No announcement yet.

F8X Brembo BBK Swap on E46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks PHX, would doing f80 front and rear be too rear biased for mk60?

Comment

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
      Thanks PHX, would doing f80 front and rear be too rear biased for mk60?
      Can’t say honestly. As far as I know whoever has done the swap hasn’t had any issues. My ABS and even traction control, when I forget to turn it off, work perfectly well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Casual bump for brake line vendor

Comment

Hey Johnvu, I wanted to thank you for your very detailed very precise orientation on how to do this conversion. I was able to follow your step by step and install mines. And btw, for all those out there wondering if you can fit this on 18 wheels…yes it is possible, here are some pics.

Comment

Where did you get the brake lines?

Comment

For those thinking F80 fronts are a little too big, FreakyParts over in the UK sells a front kit that puts a Renault Megane Brembo caliper (same as the buildjournal) on a e90 front rotor. It’s 360 x 30. So 15mm larger diameter and 2mm thicker than ZCP. I installed this on my car last month and am very happy so far, will try it out on the track this spring. I have the 996 setup on the rear.
              ‘04 M3

Comment

Originally posted by D10GO View Post
                Hey Johnvu, I wanted to thank you for your very detailed very precise orientation on how to do this conversion. I was able to follow your step by step and install mines. And btw, for all those out there wondering if you can fit this on 18 wheels…yes it is possible, here are some pics.
                No spacer?

Comment

No Sir, shaved the mounting points on the front ones as per your instructions and the rears just bolt on with the adapters…and middle of caliper shaved to allow the adapter bolt to fit…and that’s it!

Comment

Originally posted by D10GO View Post
                    Awesome! Glad my write up was helpful!

Comment

Waiting for someone to install CCB's onto their E46 M3 from the F8x platform. Makes no sense because you'll be able to only run a select set of 19s, but damn that would look good.

Comment

Any concerns with either the now non-existent dust shields in the rear or added unsprung weight?

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post
                          Waiting for someone to install CCB's onto their E46 M3 from the F8x platform. Makes no sense because you'll be able to only run a select set of 19s, but damn that would look good.
                          Funny enough, the ceramics on my f80 will be coming off in the summer and it wouldnt be a bad idea to throw them on my e46! Only thing that would hold me back are having to use very specific set of 19's because not all 19's clear these brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenx View Post

Funny enough, the ceramics on my f80 will be coming off in the summer and it wouldnt be a bad idea to throw them on my e46! Only thing that would hold me back are having to use very specific set of 19's because not all 19's clear these brakes.
                            I will likely be ordering a new set of ceramics later this year after trackings my CS more so before the end of it's life, I may swap them over to the E46 as well since my E46 never will see the track. It would be dope though. Do it!

Comment

Bump. Final plea for a brake line vendor? It’s the last piece I need

Comment

Originally posted by YoitsTmac View Post
                                Bump. Final plea for a brake line vendor? It’s the last piece I need
                                Turner Motorsport F8X brake lines. The e46 brake lines work as well but full lock they’re a little on the tight side.
                                Edit: this is for the front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X