No announcement yet.

Porsche Brembo 996 BBK conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered them from FCP a month or so ago. Checking now they are, in fact, no longer listed on FCP. bummer......

Comment

Originally posted by Sergmann View Post
      I ordered them from FCP a month or so ago. Checking now they are, in fact, no longer listed on FCP. bummer......
      Looks like they'll still be offering warranty on them if you bought them in time though: https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...l#post17192852
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Looks like they'll still be offering warranty on them if you bought them in time though: https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...l#post17192852
        I reached out the them to ask this and will update with the response but the link to rennlist looks promising.

Comment

Yes warranty is still being offered, but you have to get different pads since it’s no longer being offered. And they don’t have equivalent pad list available. Last year I purchased DTC60/70 from them for this application now they don’t even carry those for Porsche only for BMW that’s why I wanted to go with ds1.11 this time around since it’s similar spec pad to dtc60 now it looks like there’s no other option for similar spec pad at least at this present moment only Ferdo 2500 which is not even close. That’s a bummer hoping these are not first sings off the end of the Lifetime replacement warranty program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The response to the rennlist thread states that the pads will be drop shipped from Feraddo which would imply I can get the ds1.11. As I said I’ll let everyone know what what their response is. I ordered these on Jan 6th BTW
            Last edited by Sergmann; 02-03-2021, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post

Yes warranty is still being offered, but you have to get different pads since it’s no longer being offered. And they don’t have equivalent pad list available. Last year I purchased DTC60/70 from them for this application now they don’t even carry those for Porsche only for BMW that’s why I wanted to go with ds1.11 this time around since it’s similar spec pad to dtc60 now it looks like there’s no other option for similar spec pad at least at this present moment only Ferdo 2500 which is not even close. That’s a bummer hoping these are not first sings off the end of the Lifetime replacement warranty program.

In that same thread, FCP says that they'll drop ship the same pads from another vendor to honor the warranty.
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

In that same thread, FCP says that they'll drop ship the same pads from another vendor to honor the warranty.
                I see, I have to contact them to see if at least I can get Dtc60 replacements I purchased before.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergmann View Post
                  The response to the rennlist thread states that the pads will be drop shipped from Feraddo which would imply I can get the ds1.11. As I said I’ll let everyone m is what their response is. I ordered thes on Jan 6th BTW
                  Damn I missed it by couple days I ordered on the 10th and it was already to late.

Comment

I was basically told by via email that FCP would do a "like exchange" when the time comes which is totally contradictory of what the Rennlist thread states. The like exchange would be fine with me if they add some other type of track pad between now and when i need another set. As I just bought these and will not be needing replacements or a while I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Comment

Just picked up another set after I sold my last set like a fool. Any consensus on Centric seal kits vs OG Brembo? Centric looks like $90-100 on FCP vs more like $175-185 for the Brembo seals and dust boots. Saving almost $100 is nice but would gladly shell out for the Brembo stuff if it’s better or easier to install.

Comment

Any chance anyone measure how long (mm or inch) are the brake lines for the fronts or rear?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeetastic View Post
                          Any chance anyone measure how long (mm or inch) are the brake lines for the fronts or rear?
                          Send an email to RalleyRoad. I'm sure he'd help you out
                          This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

I added the finishing touch, finally got around adding the stickers, i was not going to bother but it does look better now that rears match the front stickers

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0606.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	83627

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0607.JPG
Views:	373
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	83628

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                              Just picked up another set after I sold my last set like a fool. Any consensus on Centric seal kits vs OG Brembo? Centric looks like $90-100 on FCP vs more like $175-185 for the Brembo seals and dust boots. Saving almost $100 is nice but would gladly shell out for the Brembo stuff if it’s better or easier to install.
                              Sort of answering myself after reading this thread again and Rennlist a bunch. There are enough negative experiences over there with Centric and Stoptech branded seals (which are not the same by the way) to scare me away from them for a safety critical item .. seals either too lose or too tight. Brembo is more like $400 so that’s out. The other two options are racingbrake for just under $300 and girodisc at just under $200. Seems like the Rennlist folks have good things to say about both, so I’ll be trying out the girodisc kits.

Comment

What caliper spreader tool are y’all using?
                                Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                                Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X