Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Cobra Nogaro seats (uniquely street friendly fixed back bucket seat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R1pilot View Post

Do you have the B-K part number for the brackets?

I have some Pole Position and a set of manual sliders that I want to put together. Right now I am using fixed Recaro brackets.
    Which Pole Positions do you have? I will be listing for sale driver side BK mounts that will work for the regular width PP, but not the PP ABE (I found this out the hard way).

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

Which Pole Positions do you have? I will be listing for sale driver side BK mounts that will work for the regular width PP, but not the PP ABE (I found this out the hard way).
      I honestly had no idea there are different models of PP. Here are a couple of pictures of my seats:

Click image for larger version

Name:	i-nFw86GL-X3.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	186881

Name:	i-Dhrs2gV-X3.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	186882

Comment

Do you have the B-K part number for the brackets?

I have some Pole Position and a set of manual sliders that I want to put together. Right now I am using fixed Recaro brackets.

Thanks!
        My full write up is right here.

The Recaro Pole Position ABEs require the R-9222 (Driver side) and R9223 (Passenger side) mounts.

Comment

I honestly had no idea there are different models of PP. Here are a couple of pictures of my seats:

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-nFw86GL-X3.jpg Views:	47 Size:	110.0 KB ID:	186881
          Click image for larger version  Name:	i-Dhrs2gV-X3.jpg Views:	44 Size:	128.5 KB ID:	186882
          Take a close up photo of the lap belt hole. The tag may also contain the information you need.
          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Found a set of sedan manual sliders at the junkyard today, some motivation to actually do this project (getting Imola Nogaros made by Cobra) over the winter.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

My full write up is right here.

The Recaro Pole Position ABEs require the R-9222 (Driver side) and R9223 (Passenger side) mounts.
              I noticed when trying out the R9222 (365mm-429mm) with the PP ABE seats, the mounts would bulge out a bit so I am using the R9220 (430mm-460mm) and it seems to fit much better with some spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleSidedTape View Post
                Found a set of sedan manual sliders at the junkyard today, some motivation to actually do this project (getting Imola Nogaros made by Cobra) over the winter.
                Just FYI. I recently spoke to HMS and they currently have a shipment of Cobra seats on the way. This means you will either have to pay for shipping (which was like $400 per seat) or wait ~6 months to see if they can stuff them in with their next shipment. I would reach out sooner rather than later if you want custom seats made.
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

Take a close up photo of the lap belt hole. The tag may also contain the information you need.
                  I don't have any pictures of the belt hole with me, will upload one tonight when I get home.

What exactly changes on the ABE ones that will not allow the bracket to be interchangeable with the regular PP? I checked online and the bracket hole location seem to be the same between them.

I have these:

Name:	i-5gwtkQq-L.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	187146

Name:	i-7bXQfRR-L.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	187147

Name:	i-L2bn3kz-L.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	187148

Comment

Originally posted by zivagolee View Post

I noticed when trying out the R9222 (365mm-429mm) with the PP ABE seats, the mounts would bulge out a bit so I am using the R9220 (430mm-460mm) and it seems to fit much better with some spacers.
                    Same with me. With the R9222, I couldn't get the rail mounting holes to line up with the car without putting a lot of tension on the rails. With the R9220, bolts go right in without a fight.

What exactly changes on the ABE ones that will not allow the bracket to be interchangeable with the regular PP? I checked online and the bracket hole location seem to be the same between them.
                    ABE version is wider. I think you might have the regular width PP, but double check.
                    Last edited by elbert; 10-05-2022, 07:42 AM.

Comment

FIA Pole Positions are the narrower ones; ABE are a different seat and do not have FIA certification.

Comment

ABE ver. seats that can be installed/approved by TUV in a street car whiles the FIA ver. will need special approval for it to be used on the street. Also FIA seats have an expiration date.

If you are using the car for some sort of FIA event then you will need the fia certified seat.

Comment

Having a difficult time installing the front bolt on the mounts. I can install only one of them as the stock mounting stud interferes with the bolt and will not let it pass through.

I see on the original post that Obioban has the bolts going from the top down, but the instructions says otherwise. Maybe they were updated at some point.

Did you guys press that stud out or how was that dealt with.

Just in case it matters I am using manual X3 rails.

​​​​​

Name:	i-zqxGd6Z-L.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	190627

Comment

^ classic BK safety critical parts not really fitting right.

Use a Dremel with a grinder attachment to grind off the bolt flange on one side. I had to do the same.

Comment

R1pilot From memory when I did mine I threaded on the nut and tightened it through. That way it 'self tolerances' with the stud. Initially I did the above with a file and took down the flange on the bolt but that was taking forever.

Comment

Thanks guys. I hate forcing things, but I was so frustrated that I ended up following Thoglan’s advise. It was still a pita but it worked.

If you do this, I would suggest you start forcing the bolt and stop when you have enough to engage the threads with the mount on. Otherwise the bolt will stick out and the mount cant pivot onto it, hopefully that is clear.

I am starting to doubt my purchase and maybe I should have stuck with my Recaro mounts …

Comment

Working...
                                X