No announcement yet.

Porsche Brembo 996 BBK conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like blue on aw, tiag, sg maybe others nice! Did you use a clear coat? What kind?

Duracel - sticker
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      I really like blue on aw, tiag, sg maybe others nice! Did you use a clear coat? What kind?

Duracel - sticker
      Yeah I agree, blue works really well on lighter colored cars like TIAG. I went with VHT clear caliper paint as they have a higher temperature rating than duplicolor.
      Last edited by i_love_japan; 04-29-2020, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Pretty close here with VHT ford light blue:

Yeahh I found a can of that at NAPA the other day and it made me feel like a real jackass for dropping $120 on all professional paint products like I did.. Oh well.. I destroyed my "budget" for this car within 2 weeks of owning it

Comment

Just got mine back, they even powder coated the M logo into it so no stickers

Comment

Wow those look sweet!!
            TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
            Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
            Evolve Eventuri
            - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Hey guys, i just finished my install, and it took about 12 hours to finish. Some side notes if anyone is interested. I was using 12.5 MM Turner Spacers in the front and it did NOT clear, it was super close id say about 1mm. 15mm was good. As for the brackets, I used RR for the rear, and I did not have to grind the bolts down at all, it fit flush no issues, used CM for the front, and no issues either, everything fit flush with no Macgyvering needed. Def get some help if you can. Pads were flush , did not use and dampers for the rear just the front, and no noise or vibration,squeeling or knocking. Big thanks to Tyler (Tbone_) and XPEM3 the write ups they were were incredible, step by step made the whole process way easier. Big thanks to the forum.

Attached Files
              • 2006 AW/IR Manual
              • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
              • Supersprint
              • KW V3
              • 996 Brembo
              • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Looks great good job! What wheels, zcp?

Comment

Looks great good job! What wheels, zcp?
                  yessir ZCP, will post pics later once i wash my car because its dirtier than i am right now. Big thanks tyler much appreciated honestly, shit would of been an absolute headache without those writeups.
                  • 2006 AW/IR Manual
                  • Supersprint
                  • KW V3
                  • 996 Brembo
                  • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Originally posted by T3amfish View Post
                    Just got mine back, they even powder coated the M logo into it so no stickers
                    that looks badass nice work
                    • 2006 AW/IR Manual
                    • Supersprint
                    • KW V3
                    • 996 Brembo
                    • ZCP / PSS

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
                        Great info guys! I was just asking this question in another thread. I’m running OEM ZCPs and currently have 12mm spacers in the front. Picked up a set of 15mm spacers based on old info, but looks like I won’t need them. I’ll report back after my install.
                        So it sounds like you will need 15mm according to bassel

Comment

So it sounds like you will need 15mm according to bassel
                          Yup for me it did not clear, It was awfully close though, and I was using 12.5mm. 15mm for me was the minimum. Good luck!
                          • 2006 AW/IR Manual
                          • Supersprint
                          • KW V3
                          • 996 Brembo
                          • ZCP / PSS

Comment

I want to revise what I had said earlier about csl/zcp width difference affecting clearance- it wouldn't. The half inch is spread across the midline evenly so only offset needs to be considered, I believe.

So 15mm spacer for zcp et47 and 12 (even 10 but too little gap) for csl et44. It makes sense as my offset is 32 which is 12 off 44, and my wheels fit without a spacer, though just. Et30 (10mm spacer) would probably be too close for comfort.
                            Last edited by Tbonem3; 04-30-2020, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Kind of late since I already orderd all the parts.

Will the Porsche Brembo calipers clear ARC8 18x9.5 ET35 front wheel?

Comment

Originally posted by pawa_k2001 View Post
                                Kind of late since I already orderd all the parts.

Will the Porsche Brembo calipers clear ARC8 18x9.5 ET35 front wheel?
                                From what I recall based on the old M3forum.net info, you will need a 3mm or 5mm spacer up front to be in the clear. I suggest you go with a 5mm spacer. Am sure Tbonem3 will chime in soon.
                                Formally SWRTstang_M3 on M3forum.net with a join date of 07/2004

Comment

Working...
                                X