Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am thinking about fitting Recaro Sportster CS or Cobra Nogaro Circuit seats to my E46 M3. Either way, I'll be using Brey-Krause mounts which use the OEM sliders.
    Before I spend the money, I thought I'd ask the silly question. To anyone who's tried both seats, which is more spacious? I'm a slightly larger gent and thinking the Sportster would be better.
    The DemonTweeks dimensions are not so clear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cobranogarofixedback-sizeguide.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	145254

Click image for larger version  Name:	recarosportster-sizeguide.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.0 KB ID:	145250

Last edited by Tallmann; 12-23-2021, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
      I remember somebody was selling m stripes to renew the faded ones on the old forum. Nothing like those here?
      Never done garage:

Looks like they closed the website for the holidays.

Comment

Can the brake "dust shields" be cut off to fully remove them, or do the hubs have to be removed? Looking to delete the shields for next year as a first step to better brake cooling on track before adding ducts as recommended here.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
          Can the brake "dust shields" be cut off to fully remove them, or do the hubs have to be removed? Looking to delete the shields for next year as a first step to better brake cooling on track before adding ducts as recommended here.
          You can remove a good amount if not all by trimming the shield without removing hub. For your purposes of cooling or clearance, you can remove enough to make a difference and would not be worth removing hubs (plus risk damaging your bearings in the process). Unless you needed to replace the bearings anyways, of course.

Comment

The front plastic trim piece under the headlight (above the bumper) attaches to the headlights right? Mine doesnt seem to "click" in anywhere and when i close my hood it comes loose.

My headlight is damaged so i assume that may cause that trim piece to be loose since theres nowhere to attach it to underneath?

Comment

The rear parcel shelf looks different pre and post refresh in the m3s. I have a 2003 with the old style. If i purchase a new parcel shelf how can i know if i’m getting the right one? Or are they backwards compatible?

Comment

Originally posted by michaeljchn View Post
                The front plastic trim piece under the headlight (above the bumper) attaches to the headlights right? Mine doesnt seem to "click" in anywhere and when i close my hood it comes loose.

My headlight is damaged so i assume that may cause that trim piece to be loose since theres nowhere to attach it to underneath?
                It attaches to the headlight as a trim piece.

See image here: (arrows are for headlight removal not trim piece but you get the idea)
                Click image for larger version  Name:	angeleyes11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	228.6 KB ID:	147461
                The tabs are either broken on the trim piece or the headlamp itself.

Comment

Originally posted by t44tq View Post

Never done garage:

Looks like they closed the website for the holidays.
                  It's back up! Just placed an order.
                  Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

What's a fair price for a complete black coupe interior in fair/decent 7/10 condition? Front and rear seats, door cards, no trim. Seats are electric, not heated. Like $1500?
                    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

7/10? I wouldn't pay 1500 Maybe if trims in good condition were included and seats were manual

I think 7/10 regular black front seats are prob only worth $500?
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                        What's a fair price for a complete black coupe interior in fair/decent 7/10 condition? Front and rear seats, door cards, no trim. Seats are electric, not heated. Like $1500?
                        If you’re buying. I’m seeing $700 front seats, $400 - $500 rear seats, $400-$600 panels, which is in that ballpark without shipping. Those are eBay prices. I haven’t checked car-part.com. Someone was talking about another salvage site that’s better organized but I can’t remember which board that was in (doh!!). I’ll see if I can dig that up and run a search or two.

maw

EDIT -- Smitty's in Nashville seems to have 2 for sale now, one for $1300, the other for $1500.

OFF TOPIC -- Since when did people start selling brushed aluminum interior kits for $2500?!?! (https://www.ebay.com/itm/20321905227...QAAOxyaTxRQVuB)
                        Last edited by maw1124; 01-12-2022, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys, I was considering trading my interior plus cash for a different one but I decided to concentrate on other things first instead.
                          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                            OFF TOPIC -- Since when did people start selling brushed aluminum interior kits for $2500?!?! (https://www.ebay.com/itm/20321905227...QAAOxyaTxRQVuB)
                            What in the holy hell...
                            Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Question regarding rear shock towers to subframe x braces. Some solutions replace the two rear subframe bolts with longer bolts that pass through the threaded chassis inserts and tie into the brace. What do braces like this achieve? They add some strength/rigidity to the shock towers but passing through the original mounting locations doesn’t seem like a solution that offers more rigidity and reinforcement to the subframe mounting area/racp. Could anyone speak to this?
                              Thanks

Comment

I will be replacing all bushings in rear-end of the vehicle soon and wondered if anyone could suggest a kit(s) they have personally used on these bushings successfully.

I know there are threads on this and I have read them but I'd sure appreciate any suggestions, I haven't found much in regards to the upper wishbone>subframe bushing.
                                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X