• Show
Clear All

Are the front calipers 6 pot

Comment

Originally posted by ac427 View Post
      Are the front calipers 6 pot
      fronts are 4 pots for the standard calipers that take the 380x30 rotors

Comment

Thanks for the detailed diy! Def plan on doing something like this in the future!

Comment

Looks incredible and I'm sure it's a sizeable change in braking. Maybe this gives me an excuse to pull the stock brakes off my F80 for something else and put these on my E46

Comment

What's the feedback on these 380mm boat anchors on track?

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
              What's the feedback on these 380mm boat anchors on track?
              I think you nailed it with boat anchor, those 380mm are 24.91 pounds by themselves, and stock 348mm ZCP/CSL is 17 pounds. A Brembo GT BBK using 355x32 rotors is 16 pounds with rotor hat.
              E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
              Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

I think you nailed it with boat anchor, those 380mm are 24.91 pounds by themselves, and stock 348mm ZCP/CSL is 17 pounds. A Brembo GT BBK using 355x32 rotors is 16 pounds with rotor hat.
                A Brembo 380x32 rotor with no hat is 20.5lbs. Call the hat 2lbs. For this thermal capacity for an off-the-shelf part with this level of thermal capacity, it's not a bad deal. That's before you bring cost into the equation.

Comment

I'm not sure an E46M is heavy or fast enough to warrant much more thermal capacity than a 345-355mm setup. I think the main appeal of this swap is visual, since the factory sliding calipers aren't much to write home about.
                  '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

My question was a bit rhetorical, as I don't expect too many folks (if any) on track with these and agree with mostly visual upgrade and 19s. That said I'm still struggling to find a happy path with my 996 kit.

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
                      My question was a bit rhetorical, as I don't expect too many folks (if any) on track with these and agree with mostly visual upgrade and 19s. That said I'm still struggling to find a happy path with my 996 kit.

Same issue - https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1299160

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
                        I meant this kit on our cars which are a bit lighter and slower. Design of the hat on f8x cars is a "little bit" different to where it can allow the vanes to pump more air, so they could survive better, but then again, you need to stop 25 lb flywheels and that puts in some energy into the system.

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_Enfield View Post
                          So, my understanding is the M sport/performance package brakes for the f3X 3/4 series uses the same calipers as the F80 m3/4 just with different rotors correct?

I'm sure some good deals can be had but eBay seems to average out around 2k CAD for used calipers likely from a salvage yard. Nothing has been popping up on the local classifieds either.

Noticed you can get brand new M performance brakes for the F3x cars for about 1900 Usd. These include front 370mm rotors. Kinda thinking after selling the rotors you would end up with new calipers for only a little more then rebuilt, refinished junk yard ones. Will still need rotors still but I would want to replace them anyways unless I found a really good set.

Really considering taking this on in later stages of my project.

any more info on this? They use a more suitable rotor size at 350

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post

Yes. The m performance upgrade (not m sport package) use the F80/82 calipers and a 370 disk. The M performance package on most F3x cars get the smaller 4-piston caliper/rotor combo paired with a 340mm disk. It is worth noting the LCI 440 could come with the 370mm calipers from the factory.

Tenza Motorsport was able to pair a 350mm style F30 caliper with a E46 M3 comp rotor on a non M with zero modification, per their video.

Comment

Instead of machining the front calipers the 2.5mm, has anyone thought of running a 2.5mm shim instead? I know some people said that installing one between the axle and hub works. Thoughts with that?

Comment

I'd sooner just machine the caliper. What's the reason for not, resale of the calipers? It's just the safer route when it comes to wheel mounting - maximum hub lip

Comment

Working...
                                X