it to dry for 48 hours
                    -applied BG anti-squeal to the pads

Then I gave it a good test drive and as soon as the brakes got hot, Squeal city.

Does anyone know if this can be caused by a problem in the calipers? Pistons etc. I have never seen or had brakes make this much noise (excluding race pads).
                    Any reason to not try OE Textar or ATE pads? Yeah I get it they have more brake dust but historically they have no squeal issues.
                    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Any reason to not try OE Textar or ATE pads? Yeah I get it they have more brake dust but historically they have no squeal issues.
                      I tried both stock Brembos and Akebono Brake Pads. Same result.

Comment

Originally posted by DvSkD4 View Post
                        I know it sounds crazy, but check to see if the edge of your rotors are rubbing on the calipers when they get hot … check the calipers to see if any paint has rubbed off. You might need to add spacers to the brackets to get some additional clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I checked. It close but has not touched.

Comment

I tried both stock Brembos and Akebono Brake Pads. Same result.
                          Stock Brembo and Akebono are neither ATE nor Textar. So I ask again, why not use OE Porsche pads?

Comment

Stock Brembo and Akebono are neither ATE nor Textar. So I ask again, why not use OE Porsche pads?
                            Do you happen to know the part number for those pads? Thanks

Comment

Do you happen to know the part number for those pads? Thanks
                              If you are using CSL rotors front and rear the use TEX-2193702 and TEX-2332902 pads for front and rear. Both available on FCP Euro.

Comment

If you are using CSL rotors front and rear the use TEX-2193702 and TEX-2332902 pads for front and rear. Both available on FCP Euro.
                                Thanks, I will give the textar pads a shot. Third time is a charm……

Comment

Working...
                                X