No announcement yet.

Porsche Brembo 996 BBK conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No machining of any rear calipers or any rear brackets. It's just that cm cant accommodate taller inside pad.

Grinding down of front knuckle may not be required with either front bracket just depends it seems.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      No machining of any rear calipers or any rear brackets. It's just that cm cant accommodate taller inside pad.

Grinding down of front knuckle may not be required with either front bracket just depends it seems.
      Thank you!

Bad news.... I drug my feet waiting on some checks to come in to order my rotors... Now ECS is "on order ETA june 26" for the lightweight 2 piece.... Not sure what I am going to do now

Comment

Originally posted by HDdave View Post

Thank you!

Bad news.... I drug my feet waiting on some checks to come in to order my rotors... Now ECS is "on order ETA june 26" for the lightweight 2 piece.... Not sure what I am going to do now
        Are you getting the ECS rotors or the OE ones? If OE try turnermotosports or fcp euro, got stuff from them both recently and shipped very fast.
        • 2006 AW/IR Manual
        • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
        • Supersprint
        • KW V3
        • 996 Brembo
        • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Originally posted by bassel_sy View Post

Are you getting the ECS rotors or the OE ones? If OE try turnermotosports or fcp euro, got stuff from them both recently and shipped very fast.
          I was going for the ECS lightweight rotors.. But I wasnt feeling waiting till July for them so I went with OE from ECS along with their v4 cross drilled rear rotors.

Got my paint today, we just had to pull out the book of paint chips and start comparing to the center cap.. I think we got it pretty close!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by HDdave; 04-22-2020, 04:57 PM.

Comment

I was going for the ECS lightweight rotors.. But I wasnt feeling waiting till July for them so I went with OE from ECS along with their v4 cross drilled rear rotors.

Got my paint today, we just had to pull out the book of paint chips and start comparing to the center cap.. I think we got it pretty close!
            Are those new calipers? Where did you source them from?
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Are those new calipers? Where did you source them from?
              No sir, got them from DC porsche recyclers.. They were black, that was just about an hour a piece in the blast cabinet w/ glass beads.

Comment

Just curious on how many of you choose to use the dampers/anti-ratlle shims behind the brake pads? Is there much difference in noise?

Comment

Nice! Im waiting for some reviews on ECS set, keep us updated. Rotors look great,excited to see another finished project.

• 2006 AW/IR Manual
                  • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
                  • Supersprint
                  • KW V3
                  • 996 Brembo
                  • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Def will let yall know how the rotors are and post some pics when they come in.

I lucked out today and had the machine shop next door to my cabinet shop machine my 5.5mm off the front mounting service. At the wonderful cost of free.99. Just have to go look at redoing his cabinets so that’s a win win...

Do yall suggest rebuilding calipers before paint?? I am leaning towards yes to avoid any and all possibilities of brake fluid on the new paint.. I am slightly concerned about cutting the tape around brand new seals when taping them off..

Comment

Seen these on eBay. Looks like a nice set.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4B4282A7-7A9C-4674-B5A7-D300CEBAE7DB.jpeg
Views:	704
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	17170
                      TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                      Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                      Evolve Eventuri
                      - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

That's a great set for someone!

Comment

Pretty close here with VHT ford light blue:

Comment

Those look great! Did you paint the Brembo logo on or is that a sticker?
                            2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Seems like the general consensus is that the RR brackets are the way to go.... But from what I understand- both require some grinding? So the main advantage of RR is just to get taller rear pads?

Also, I was curious if anyone knows what paint code the blue part of the BMW roundel is? I am thinking about seeing if my local auto body store can mix me up some high temp in that color....

I am TiAg on graphite VMR 710’s 19”, 8.5” fronts ET35 , 9.5 rears ET22. Also going to be interested to see if I need any spacers
                              Not sure about VMR 710 however mine is VMR 703 19" 8.5" and I need a 5mm spacer to clear the front brakes.

Comment

Thanks to the resources from this thread (m3forum), I did this DIY a while ago. Here's mine painted with duplicolor caliper paint.

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	18730

Name:	
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	18731

Name:	
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	18732
                                Last edited by i_love_japan; 04-28-2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X