No announcement yet.

Porsche Brembo 996 BBK conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, looking to buy a set of rear calipers only if anyone has some spares. LMK

edit: found and bought
    Last edited by Nate047; 07-26-2023, 03:11 PM.
    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Maybe this is a dumb question but I haven't found the answer so far. When installing new cross over pipes and bleeders on these calipers, do we just thread them on bare? How tight do these need to be?
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Yes, no need for tape or lube or thread locker. The shape of the male, threaded fitting completely seals the port both on the pipes and the bleeders.

Don't know what the tq spec is, but it can't be too high. I just feel it, personally, but I bet you could find the spec on Pcar forums (996/986/987).
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Thank you kindly!
          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I believe the bleeder screws are around 8nm. I've used a torque wrench on a bleeder and I've only seen one guy use one. I also caught him torquing underbody screw to 2.8nm. Just snug but not too tight. A solid 10-15nm will do
            Last edited by Arith2; 08-02-2023, 03:22 AM.
            This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

If anyone has been able to source Brembo GT kit grade seals, I need some!
              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/main-forum/e46-2001-2006/229329-porsche-brembo-996-bbk-conversion-let-s-figure-out-how-to-fix-the-dust-boots-seals?p=238109#post238109 Let's start off with the issue: The factory 996 seals don't seem to be able to take the heat of tracking. These were <500 mile old OE Porsche: This

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Sprp85 View Post
                Any thoughts on 996 BBK clearance with E39-spec'd BBS RG-Rs? I have a set of 996 calipers being prepped but was looking to plan ahead in terms of fitment with the current wheel setup.
                • 18x8.5 ET22 Front
                • 18x10 ET25 Rear
                The general consensus seems to be that it won't clear, and I believe Repoman has already test fitted them and found that it won't clear,

But I was also able to find someone who did get them to work with E46-spec RG-Rs (18x8.5 ET38 Fronts) with a 12mm spacer up front (guessing based on the owner's previous posts):

A 12 mm spacer would effectively make the front specs 18x8.5 ET26.​

Click image for larger version Name:	996BBK.png Views:	0 Size:	941.2 KB ID:	224049
                Thread about the wheels shown above: 18" BBS R-GR's w/Porsche 996 BBK Fitment - NA M3 Forums
                I can’t answer your question. However I have an e39 M5 and have been looking for the RG-Rs, and I live in MA. Let me know if you ever sell those wheels. Serious (I’m a mature adult, just have a car parts problem).
                Last edited by nyc951; 08-27-2023, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Do people code their MK60 ABS to the CSL bias with this setup? Being more rearward, like the CSL, I'd think so, but not seeing anything definitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Pklauser View Post
                    Do people code their MK60 ABS to the CSL bias with this setup? Being more rearward, like the CSL, I'd think so, but not seeing anything definitive.
                    Yeah, most do
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

For anyone using front Porsche calipers with stock rear, what pads are you using? Just for street use right now, track pads seem a little easier to find info on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubaderb View Post
                        For anyone using front Porsche calipers with stock rear, what pads are you using? Just for street use right now, track pads seem a little easier to find info on.
                        For street use prob doesn't really matter that much, Akebono, Textars, etc.

Just so you are aware with that front/rear setup, you are running underpowered fronts with stock rear, shifting your bias to around 62-63%. As long as you are aware/prepared for at threshold track experiences. Can definitely work around it by running much higher mu front pad, keeping as much weight in the rear as possible (muffler/battery/seats), tighter front compression/rear rebound, negative rake, blah blah, but anyway, all of that has other associated handling repercussions.

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X