Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a long shot, but I'm preparing for my first track event at Leguna Seca and it states 90 decibel sound limit. My exhaust is all stock except for Rogue Engineering El Diablo Muffler. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced getting flagged for too loud of an exhaust at this track?

Comment

Originally posted by FBloggs View Post
      Because of the 10/60 wt oil.
      I would Break-in for 1500 miles, 4k rpm max, and be sympathetic daily until the oil is at operating temp.
      Days go by and I don't hit 4k rpm and it is still rapid.
      I think BMW says 1200 for the break-in.. either way not too far off from 1500.

Comment

Yea seems like I said to be a split camp on the bearing thing. I just emailed BE and asked them.
        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Are there any options for running brake cooling ducting and retaining fog lights?

I found this picture from a forum post from 2009 but it appears to be a custom piece

Click image for larger version

Name:	e46 fog light.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	123937
          2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
          ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Probably a chinesium replica of a hamann piece.
            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Hello all for anyone who has installed a steering wheel on these cars, i was hoping someone would be able to answer this. So I installed a new steering coupler on my car and it threw the alignment off ie the steering wheel when driving straight is tilted a very few degrees. I know the cars alignment is good wheel to wheel wise so i was wondering if i could fix this steering wheel issue by removing the steering wheel and rotating it one tooth. My question is is this even possible though? I know the cars wheel has a mark that you are supposed to align so if i move the steering wheel over one tooth will it allow me to since this mark will no longer align? or does the steering wheel only go on one orientation and the angle cannot be adjusted at all..

Thanks

Comment

Response regarding break in procedure:

Hi Nate,

No break in is our suggestion. Many choose to change oil after 500 to 1000 miles.
                http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by M3S54E46 View Post
                  Hello all for anyone who has installed a steering wheel on these cars, i was hoping someone would be able to answer this. So I installed a new steering coupler on my car and it threw the alignment off ie the steering wheel when driving straight is tilted a very few degrees. I know the cars alignment is good wheel to wheel wise so i was wondering if i could fix this steering wheel issue by removing the steering wheel and rotating it one tooth. My question is is this even possible though? I know the cars wheel has a mark that you are supposed to align so if i move the steering wheel over one tooth will it allow me to since this mark will no longer align? or does the steering wheel only go on one orientation and the angle cannot be adjusted at all..

Thanks
                  I've encountered what you're experiencing now. You can try to correct it by rotating it the minimum graduation amount of one spline tooth CW/CCW but you might never be able to get steering wheel alignment perfect like it was before you swapped the wheel. The only way that I know to get that perfect centered steering wheel alignment back is to get an alignment done so the tech can adjust it from underneath the car.
                  Last edited by E46_M3_ZCP; 08-31-2021, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Can I drive a while with non functional O2 sensor heaters? I seem to have a short to ground and the fuse supplying power for all 4 O2 heaters keeps popping. Not sure yet if it’s a specific sensor that developed a short to ground or if my harness got damaged. Car keeps going into limp mode because of this - I can disable the error codes, but want to make sure my fueling won’t be drastically off until I can diagnose and fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by skristedja View Post
                      Anyone know what could cause a low pitch creaking sound when going over low speed bumps in turns? I have an angled driveway I go over everyday at work and I hear this creaking sound coming from my car (sounds like the front but it could be the rear). I took my car in for an alignment and they checked all the bushings and joints in the suspension and they said no issues so idk. RACP is reinforced with redish plates and vincebar so I'd like to rule that out lol.

skristedja If not the sway bar end links, maybe it's your sway bar bushings.

Comment

Question about rod bearing job.

The TIS says to replace the oil pump pickup tube o-ring. I don't see anyone ever mention replacing this and didn't order one. It appears to be viton (brown rubber) and still in good shape. Do you guys think its ok to reuse?

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                          Question about rod bearing job.

The TIS says to replace the oil pump pickup tube o-ring. I don't see anyone ever mention replacing this and didn't order one. It appears to be viton (brown rubber) and still in good shape. Do you guys think its ok to reuse?

I'd replace it. It's cheap and you're already in there.

Comment

I recently bought the Induktiv wireless charger kit and was wondering if I could wire it to the 'Sport' button on the dash? I hate the Sport function and never use it. I also don't want the Induktiv unit to always be charging my phone (on long road trips for example). I'm assuming I can add vampire tap to #1 and #5/6 on the wiring diagram attached? If it works, I'd cut the #2 (and #4?) wire behind the tap to disable the Sport function. Would this work?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone know if sedan sliders slide further forward than coupe sliders? Trying to maximize rear seat access with fixed back bucket seats/BK brackets.

Comment

I am approaching 70K on my vehicle and just ordered the serpentine/AC belt as the AC belt isn't looking great and I don't know the last time either belt was replaced. I have owned the vehicle approximately 4 years and have never changed them.

Question: Assuming the pulleys/tensioners/idlers are original at 70k should I replace everything or would it be ok to just replace the belts? No squeaking etc.

2nd question: What brand(s) are generally acceptable on the pulleys/tensioners/idler/associated bolts?

I think I will likely just replace everything but just thought I would ask.

Thanks.
                                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X