Heavy Duty exhaust hangers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cobra View Post
    My stock ones were completely clapped out somewhere around 60 or 70k miles, the muffler was flying around. I replaced them with some "oe equivalent" ones and they were toast in like 2k miles already! So I bit the bullet and bought OE again, but filled the gaps with a soft silicone RTV. They are holding up great now. Firm but still compliant.
    How many miles have you done since you installed the OE silicone modded hangers?

Comment

Just had mine replaced today with fresh OE hangers.

Let’s see how long they last this time. And if they do fail, hopefully it is within the 24 month warranty period, as I just missed out this time…

Click image for larger version

Name:	6F9A1ABB-0158-451C-A39B-EC08F6BED226.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	336.8 KB
ID:	171729

Comment

Originally posted by R60BBA View Post
        Just had mine replaced today with fresh OE hangers.

Let’s see how long they last this time. And if they do fail, hopefully it is within the 24 month warranty period, as I just missed out this time…

Click image for larger version

Name:	6F9A1ABB-0158-451C-A39B-EC08F6BED226.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	336.8 KB
ID:	171729
        I was going to suggest FCP for forever warranty, but I see you’re in the UK.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by R60BBA View Post
          How many miles have you done since you installed the OE silicone modded hangers?
          Like 30k approximately. Holding up fine.

Comment

Has anyone tried the Rogue hangers: https://www.rogueengineering.com/Rog...ach_p_302.html
            2005 ZCP SMG ///M3

Comment

Originally posted by Will ZCPM3 View Post
              Has anyone tried the Rogue hangers: https://www.rogueengineering.com/Rog...ach_p_302.html
              Yes, use all three and get notable NVH and a muffler that will not move, use one on the passenger side only for less muffler movement and not really any NVH.

Also be prepared to hack off some of whatever bracket you have on the front driver's side as its too long. Great brackets overall, I love the spacers you can use, no more washers stacked up in between the car and mount.
              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
              Instagram

Comment

Working...
              X