Porsche Brembo 996 BBK conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FCD46 View Post
    Hope it helps, as mentioned above the spoke design matters just as much as the size and offsets.

Apex Arc8’s
    18x9.5 et22 fits
    18x9.5 et35 needs 10mm spacer
    18x10 et25 fits

silver wheels car is running square 10’s
    bronze wheels car is running 9.5 front 10 rear
    18x10 et25 fits with no fender rubbing?
    Last edited by gaiakai; 07-07-2023, 08:06 AM.

Comment

For caliper, it's not about width; it's about offset. For ARC8s, the min ET is 25 to just clear 996 calipers. My 9"et30s require 5mm spacer just like his 9.5et35 requires a 10 (or 12 to be sure).
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Not E46 but I know there's some Z4 M users floating here. I have 3 different wheel setups and I can confirm all 3 clear front calipers without spacers:

1. Staggered Style 641 (8.5 et27 | 9.0 et29) - spokes slightly convex
        2. Square Style 224 (9.0 et30) - spokes flat profile
        3. Square SSR Type C RS (9.5 et35) - spokes slightly convex

FYI my Style 32 did not fit at all (front or rear) but that's not surprising given the concave spoke design.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Nardo S54; 07-06-2023, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Do square set (4 x Rears) of style 67s clear the 996 BBKs?

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
            Anyone have experience with SHW Performance rotors? FCP says they're OE and made in Germany, but I haven't heard of the brand before. Full set comes out ~$250 cheaper than genuine BMW.

Example: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...r-shw-bfr44461
            Got these in the mail today and they look pretty much exactly the same as the pictures of the genuine BMW rotors. No obvious scraped off BMW (or any other brand) logo though and they do have the SHW Performance brand name engraved in (looks to be dot peened like the other info on the hat).

It'll be interesting to see how these hold up to track abuse.
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

On the topic of brakes, I use Textar on the street. Pretty dusty but at least no squeal even without vibration pads.

I was curious to see if the Ferodo DS2500 could really serve as a dual duty pad. Ngl they’re way better than your typical street ‘performance’ pad (e.g. EBC Yellow or Hawk HPS) but you’ll quickly reach the limit if you’re an advanced level driver. I would say these are best suited for DE1/2 or can be used as rainy day / wet session pad. But if you’re doing any kind of opening passing with 200tw or stickier tires, you’re better off with a traditional race pad llke DTC-60 or PFC-11s.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprp85 View Post
                Do square set (4 x Rears) of style 67s clear the 996 BBKs?
                Yes, 18x9 67s square set is what I ran on the street.

Arc8 18x9.5 et35 clear with a 5mm in front.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by gaiakai View Post

18x10 et25 fits with no fender rubbing?
                  Yes, with maxed camber. He’s on AST coils dropped decently low too. We raised a bit for the dragon where this picture was taken.. aggressive lean on the corners there

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mvading Photos-16.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	224946
                  2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

Originally posted by Nardo S54 View Post
                    On the topic of brakes, I use Textar on the street. Pretty dusty but at least no squeal even without vibration pads.

I was curious to see if the Ferodo DS2500 could really serve as a dual duty pad. Ngl they’re way better than your typical street ‘performance’ pad (e.g. EBC Yellow or Hawk HPS) but you’ll quickly reach the limit if you’re an advanced level driver. I would say these are best suited for DE1/2 or can be used as rainy day / wet session pad. But if you’re doing any kind of opening passing with 200tw or stickier tires, you’re better off with a traditional race pad llke DTC-60 or PFC-11s.
                    Some people swear by those DS2500 pads for the street and light track duty. I will say that their street performance is pretty freaking good once they are bedded in. My experience is limited to mountain driving but pushing them pretty hard - albeit, no track time with them, I have race pad for that. Not too grabby/low initial bite (which I vastly prefer), GREAT modulation, seem to be easy on rotors, didn't come close to their limit during spirited driving.

That said, I bought these pads almost specifically for their claimed low dust and hopes I could switch to these in my Porsche 996 caliper-ed M3. But man oh man have these been dusty AF!! Here is after 100 miles of back roads, with maybe 20 miles of putting them through their paces. This is the most dusty pad I have ever used on any vehicle under any application.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230608_143915-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.8 KB ID:	224998
                    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

DS2500s in 996 calipers didn’t make it through one event for me.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i
                      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I think they'd be a fantastic street pad if it weren't for the copious amounts of dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Some people swear by those DS2500 pads for the street and light track duty. I will say that their street performance is pretty freaking good once they are bedded in. My experience is limited to mountain driving but pushing them pretty hard - albeit, no track time with them, I have race pad for that. Not too grabby/low initial bite (which I vastly prefer), GREAT modulation, seem to be easy on rotors, didn't come close to their limit during spirited driving.

That said, I bought these pads almost specifically for their claimed low dust and hopes I could switch to these in my Porsche 996 caliper-ed M3. But man oh man have these been dusty AF!! Here is after 100 miles of back roads, with maybe 20 miles of putting them through their paces. This is the most dusty pad I have ever used on any vehicle under any application.
                          Overall I don’t regret the experiment. I will say it’s the best “dual duty” pad out there but it’s best suited for DE1/2.

Re copious amounts of dust also agree. It helps I ceramic coated my rims at beginning of season but they’re as bad as a full blown track pad without the bite.

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                          DS2500s in 996 calipers didn’t make it through one event for me.
                          Not surprising. I used them for 2 traffic filled sessions at Watkins and burned through most of them.​ In any case I’ve switched to Hawk DTC60’s, normally I’m a PFC guy but FCP doesn’t carry it.

Comment

I have a set of DS2500 (front) coming soon. Motul RBF600 as well. Hopefully does the trick for canyon bombing (versus the stock textars w/ typ200).

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                              I have a set of DS2500 (front) coming soon. Motul RBF600 as well. Hopefully does the trick for canyon bombing (versus the stock textars w/ typ200).
                              Functionally for what your intended use is, there may not be a better pad. It's really impressive for canyon runs/mountain passes. They are fantastic.

Get your detailing equipment ready though, lol 😆

Comment

I got a gallon of decon July 4th sale

Comment

Working...
                                X