No announcement yet.

OEM Windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ordered a windshield to the US through Schmiedmann? Price comes to $388.61 after shipping, but I have a feeling duties will make it ridiculous.

WINDSCREEN, INFRARED - 51317019544, 51 31 7 019 544, 7019544, 51-31-7-019-544
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
      Has anyone ordered a windshield to the US through Schmiedmann? Price comes to $388.61 after shipping, but I have a feeling duties will make it ridiculous.

https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/produ...1-31-7-019-544
      Seems rather expensive to me still, I can get this part number from my dealer for 178 EUR, they have a nice markup in place for sure.

However I am not sure if they will even ship a windshield to the US, haha.
      E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
      E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
      E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Schmiedmann can and does update shipping charges after the order goes through (obviously they email and ask whether to proceed or cancel). I’ve tried ordering a “cheap” headliner multiple times and the shipping always goes up by hundreds. Ended up buying one at the dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwfnatic View Post

Seems rather expensive to me still, I can get this part number from my dealer for 178 EUR, they have a nice markup in place for sure.

However I am not sure if they will even ship a windshield to the US, haha.
          Good to know. Doubt they'll ship over here, but I'll give the local dealers a call.

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Schmiedmann can and does update shipping charges after the order goes through (obviously they email and ask whether to proceed or cancel). I’ve tried ordering a “cheap” headliner multiple times and the shipping always goes up by hundreds. Ended up buying one at the dealer.
          That's disappointing, but not unexpected. I've emailed them to see what they say. I'll report back.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

they wont ship glass unfortunately. I tried once to order a Infrared windscreen from a euro sedan that had rain sensor but they cancelled the order and said they can not ship windshields. I even offered to waive liability if anything was broken just to take a chance that it came over safely but they said no.

Comment

IR windscreen is the best.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

Why would you avoid the purple goodness 😁

I have the infared windshield on my sedan. There's a cutout center top area for toll passes and radar detectors
                Hey nextelbuddy (or anyone else with this glass) - do you have a picture that shows this cutout area? I've looked at several pics in the google machine and can't seem to find any that show that cutout.

I'm in the market for a windshield, want the infrared windshield (love purple goodness), but absolutely need a radar detector cutout. Per RealOEM, pretty sure it's part #: 51317059703

For vehicles with
                Green windscreen, green shade band
                and
                Climate comfort windscreen
                and
                Rain sensor
                S354A=Yes

S358A=Yes

S521A=Yes
                01 Windshield, infrared 1 09/2001 51317059703
                only in conjunction with
                Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Try asking your local dealer to price match GetBMWParts or any of the other vast number of dealers that all use the same underlying software. When I have been ordering larger parts that make shipping cost-prohibitive for my current project (Euro bumper, radiators, windshield cowl, etc.), I order through the dealer and go pick it up myself. It gets rid of freight charges completely. It's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Hey nextelbuddy (or anyone else with this glass) - do you have a picture that shows this cutout area? I've looked at several pics in the google machine and can't seem to find any that show that cutout.

I'm in the market for a windshield, want the infrared windshield (love purple goodness), but absolutely need a radar detector cutout. Per RealOEM, pretty sure it's part #: 51317059703

For vehicles with
                    Green windscreen, green shade band
                    and
                    Climate comfort windscreen
                    and
                    Rain sensor
                    S354A=Yes

S358A=Yes

S521A=Yes
                    01 Windshield, infrared 1 09/2001 51317059703
                    only in conjunction with
                    Area circle in red

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
                      Area circle in red
                      Thank you!

A radar detector can get that high up there, mounted on the glass?

For some reason I didn't think with where the rearview mirror (and headliner) is in that picture, the radar detector would fit there. My car is currently in a million pieces so was having a hard time remembering/visualizing that interior space. I'll go back to my pics...

Appreciate it!

Comment

Wouldn't need a radar detector if you drove the speed limit.

Just saying...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CybrSlydr View Post

Just saying...
                          Holy crap, Grandmom I didn't realize you joined the forum! Welcome. I'll be over for Sunday dinner tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Holy crap, Grandmom I didn't realize you joined the forum! Welcome. I'll be over for Sunday dinner tomorrow.
                            Bring your own food and drink.

Comment

Just saying...

Most of us wouldn't be driving M3s if we only ever drove speed limit.

Comment

Just saying...

Great point. We should just sell these 8K RPM machines and roll in Chevy Volts instead. I wonder how a Volt would look in Shark Blue...

Comment

Working...
                                X